Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Trend Spotting » Well It Is Time To Again Test Investor Sentiment Around the World!

View Poll Results: Market Sentiment Thru June 1st 2009 (Select All That Apply!)
I am a raging BULL 3 10.71%
I am a growling BEAR 7 25.00%
I am Sector Bullish Only 3 10.71%
I am Sector Bearish, Market Bullish! 2 7.14%
I think the DOW will be Over 9,000 5 17.86%
I think the DOW will be under 7,000 6 21.43%
I think the DOW will stay in a Range “In Between” 9 32.14%
I think we will stay on a “slow” steady track upward. 4 14.29%
I don’t even want to venture a guess! 2 7.14%
HELP! Get me out of here! Why did I even risk the $ 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 PM   Nav to Top  #1
trants
Rants

Favorites: MOT WDC ENG
trants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond repute
Question Well It Is Time To Again Test Investor Sentiment Around the World!

We have asked the question, " How do you feel about the Markets? " in our capacity of the LVS group.

But we have new tools now. Lets use them. We know that not everyone of our members will jump out and POST, as either they don't have confidence yet as they are new. Or they are Wiser than I! lol

Bluestoo has a saying he got from (I think his father I believe) and he will correct me if need be.... He says

"Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you the fool, rather than opening it and proving the fact!"

Guess I will never learn .......
Well here you get to vote you feelings on several points.

So please vote and don't hesitate to post as well if you feel you want to. But lets see the vote!
trants is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:17 PM   Nav to Top  #2
SeanECE
Ghandi G

Favorites: BIPH CPRK GNTA
SeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SeanECE Send a message via Skype™ to SeanECE

I will admit and play the fool. C'mon, I believe to be a great investor you MUST put your opinion out there, right or wrong. This is the best way to learn!!! Pending refusal to learn and accept the truth "of course". Enough from Ghandi now.....

I believe the market is reaching either a PEAK or a PLATEAU before another Bull session. The law of threes leads me to believe the former and last Bear session will soon befall us before we head out of this recession.

Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
SeanECE is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:33 PM   Nav to Top  #3
trants
Rants

trants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Well Said Sean!!

Originally Posted by SeanECE View Post
I will admit and play the fool. C'mon, I believe to be a great investor you MUST put your opinion out there, right or wrong. This is the best way to learn!!! Pending refusal to learn and accept the truth "of course". Enough from Ghandi now.....

I believe the market is reaching either a PEAK or a PLATEAU before another Bull session. The law of threes leads me to believe the former and last Bear session will soon befall us before we head out of this recession.
Hey Sean,

Well said, Your PLATEAU to older investors is called a Consolidation! And yes that is where we are right now. You note we have been stuck on this $8,000 mark. Every day up one and the next day down 2, etc.

We, In my opinion will bell on a large bull run within the next week! It will be fueled with a lot of coming earnings reports that a poised to be good ones.

(Of course not all will be!)

I have been the lone for some time now but I do hope a few folks see that the sky is not about to fall and join the herd while there is still to be made!!

Last edited by Miles; 04-28-2009 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: Spelling lololol Still a Heathan!
trants is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:13 PM   Nav to Top  #4
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

Sector bullish, overall bearish. Sub 7000 again would be ideal...
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:21 PM   Nav to Top  #5
trants
Rants

Question

Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Sector bullish, overall bearish. Sub 7000 again would be ideal...
LOL

You are such a Pessimist today, He He,

Did you have trouble sleeping, your skype keep ringing! lolol

But now we need to know ............... Drum roll please

XXXXXXXXXX

What Sector Miles!

Old 04-28-2009, 05:37 PM   Nav to Top  #6
sblok
*BEAR*

Favorites: KFN,FAZ/FAS,TBT,SRS
sblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to behold

I think most of us are dreaming about sub 7000 lol, but we probably wont see it for a while
sblok is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:46 PM   Nav to Top  #7
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

What Sector Miles!

Why tech of course! Haha to be honest I don't have a single tech play. So I guess you could call me the uberpessimist. if I had to pick a sector to be bullish aside from Tech I will say OIL.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:49 PM   Nav to Top  #8
trants
Rants

Devil

Originally Posted by sblok View Post
I think most of us are dreaming about sub 7000 lol, but we probably wont see it for a while
Man this Has to keep on charging up, there are way to many of you grumpy ol' 's around these parts..... I live in the woods and there are fewer 's around here.

I have to watch-out that I don't get a big bite in the arsh' form BELOW! XD

Now I will make you 's a deal. You fellas (And Gal's, as the case may be) get more bullish until June 1st and I will let you have a bit of a dip in mid June!

But I need to make some by then.

I need some movement before the 15th so I can get Lattes .. He He!

Old 04-28-2009, 05:55 PM   Nav to Top  #9
Mac
UberTrader

Mac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I know is, "Tomorrow will be critical for the markets". lol

I think we're gonna start crashing back down by the first week in May and bottom in early June. ( I pulled these dates out me arse) I've peeled some profit layers away and kept my principal intact for the most part.

BUT, I am keeping my long positions, and have sell stops on my shorts that I would LIKE to inch up every evening, but it seems that this BEAR MARKET PENNANT will soon run completely out of steam. I hope I'm wrong...then again, I'd love another opportunity to pick up some more REITs and ADRs with divi's on the super-cheap. Either that, or we'll move sideways in choppy trading for some time, making a day-traders dream (and a newbie's nightmare).

So in summary, my forecast is for increasing chance of precipitous gut-wrenching drop with a continued likelyhood of sideways choppy sea-sickness.

In any event, I'm still scrambling to raise cash...hoarding every penny from my paychecks that I can. "What, milk? We don't need no stinking milk!"

And how's this for relative strength?!?

p.s. remember, it can always go lower, unless it's already at zero.
Mac is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:19 PM   Nav to Top  #10
SeanECE
Ghandi G

Favorites: BIPH CPRK GNTA
SeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SeanECE Send a message via Skype™ to SeanECE

I was a cautious bear but I am convinced it is a bull market now. Poor GDP and we should be down or sideways in a good market. We and a rockin' day.

I am converted to the Bull side........ 9000 here we come

SeanECE is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote