Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Trend Spotting » BBDA breaking out on no news?

Old 08-20-2009, 07:07 PM   Nav to Top  #1
relikwie
Junior Trader

Favorites: ctic c say
relikwie is on a distinguished road
Default BBDA breaking out on no news?

Hi there, just want to bring this one under your attention.
Bebida Beverages (BBDA.PK) shows a breakout with an insanely huge volume in just two days.
There is no news to be found; forums where airing a coca-cola buyout rumor. But this seems to be incorrect.

The stock isn't pumped AFAIK; it's a strange case which looks like leaked information - or buyout?

your input is appreciated.
relikwie is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:36 PM   Nav to Top  #2
jim.aasen
Trader

jim.aasen is a jewel in the roughjim.aasen is a jewel in the roughjim.aasen is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by relikwie View Post
Hi there, just want to bring this one under your attention.
Bebida Beverages (BBDA.PK) shows a breakout with an insanely huge volume in just two days.
There is no news to be found; forums where airing a coca-cola buyout rumor. But this seems to be incorrect.

The stock isn't pumped AFAIK; it's a strange case which looks like leaked information - or buyout?

your input is appreciated.
Tough to say...I've read the Coke rumors, but I think the real speculation may be rooted in getting the company uplisted, share buyback and some new locations to sell the products. They've got some nice advertising going on with NASCAR, etc. and the CEO has stated that the "biggest news of his beverage career" is in the pipe. Speculation is that the news will be out in 7-10 days, so I'm holding until this news hits. At these prices, or even a little bit lower, good money can be made here!

Jim
jim.aasen is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:18 AM   Nav to Top  #3
TheCommish
Junior Trader

Favorites: SPNG BAC CTIC
TheCommish has a spectacular aura aboutTheCommish has a spectacular aura about
Default Longer term investment IMO

Here is what they company says about their industry. (From their website Home)

The global soft drink and bottled water manufacturing industry is expected to produce revenue of $146.5 billion in 2008, with growth projected to continue at a rate of 4 percent, with the U.S. at its forefront, producing estimated revenue of $168.6 billion by 2012.

Purified drinking water is currently the leading global seller, with U.S. companies dominating the field. The U.S. is the largest consumer market for bottled water the world, followed by Mexico, China, and Brazil.

With the price floating between .0006 and .0008, I think this is a great time to pick up shares and hold until the end of the year, then reassess if they are really making progress as a company or not. I bought a couple million shares @ .0006. So my investment is $1200. That seems a cheap price for something that could return real gains if they turn the company around.

CONS: The huge number of Outstanding Shares (1.2 billion) and the dated information on their website. The quote above talks about the industry targets for 2008. What? In fact, their entire website needs some serious work. For a company that has real products, you'd think they could pay someone $10k to revamp the site.

PROS: Their products aren't sold just in U.S. They are global. They already have products that are selling (unlike biotech specs that are in trials or waiting on FDA approvals), but most importantly you can buy a few million shares for dirt cheap and sit on them for a year. I think that will make more money than trying to flip this for a 100% profit. Let it ride and let the company grow. They also have a new CEO that is working hard to turn the company around.

Just my input. I haven't been researching this company more than a few weeks. So I'm not an expert yet. But the fact that they are at least selling products, sponsoring races, etc. tell me they are real. That makes this a cheap buy in my book.
TheCommish is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:11 PM   Nav to Top  #4
jim.aasen
Trader

jim.aasen is a jewel in the roughjim.aasen is a jewel in the roughjim.aasen is a jewel in the rough

Been reading on some other boards that the DTC is restricting BBDA to settlement orders only...mostly Scottrade customers reporting this. Been trying to dig up info on this, but nothing is coming up. If you see something good, post it please.

Jim

Originally Posted by TheCommish View Post
Here is what they company says about their industry. (From their website Home)

With the price floating between .0006 and .0008, I think this is a great time to pick up shares and hold until the end of the year, then reassess if they are really making progress as a company or not. I bought a couple million shares @ .0006. So my investment is $1200. That seems a cheap price for something that could return real gains if they turn the company around.

CONS: The huge number of Outstanding Shares (1.2 billion) and the dated information on their website. The quote above talks about the industry targets for 2008. What? In fact, their entire website needs some serious work. For a company that has real products, you'd think they could pay someone $10k to revamp the site.

PROS: Their products aren't sold just in U.S. They are global. They already have products that are selling (unlike biotech specs that are in trials or waiting on FDA approvals), but most importantly you can buy a few million shares for dirt cheap and sit on them for a year. I think that will make more money than trying to flip this for a 100% profit. Let it ride and let the company grow. They also have a new CEO that is working hard to turn the company around.

Just my input. I haven't been researching this company more than a few weeks. So I'm not an expert yet. But the fact that they are at least selling products, sponsoring races, etc. tell me they are real. That makes this a cheap buy in my book.
jim.aasen is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:30 AM   Nav to Top  #5
relikwie
Junior Trader

Favorites: ctic c say
relikwie is on a distinguished road

Hi Jim,

what could this DTC restriction mean in comprehensive words?
Have read a scottrade user his broker description stated "due to unusual activiy"

Also, the CEO stated that he would be cleaning things up for pink sheets (provide data) and BBDA would be buying back stock. Mostly companies buying back stock, is because of minimizing float and good things on the horizon, right?

TIA.
relikwie is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
bbda.pk