Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » Traders Lounge » DID MY BROKER RIP ME OFF

Old 05-29-2009, 03:36 PM   Nav to Top  #1
suhel
VIP Trader

suhel is a name known to allsuhel is a name known to allsuhel is a name known to allsuhel is a name known to allsuhel is a name known to allsuhel is a name known to all
Default DID MY BROKER RIP ME OFF

I BOUGHT SOME HEB FROM SELF TRADE,

HE PUT ME ON HOLD, GOT BACK AFTER 5 MINS

THEN THEY OFFERED ME PRICE AT 1.75

TOLD HIM CURRENTLY AT 1.65, WHY THIS HIGH

HE SAID ITS A MID PRICE

STILL ENDED UP BUYING, BUT DID THEY RIP ME OFF
suhel is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:49 PM   Nav to Top  #2
vsawri
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS AZ HUN KV.A
vsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to vsawri Send a message via Yahoo to vsawri

why would you buy it from them at 1.75 if the ticker is ticking away around 1.65?

Originally Posted by suhel View Post
I BOUGHT SOME HEB FROM SELF TRADE,

HE PUT ME ON HOLD, GOT BACK AFTER 5 MINS

THEN THEY OFFERED ME PRICE AT 1.75

TOLD HIM CURRENTLY AT 1.65, WHY THIS HIGH

HE SAID ITS A MID PRICE

STILL ENDED UP BUYING, BUT DID THEY RIP ME OFF
vsawri is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:54 PM   Nav to Top  #3
Mac
UberTrader

Mac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like your broker is playing the spreads, and ripped you off for 0.10 per share....that sucks. (unless they have some fee that you're not aware of..) sorry to hear that.

I'd file a complaint with the SEC (or UK equivalent).

p.s. remember, it can always go lower, unless it's already at zero.
Mac is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:48 PM   Nav to Top  #4
suhel
VIP Trader

suhel is a name known to allsuhel is a name known to allsuhel is a name known to allsuhel is a name known to allsuhel is a name known to allsuhel is a name known to all

NO CHOICE ONLY BROKER I AM USING, LAST WEEK I RECKON HE DID THE SAME
PRICE WENT ALL THE WAY DOWN TO 1.11WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE TO BUY MORE SHARES ASKED HIM TO GIVE ME THAT PRICE, THEN GOT TO 1.23 THIS PRICE WAS STABLE ON 1.23 HE STILL GAVE ME ASKING PRICE 1.35, BOUGHT 3000K

AGAIN RIPPED ME OFF

HOW DO YOU COMPLAIN TO SEC

THESE GUYS ARE SELFTRADE
suhel is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:55 PM   Nav to Top  #5
vsawri
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS AZ HUN KV.A
vsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to vsawri Send a message via Yahoo to vsawri

:-( there's no other online brokerages available to you ? should just use something on the top 5 list. i'd get rid of broker fast if they started messen with me like that...

Originally Posted by suhel View Post
NO CHOICE ONLY BROKER I AM USING, LAST WEEK I RECKON HE DID THE SAME
PRICE WENT ALL THE WAY DOWN TO 1.11WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE TO BUY MORE SHARES ASKED HIM TO GIVE ME THAT PRICE, THEN GOT TO 1.23 THIS PRICE WAS STABLE ON 1.23 HE STILL GAVE ME ASKING PRICE 1.35, BOUGHT 3000K

AGAIN RIPPED ME OFF

HOW DO YOU COMPLAIN TO SEC

THESE GUYS ARE SELFTRADE
vsawri is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:56 PM   Nav to Top  #6
fherrada
UberTrader

Favorites: CNFO, CTIC, CAST
fherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to fherrada

No TDAmeritrade in the UK?? If not this is too bad cause they have not gaven me any problems, i actually get a better price sometimes!!
Old 05-30-2009, 09:06 AM   Nav to Top  #7
VicVan
UberTrader

Favorites: ANTO, GE, XL
VicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

HEB has a very wide spread. Like GGG - price shows 3, but sell price is 2.75 and buy price is 3.25. Massive massive spread. You buy in at 3.25 and automatically make a 0.5 LOSS....

Check the bid and ask price. Charts / live pricing always show the mid price. He still MAY be ripping you off though, simply but allocating other buys in before you, hence price moves up during that phone call, or he holds it at an slightly older price)
Always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Top investors follow themselves, sheep get slaughtered. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion / prompt for you to make up your own mind. No liability will be accepted. Its not a professional view, its a suggestion. Shares go up and down. Always spread your investments, always set your stops both up and down. If shorting or Futures investing, know what your doing. You cant beat the sharks, but you can swim on their back. Trade lucky.
VicVan is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:55 AM   Nav to Top  #8
jacovsamuel
Trader

jacovsamuel is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by VicVan View Post
Hi

HEB has a very wide spread. Like GGG - price shows 3, but sell price is 2.75 and buy price is 3.25. Massive massive spread. You buy in at 3.25 and automatically make a 0.5 LOSS....

Check the bid and ask price. Charts / live pricing always show the mid price. He still MAY be ripping you off though, simply but allocating other buys in before you, hence price moves up during that phone call, or he holds it at an slightly older price)
A very Nice Post.......
jacovsamuel is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote