Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Trend Spotting » Short Term Oil Prices

Old 05-28-2009, 02:29 PM   Nav to Top  #1
ToTheMoon
Junior Trader

ToTheMoon will become famous soon enoughToTheMoon will become famous soon enough
Default Short Term Oil Prices

Hey guys - I'm looking at taking some profits on my OPC but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger as the price of oil keeps rising. Where do you all see oil going over the next month or two? Are we in for a drop-off after this $10 jump in May? Or will the momentum continue for awhile?
ToTheMoon is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:24 PM   Nav to Top  #2
Kordoyn
UberTrader

Favorites: DOW TCK HEB
Kordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to tell. Opec wants oil to be around $70-75. I wouldn't be surprised if it hit that in july/aug. But as with many things these days, oil no longer trades on supply and demand functions, it's mostly a political game with a whole lot of speculation thrown in.
Kordoyn is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:39 PM   Nav to Top  #3
psgama
VIP Trader

Favorites: UUU, LULU, XRE
psgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I'm waiting for oil to hit $75 Then I'm going to sell out gains after OPEC makes their first announcement that they are going to begin to ramp up output.

Fairly safe bet that way, I just can't see oil taking another big dive, especially with the summer coming shortly.

I could be wrong though, lol.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:14 AM   Nav to Top  #4
Dognamedabu
UberTrader

Favorites: OPC, TSTR, ???
Dognamedabu has a brilliant futureDognamedabu has a brilliant futureDognamedabu has a brilliant futureDognamedabu has a brilliant futureDognamedabu has a brilliant futureDognamedabu has a brilliant futureDognamedabu has a brilliant futureDognamedabu has a brilliant futureDognamedabu has a brilliant futureDognamedabu has a brilliant futureDognamedabu has a brilliant future

From what I understand is that higher oil prices actually hurt opti somewhat. They have hedges at $70 and so when oil moves higher it also helps the cnd$ move higher which hurts their currency hedge.

Watch what Lattes does with the stock, he and AdamJ are the gurus on this one.
Dognamedabu is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:12 AM   Nav to Top  #5
mrdbldub
Senior Trader

Favorites: tsx
mrdbldub has a spectacular aura aboutmrdbldub has a spectacular aura about

If you live in Canada open a tax free savings account then buy an oil e.t.f. inside your t.f.s.a. and do not look at the price of oil until 2010 if the analysts are right oil should be trading in the $90.00 to $100.00 range then you will have a tidy sum saved up. Take out as much $$ as you want and you will still qualify to contribute another $5000.00 in 2010 plus put back the amount you took out, all tax free.
mrdbldub is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:26 PM   Nav to Top  #6
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

I agree with mrdb. Oil/gas is such a good play at these levels. Save your opc, and if anything start looking at beaten down oil sands stocks like BCF.TO.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:33 PM   Nav to Top  #7
Dommanick
Junior Trader

Favorites: appl vlo aa
Dommanick is on a distinguished road

I can't see oil price coming down to sharply with the summer season in affect. I am expecting a peak of $105 and by fall to slide to $101. considering global demand
Dommanick is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
OPC