Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » Traders Lounge » Penny stock investing..any winners care to share tips

Old 05-22-2009, 11:12 AM   Nav to Top  #1
coolTechno
Junior Trader

Favorites: lk
coolTechno is on a distinguished road
Default Penny stock investing..any winners care to share tips

penny stock investing seems like a good investment with high returns..... according to InvestingPennyStock.com value of penny stock can increase by several hundred percent overnight

any winners in penny stock investing care to share tips
coolTechno is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:14 AM   Nav to Top  #2
Kordoyn
UberTrader

Favorites: DOW TCK HEB
Kordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond repute

Tip number 1

Anything that can go up a few thousand percent, can also come crashing down much faster.
Kordoyn is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:21 AM   Nav to Top  #3
inspirational
UberTrader

Favorites: AQP.L FML.L GGG.L
inspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to inspirational

The key is to spread your risk and don't get greedy, sell when you are in profit and don't hold on so long that you sell when a share has begun to fall back from any rapid gains. Not easy to do though!

Always only invest money you can afford to lose as well, especially in penny shares!

Trants method of free shares is also very useful here, if you get to 100% profit in a stock, sell half the shares to recoup your initial outlay and then just ride those "free" shares and use the capital to expand your portfolio.

Good luck and share your knowledge here.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:21 AM   Nav to Top  #4
coolTechno
Junior Trader

Originally Posted by Kordoyn View Post
Tip number 1

Anything that can go up a few thousand percent, can also come crashing down much faster.
yep i agree with you.. its a bit of a risk investing in these companies as they might collapse at any time
Old 05-22-2009, 09:30 PM   Nav to Top  #5
rfaust09
With all due respect

rfaust09 is a glorious beacon of lightrfaust09 is a glorious beacon of lightrfaust09 is a glorious beacon of lightrfaust09 is a glorious beacon of lightrfaust09 is a glorious beacon of lightrfaust09 is a glorious beacon of light

Penny stocks are fun to me. Being a novice its kinda like playing a game with just a little bit of money. I may throw a few hundred or a thousand bucks at one, get 100000 shares, let it ride(hopefully northbound) and dump em for a small profit. Ctic was my first one, got in at .40 and am still in. I do think you have a lot to lose but like inspirational said you can lose the money as fast as you make it. ie BK
rfaust09 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:24 PM   Nav to Top  #6
coolTechno
Junior Trader

inspirationals idea of selling half in 100% profit senario seems good... im gonna try it out with bit of a adjustment (drawing some profit for my expenses )
Old 05-25-2009, 01:34 PM   Nav to Top  #7
vsawri
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS AZ HUN KV.A
vsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to vsawri Send a message via Yahoo to vsawri

here's my take on penny stocks CoolTechno:

penny stocks are always around. even in normal markets you can play penny stocks. now, this here is a once in a life time opportune market where a very significant number of well established entities, market leaders we call them, have been liquidated to the level of crap (the penny stock levels). so, why play with crap when you can play with well established entities that have been liquidated to the crap level? that's my thought anyways. this is what i've been telling some of my closest friends who keep pestering me about getting into penny stocks with significant chunks of their portfolio. lol.

now its healthy to have a couple of spec plays and penny plays, maybe like 5-10% of your portfolio, but playing in 100% penny stocks in this market is silly in my opinion. when you're messing with % gains, doesn't matter if its a penny stock or a 1$-5$ stock, a 100%+ gain is a 100%+ gain. and well established entities liquidated to the level of trash will always have the better chance of 100%+ gains vs trash. & i think its pretty rare for trash to turn gold.

Originally Posted by coolTechno View Post
penny stock investing seems like a good investment with high returns..... according to InvestingPennyStock.com value of penny stock can increase by several hundred percent overnight

any winners in penny stock investing care to share tips
vsawri is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:46 PM   Nav to Top  #8
AdamJ
UberTrader

Favorites: OPC WTN GCE IAE QEC ITX
AdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant future

Have to agree with Sawri on this one. Even some more risky juniors at these levels beat any basic penny stock.

My only other piece of advice is to stay clear of any website with the term "penny stock" in it, unless of course you're tipping them off to a stock you all ready own. By the time a stock gets to most of these sites it usually has set sale.
AdamJ is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:10 AM   Nav to Top  #9
BuffaloBull
VIP Trader

Favorites: SPNG
BuffaloBull is a splendid one to beholdBuffaloBull is a splendid one to beholdBuffaloBull is a splendid one to beholdBuffaloBull is a splendid one to beholdBuffaloBull is a splendid one to beholdBuffaloBull is a splendid one to beholdBuffaloBull is a splendid one to behold
Default PENNYS

I have found though when pumpers are successful in skyrocketing the stock, it will usually come down to subpar levels. If you can pick up the stock then there seems to be a high chance of making some money. I'm currently evaluating this strategy however, I will get back to you on it. I am subscribed to hotoc.com, they send out emails for stocks to buy, they are usually good at pumping and dumping. Don't buy when they say too, sometimes it works but sometimes its down big. Never be a follower of masses. IF you want to see an alert that went sour just look at PAPA. It was one of their big picks and it went from 1.24 to .29 in less than a month. Also I strongly suggest staying away from low volume penny stocks. If you got the money though 2 thousand or more. I would invest in downed big companies like Vsawri said. But if you only have a couple hundred bucks you may want to play around in the penny's. It's up to you. JUST REMEMBER TO SET YOUR STOP LOSSES. The key to success in pennys is timing and not getting greedy. Don't ever get into the mentality that if I don't buy right now I will loose out forever. I've lost a lot because of that. Never buy a penny in the morning, wait at least til 10:00am eastern time. I suggest SPNG if you want to make some money, wait until it stabilizes and buy on a down day. It will likely be at .20 in around a year. But if you play the swings you can make even more.
BuffaloBull is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:29 AM   Nav to Top  #10
inspirational
UberTrader

Favorites: AQP.L FML.L GGG.L
inspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to inspirational

Originally Posted by coolTechno View Post
inspirationals idea of selling half in 100% profit senario seems good... im gonna try it out with bit of a adjustment (drawing some profit for my expenses )
It's not my idea, I stole it off of Trants.