Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » Traders Lounge » Placing and order and transferring shares (by a broker)

Old 10-15-2018, 02:58 AM   Nav to Top  #1
dominover
Junior Trader

Favorites: JBH,BHP,WOW
dominover is on a distinguished road
Default Placing and order and transferring shares (by a broker)

Would anyone be able to explain this to me.
If I place an order to buy 10,000 shares of Company ABC with my broker, my broker
will then go out and purchase those shares for me (intricacies aside, yes I know there's more to it).

What happens after the broker buys all those shares and needs to transfer ownership to me? My understanding is that he short sells them directly to me (into my account), is this correct? If so, how does this work?

Thanks
dominover is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote