Trade stocks? Then you need Equityfeed
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Trend Spotting » CPRK - Revisited

Old 05-18-2009, 11:23 AM   Nav to Top  #41
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Real Info

Originally Posted by mrchris View Post
does anyone have any real info on this company?
We are working on it.
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 AM   Nav to Top  #42
mrchris
Junior Trader

Favorites: RIMM AAPL GS
mrchris has a spectacular aura aboutmrchris has a spectacular aura aboutmrchris has a spectacular aura about

thanks...i saw a video of it on youtube and the guy hyping it was j peterman from seinfeld..what the ffff
mrchris is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:47 AM   Nav to Top  #43
bufarda
VIP Trader

Favorites: XL OPC LVS
bufarda is a splendid one to beholdbufarda is a splendid one to beholdbufarda is a splendid one to beholdbufarda is a splendid one to beholdbufarda is a splendid one to beholdbufarda is a splendid one to behold

Going to all this work at setting up the scam and then getting so lazy at the end that they didn't even bother put up a proper website.
bufarda is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:09 PM   Nav to Top  #44
goldflash22
VIP Trader

Favorites: LVS, DRYS, MGM
goldflash22 is a splendid one to beholdgoldflash22 is a splendid one to beholdgoldflash22 is a splendid one to beholdgoldflash22 is a splendid one to beholdgoldflash22 is a splendid one to beholdgoldflash22 is a splendid one to beholdgoldflash22 is a splendid one to beholdgoldflash22 is a splendid one to behold

Hey guys and gals,

This morning, I e-mailed the reporter (Jasen Lee) from the Desert News who reported on CPRK in late March. Here is original e-mail and his, quick, response.

"Jason,

I must preface my statements by saying that as a reporter, I do not feel quite comfortable providing information for investment purposes. I am in no way qualified and would never tell anyone how to invest, ever! Whether it is a scheme or not, I can’t really say.

I went to Milford for the ribbon cutting and saw the operation along with the areas to be mined. It seemed legit and there were lots of people there that appeared to be employees and I spoke with the company president, who seemed sincere. I have no reason to believe that something was amiss.

I was told at the time that it would take a couple of months before the facility was fully operational and I haven’t heard any update thus far.

JL

On 5/18/09 9:10 AM, "Clarke, Jason E" wrote:
Jasen,

I see that you recently reported on Copper King Mining (CPRK) for the Desert News and I have a few questions, as I am a current investor in the company and considering increasing my investment.

Deseret News | Digging in: Copper mill could be gold mine for Beaver County

There have been rumors swirling that CPRK is a pump and dump scheme and there are questions about the actual existence of the mines. Have you actually visited the mines yourself, near Milford, UT? Are the mines now fully operational? Is the current mine site an old mine that has been previously mined? If you visited the mine, how many employees (approx.) were on hand?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Jason Clarke"

So, it seems like the mine does exist and people are gainfully employed there. It's not a lock, but a little more evidence that CPRK could be the real deal.
goldflash22 is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:09 PM   Nav to Top  #45
Stealpulse
Au

Favorites: HUN NRF HEB
Stealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, just got off of the phone with "Deputy Romney" at the Beaver County Sheriff's office.

Beaver County, Utah

26 S 100 W
Milford, UT 84751
(435) 387-5486

He was very polite, and kindly answered some questions for me.

There is a mining operation in Milford, currently going under the name of Western Utah Copper Co..

It does employ "a good number of people".

Deputy Romney said he knows of a merger between a Copper King and Western Utah Copper, but to his knowledge, Copper King is not operating as Copper King, rather there is Western Utah Copper.

So there is a mining operation in Milford. The question is, who owns it?

Deputy Romney stated he did not know exact details relating to CPRK/WUCC.

The more I dig, the more I suspect a "shell" corporation scam, rather than just thin air.

Last edited by Stealpulse; 05-18-2009 at 12:14 PM..
Stealpulse is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:12 PM   Nav to Top  #46
Aaron
UberTrader

Favorites: GNTA, ABTG, CNFO
Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron

i would be sincerely surprised if it was a scams, and the only reason i'm using to back this up is that trants recommended it.. hes been in the game entirely too long to be picking scams. i still hold the faith, even though you guys are shaking the hell out of my conscience!! lol
watching closely with trailing stops set.
i love yah all, but i sincerely hope youre all wrong...
>>there goes the fidelity<<
Aaron is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:32 PM   Nav to Top  #47
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute

Western Utah Copper Co.. is a subsidiary of Copper King
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:04 PM   Nav to Top  #48
Mac
UberTrader

Mac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond repute
Default CPRK IR Response

I just spoke with Mr. Moskowitz on the phone regarding a teleconference with our group.

He has indicated that, after speaking with 'Mark', they are concerned about SEC disclosure rules; i.e. they cannot legally disclose information to a limited set of shareholders. (I would expect a scam artist to disregard SEC rules.....)

Therefore, he is preparing a synopsis of current activities, and will send it out tonight. (I'll post as soon as I receive )

He also requests that if we have any additional, specific questions regarding CPRK, we should send those questions to him and he will work to get them addressed asap.

Please post your questions within this thread. I will forward all questions to him tonight.

In addition to StealPulse's questions, here are some that I conjured up:

• Has CopperKing subjected it's raw ore to third party certification labs to determine content/purity of ore?
  • What is the % copper content of typical raw material mined at CPRK?
  • Magnetite?
  • Has CopperKing examined, internally or by third-party lab, the metal content of it's processed ore for quality and content? ( copper, gold, silver, molybdenum, lead, zinc..etc)
  • Has CopperKing established a buyer(s) for it's processed ore?
  • What logistical hurdles exist to get product to market?
  • What environmental constraints does Copperking operate under? (i.e. hazmat handling, reclamation requirements..etc)
  • Has CopperKing's new facility been inspected by State environmental quality groups to survey the containment of any hazardous byproducts (especially radioactive materials)?
  • If not, is such an inspection scheduled?
  • Does CopperKing currently have any plans to utilize waste material in other markets? ( i.e. crushed rock for various construction projects )
  • What is CopperKings estimated cost of production per pound of finished, refined metal?
  • Where does CopperKing stand with it's stated target of producing 2,500 short tons per day?
  • Going forward, what steps need to be taken to commission the SXEW plant?
  • Capital sources?
  • Equipment source and/or availability/lead time?
  • Status of power supply agreements?
  • Any plans going forward to utilize solar/wind power to supplement current power sources? State Grants available for that purpose?

p.s. remember, it can always go lower, unless it's already at zero.
Mac is offline   3 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:10 PM   Nav to Top  #49
Stealpulse
Au

Favorites: HUN NRF HEB
Stealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond repute

In case anyone was wondering, here was the list I emailed to Chuck:

Ok, if I were you, here are my questions:

1. What is CPRK's relationship to IBC. This is a fundamental question.

2. Why are CRPK's "headquarters" located in a UPS store in Spokane, WA.? Sorry, but this one makes me giggle.

3. Why did CRPK claim to have "55 billboards" in L.A. county?

4. Why is CPRK diverting funds to South American Geothermal projects? CRPK is supposed to be a mining company.

5. Why was CPRK's "ribbon cutting ceremony" so cheesey? Seriously I've seen 2nd graders with more impressive presentations at their science fairs.

6. Why is WUCC the website being developed, despite CPRK being CPRK?

Just to be clear, I wrote those at about midnight last night, and may or may not have drank a six pack of beer prior.

So, I wouldn't really ask about the cheesey ribbon cutting ceremony. Despite its cheesey-ness.

Cheers!

Last edited by Stealpulse; 05-18-2009 at 09:49 PM..
Stealpulse is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:55 AM   Nav to Top  #50
mrchris
Junior Trader

Favorites: RIMM AAPL GS
mrchris has a spectacular aura aboutmrchris has a spectacular aura aboutmrchris has a spectacular aura about

look on yahoo board...moscowitz answered an email and explained progress
mrchris is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
CPRK