Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Technical Stuff » Free SkyGrid Realtime News Beta Signup (not open to general public quite yet)

Old 09-02-2009, 07:18 PM   Nav to Top  #1
andre3k1
Senior Trader

andre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the rough
Arrow Free SkyGrid Realtime News Beta Signup (not open to general public quite yet)

SkyGrid is a realtime news service that actively competes with Bloomberg. Best part about it is that their former $500/month service is now being offered for free to a limited number of users.

The Beta Registration is not quite yet available publicly, but if you are interested below is a direct link. Not sure how long it will last for. I switched over to SkyGrid last week for most of my news and would suggest you give it a shot. Their website is great in the way it organizes news stories (green for good, red for bad, silver for general news).

SkyGrid Registration
andre3k1 is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:11 PM   Nav to Top  #2
optimistic1
Junior Trader

Favorites: star, ctic, lvs
optimistic1 is on a distinguished road

pretty neat site. How long do you think the beta will last until they start charging?
optimistic1 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:26 PM   Nav to Top  #3
andre3k1
Senior Trader

andre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by optimistic1 View Post
pretty neat site. How long do you think the beta will last until they start charging?
They already have their "for pay" service. They are trying to launch a low-cost/free alternative. Either way, as a beta tester I believe we will be grandfathered in and it will be free for us even if they start charging $5/month.

Not a lot of information is available on their site, this is simply what I have heard from the Twitter crowd (read: not a trustworthy source). Either way, the site is great and I love it!
andre3k1 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:15 AM   Nav to Top  #4
Saintjames
UberTrader

Favorites: TSE:COS | TSE:CPG | TSE:LRE
Saintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud of
Did I help?

Just signed up and added much of my portfolio and I also really like it

Attached a screen-shot so some of you can get an idea what this platform is. The entire site is designed in Adobe Flash 10, and it is very well done. Here's hoping it stays free (ad supported).

Good find Andre - thumbs up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skygrid.jpg (235.1 KB, 5 views)
Saintjames is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote