Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Trend Spotting » KCAP UP UP UP

Old 04-30-2009, 12:10 AM   Nav to Top  #11
fherrada
UberTrader

Favorites: CNFO, CTIC, CAST
fherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to fherrada

Well lets say i am pissed a third time....can somebody correct me if i am wrong but the ExDiv date was on the 3rd or 6th of April, right? so if i sold a few shares on the 8th, it should not of affected my dividend payout in any way?????
I sold 51 shares on the 8th @ $4.10 to use on an other trade as i needed cash so i am left with 150 shares...I was credited with 9.9448 shares worth $36 wich as i explained in an early post was supposed to get cash.....Anyway the math shows that i was paid for 150 shares!!!!!
What the hell?????? does that mean that they based their div payout on the number of shares owned as of yearsteday or today??/
i owned 201 shares after the ExDiv date......Please enlight me, i feel a little stupid right this minute or just ran over lol
Old 05-08-2009, 04:29 PM   Nav to Top  #12
fherrada
UberTrader

fherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant future

What a day for KCAP, just released results of 1Q and it went flying!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif Chart of KCAP.gif (13.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-08-2009, 04:41 PM   Nav to Top  #13
stocksearcher
Trader

Favorites: heb, xl, bac
stocksearcher is a jewel in the roughstocksearcher is a jewel in the roughstocksearcher is a jewel in the roughstocksearcher is a jewel in the rough

Is it too late to jump into KCAP now that earnings are announced?
stocksearcher is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:14 PM   Nav to Top  #14
rohan
...:::VIP Trader:::...

Favorites: LVS, XL, HEB :-)
rohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to all

I wouldn't chase stocks.
rohan is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:25 PM   Nav to Top  #15
fherrada
UberTrader

KCAP was a Div play and most of us(i did) got in at average 2.90, and took some serious gains when it poped to $4.25....I am still holding KCAP for the Div play and just sold more shares today at 4.30..I wouldn't get into KCAP unless it would come back down towards 3.00....Just my play...But i think this is a nice LONG play...
Old 05-11-2009, 06:36 PM   Nav to Top  #16
Mac
UberTrader

Mac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond repute

Latest 10Q
**Net assets per share: $11.53
Another key point, topic of some discussion previously: "We use borrowed funds, known as “leverage,” to make investments and to attempt to increase returns to our shareholders by reducing our overall cost of capital. As a BDC, we are limited in the amount of leverage we can incur under the 1940 Act. We are only allowed to borrow amounts such that our asset coverage, as defined in the 1940 Act, equals at least 200% after such borrowing. As of March 31, 2009, we had $245 million of outstanding borrowings and our asset coverage was 201%. "
-So, they're walking a fine line, but they're doing it consistently and maximizing their exposure to the current market, which I think is a good thing.

by the way FHerrada: did you ever figure out what happened with your distribution? I believe that April 6th was the ex-div, so any trading activity on or after the 6th shouldn't have effected your distribution. My brokerage, Zecco, screwed the pooch again....took the cash distribution despite multiple previous orders to reinvest. I've since opened up an Etrade account and am preparing to transfer all holdings, pending how hard Zecco customer service wants to kiss me arse.

I also agree that KCAP at $3.00 is a strong buy. I sold some Friday at $4.40 (a GTC limit sell I had forgotten about) and I currently have a GTC limit order to buy those shares back at $3.39 .

p.s. remember, it can always go lower, unless it's already at zero.

Last edited by Mac; 05-11-2009 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: added comment
Mac is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:16 PM   Nav to Top  #17
fherrada
UberTrader

Mac, good update, i just read it also and now i am way more confident and happy to have achieved getting my free ride...As for my Div payout, it was figured out on the day before the 29th, so yeah i got screwed again...but none the less, i have sold repeatedly at $4.15 and $4.30 as i had set triggers also forgoten, i was kinda surprised lol but that was a great move!!!!...
I still think it willgo back down as people might panic sell and iwill be buying back also at around $3.50 or $3.20 but i can dream of $3.00 but not likely...So yeah Mac, i am definitly in the LONG with this one and won't let go!!GLTUA
Old 06-15-2009, 10:41 AM   Nav to Top  #18
Mac
UberTrader

Mac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond repute
Default KCAP Update 6/15/2009 Dividend Declaration

FYI: KCAP Update today:

Kohlberg Capital Corporation Declares 2009 Second Quarter Dividend of $0.24 Per Share

NEW YORK, Jun 15, 2009 (GlobeNewswire via COMTEX News Network) -- Kohlberg Capital Corporation (Nasdaq:KCAP) ("Kohlberg Capital") today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a cash dividend of $0.24 per share on shares of its common stock for the quarter ended June 30, 2009. The dividend is payable on July 29, 2009 to shareholders of record as of July 9, 2009.

see also 8K release

Dividend, as of open today correlates to a yield of 19.6%.

I remain bullish on KCAP and continue to hold all my shares long, and will reinvest all dividend distributions.

**Note: they still have a share buyback authorized that they haven't authorized yet....they must exectute within 10 days of distributing dividend, if I remember correctly.... if and when that happens, I expect the shareprice to get a nice jolt to the upside due to the inverse dilution (concentration ?? ).

p.s. remember, it can always go lower, unless it's already at zero.
Mac is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:56 PM   Nav to Top  #19
fherrada
UberTrader

Same here MAC, i am holding for the LONG and even forgetting about it...This time, i will re-invest instead of the cash as it didn't turn out that great for me last time....Thanx for the info.

Tags
KCAP