Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Technical Stuff » QuoteTracker Review & Setup Guide

Old 05-10-2009, 06:11 AM   Nav to Top  #21
rohan
...:::VIP Trader:::...

Favorites: LVS, XL, HEB :-)
rohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SK_ View Post
Chuck, you using TD? I'm looking at opening multiple accounts because I'm no where near 25k and am going in and out of trades too often.

If I use you as my referral, do you get any bennies? And last but not least, "WHAT" kind of trouble are you experiencing?

...would like to know the good, bad, and ugly before I sign up!

p.s. AH??? After hours??? pls explain.
https://www.zecco.com/Marketing/Zecc...ends.zecco.com
Yes he would get some benefits - cash deposited in his account if you said he referred you.

AH = after hours, after 4pm. As far as my troubles went, I would get logged out of their system completely - so couldn't execute any trades.

No experience with TD yet, except I use them to stream quotes and charts.
rohan is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:01 PM   Nav to Top  #22
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute

SK, yes I use both Zecco and TD, TD has great tools, level 2 etc. But I dont think they offer

any kind of referral. We will have links up on the site soon where the site will make a little.

Zecco DOES pay 75 per referral. After hours trading is very similar to reg hours. TD allows

this from 8 AM to 8 PM EST the volume is much lower and there are risks. This link lists the

risks involved. As far as trouble I have experienced, sometimes at the opening and closing

both have been slow. (heavy traffic I assume) If you are trading with limited funds The fees

with Zecco are less than half of TD'S I saved around $400 last month by using Zecco for

some trades compared to what I would have paid TD for the same transactions. ( not even

counting the 10 free trades) Let me know if you have more questions.

After-Hours Trading: Understanding the Risks

friends.zecco.com - 15
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:36 AM   Nav to Top  #23
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

For any QuoteTracker users out there, I put up an article today on adding an indicator for TTM Squeeze in QuoteTracker. I find this to be a pretty handy break out indicator for day/swing trading.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:55 PM   Nav to Top  #24
victoria
VIP Trader

Favorites: xl aks ge
victoria is a splendid one to beholdvictoria is a splendid one to beholdvictoria is a splendid one to beholdvictoria is a splendid one to beholdvictoria is a splendid one to beholdvictoria is a splendid one to beholdvictoria is a splendid one to behold
Did I help?

I tried setting this up-looks awesome, but doesn't work with Scottrade unless you are a broker (from what I can see), or subscribe to the Elite version (maybe)...
Doesn't work with my regular account
Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 AM   Nav to Top  #25
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?

Originally Posted by victoria View Post
I tried setting this up-looks awesome, but doesn't work with Scottrade unless you are a broker (from what I can see), or subscribe to the Elite version (maybe)...
Doesn't work with my regular account
Right, and it's a shame too because its a great charting platform. Here is a list of data feeds it works with: QuoteTracker Feeds List. Ameritrade users gain access to the registered app, but sadly a lot of popular brokers are not supported.

Note that etrade (now Scotia iTrade) does work with QuoteTracker even though it is not in the list. I spoke with the developers and they told me that most brokers are not friendly when it comes to 3rd party charting application developers. Which makes sense I guess because they want their users to stick to their platforms...but it's a shame IMO.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.

Last edited by Miles; 08-01-2009 at 05:31 AM..
Old 08-09-2009, 02:39 AM   Nav to Top  #26
darkdude
Junior Trader

darkdude is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Right, and it's a shame too because its a great charting platform. Here is a list of data feeds it works with: QuoteTracker Feeds List. Ameritrade users gain access to the registered app, but sadly a lot of popular brokers are not supported.

Note that etrade (now Scotia iTrade) does work with QuoteTracker even though it is not in the list. I spoke with the developers and they told me that most brokers are not friendly when it comes to 3rd party charting application developers. Which makes sense I guess because they want their users to stick to their platforms...but it's a shame IMO.
Do you happen to know how to set it up with iTrade? Thanks =)
darkdude is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:28 PM   Nav to Top  #27
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Did I help?

Yep Scotia iTrade does work for me. See the first post in this thread or to setup your data feeds go to: Options > Data Sources/Proxy Settings

Choose: eTrade as the provider and enter your username/password. However, I could not get any charts on Canadian equities, only US. An email to the QT guys confirmed this to be the case, so please let me know if anyone knows if this has changed.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:51 AM   Nav to Top  #28
darkdude
Junior Trader

darkdude is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Yep Scotia iTrade does work for me. See the first post in this thread or to setup your data feeds go to: Options > Data Sources/Proxy Settings

Choose: eTrade as the provider and enter your username/password. However, I could not get any charts on Canadian equities, only US. An email to the QT guys confirmed this to be the case, so please let me know if anyone knows if this has changed.
Thanks. I just tried it. It does indeed only work for US.
darkdude is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:30 AM   Nav to Top  #29
BubbleGumPlant
Trader

Favorites: NRI SRSR
BubbleGumPlant will become famous soon enoughBubbleGumPlant will become famous soon enough

So for all you Canucks out there, do you all use Scotia iTrade to be able to use QuoteTracker? Any other brokers for Canadian accounts other than IB? I currently have an account with Questrade for their TFTA and CIBC Investor Edge for their $395 for 50 trades package, and am considering opening up another account just to use QuoteTracker.

Currently I'm using StockCharts but I find it lacking. I have been referred to eSignal by many but I want to weigh my options before subscribing to a monthly fee.

"Emotion is nothing, Patience is everything"
BubbleGumPlant is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 AM   Nav to Top  #30
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Did I help?

Hey BGP...

I use QT with the ScotiaiTrade feed. The downside is no support for Canadian equities. The symbols don't seem to work in QT and I've read that there is no solution for that yet, but I could be wrong. Give it a shot, I think you'll see for charting it's really sweet.

Tags
QuoteTracker