Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Technical Stuff » QuoteTracker Review & Setup Guide

Old 05-01-2009, 02:21 PM   Nav to Top  #11
DanB
UberTrader

DanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AKrider View Post
I installed quote tracker and they asked me for my username and password to E Trade... I do not feel comfortable with givign that information for obvious reasons. Is there a way to avoid this?
Have a loo here QuoteTracker

Depending on what you want it looks like you can create a free account with a service provider and then use the QuoteTracker... Ie if you in the UK use MoneyAM
Old 05-01-2009, 02:27 PM   Nav to Top  #12
AKrider
VIP Trader

Favorites: SD, BCF, BIPH
AKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant future

Thanks
AKrider is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:34 AM   Nav to Top  #13
ghoshdd
VIP Trader

ghoshdd is a name known to allghoshdd is a name known to allghoshdd is a name known to allghoshdd is a name known to allghoshdd is a name known to allghoshdd is a name known to all
Arrow

Can anyone please tell me which tool in ameritrade will provide minute by minute daily historical chart/data for last1 to 6 months period? I need everyday's minute by minute daily chart for last 6 months..Is quote tracker providing it?
ghoshdd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:02 AM   Nav to Top  #14
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

Yes QT will provide this. Historical data (tick by tick) goes back 6 months.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 PM   Nav to Top  #15
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

I installed quote tracker and they asked me for my username and password to E Trade... I do not feel comfortable with givign that information for obvious reasons. Is there a way to avoid this?
No, but I don't know why this would bother you as the data is being router directly to your broker to authorize you to use their feed. QT is very reputable so I wouldn't worry about them erroneously mining your user data.

Also QT works with more than just the brokers listed in post #8 above as you will see when you setup the datafeed in the progam itself. I am using eTrade who they do not officially support, yet it works fine. The problem is a lot of brokers do not want people using software other than they provide for charting.

Anyways I will be buying access to a better datafeed with Level II access sometime next week. I am finding eTrade's feed a bit lacking when tracking Canadian equities. I will update this thread as to my success.

Again, if you guys aren't using a tick by tick charting app like QuoteTracker, you really should be.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:02 PM   Nav to Top  #16
jamesson
VIP Trader

Favorites: AAPL,RIMM,SLB
jamesson is a splendid one to beholdjamesson is a splendid one to beholdjamesson is a splendid one to beholdjamesson is a splendid one to beholdjamesson is a splendid one to beholdjamesson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
Miles, thanks for the info on Quotetracker.

I don't personally use it, but there was one feature that I was very interested in. Quotetracker has an API meaning you can write software to integrate to it (consume stock prices or even place orders via your broker). Ameritrade also has an API but Quotetracker will let you access this feature even if you're not an Ameritrade customer.

So what does this mean? Well I'm a software engineer by trade and I've considered writing some software that runs continually on my computer and home, searching the markets for certain setups / conditions on stocks. For instance, it could be reversal candlestick patterns, or certain indicator combinations. Then the software if it finds a decent signal would email me the signal to buy or sell. Any software that I write would require a data feed so it could get its real-time market data. This could be achieved through Quotetracker's API.

Anyway this idea is a long way off becoming a reality, but just in case any of you are handy with software it might be of interest to you.
Hey Andy, surprisingly enough I've been pondering doing the same thing.
I've been coding for years (C, Java, recently web) Not to the extent as what Miles has done on this site. Site is great by the way.
So pm me Andy and we can brainstorm. I haven't looked too hard into it but there must be a way to get daily ticker info.
Cheers
J
jamesson is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:40 PM   Nav to Top  #17
rohan
...:::VIP Trader:::...

Favorites: LVS, XL, HEB :-)
rohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DanB View Post
looks like just these are listed:

TD AMERITRADE
optionsXpress
MB Trading
Interactive Brokers
OC Securities
EFX Group
Lowtrades
RML Trading
TradeFreedom
ChoiceTrade
myTrack

P.S. How do you rate Zecco?

Zecco is pretty bare-bones. They have been going down hill recently. First they reduced number of free trades, then increased equity required to get the 10 free trades per month from 2.5 K to 25K.

I have also been having some trouble during open and close of market, probably due to high volume. They "compensated" me with 3 free trades each time. Compare that to 100+ dollars lost on a trade I wanted to make each time. lol

If you want a basic service, try sogotrade - 3 bucks a trade. I'm still with Zecco though. Been considering TD for a while now. Oh, neither Zecco nor Sogo have pre-market or AH.
rohan is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:41 PM   Nav to Top  #18
rohan
...:::VIP Trader:::...

Favorites: LVS, XL, HEB :-)
rohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to allrohan is a name known to all

Oh, and thanks for suggesting QuoteTracker Miles- its pretty neat.
rohan is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:16 AM   Nav to Top  #19
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute

Zecco just put out a poll asking what feature the users would most like to see added

so far AH trading is in the lead. I use TD and Zecco, and I have experienced problems

with both sites recently.
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:09 AM   Nav to Top  #20
SK_
UberTrader

SK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default TD Ameritrade...

Chuck, you using TD? I'm looking at opening multiple accounts because I'm no where near 25k and am going in and out of trades too often.

If I use you as my referral, do you get any bennies? And last but not least, "WHAT" kind of trouble are you experiencing?

...would like to know the good, bad, and ugly before I sign up!

p.s. AH??? After hours??? pls explain.
SK_ is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
QuoteTracker