Trade stocks? Then you need Equityfeed
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Technical Stuff » TTM Squeeze for QuoteTracker

Old 06-04-2009, 11:59 AM   Nav to Top  #1
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles
Default TTM Squeeze for QuoteTracker

Update: Feb 10, 2013: QuoteTracker's integrated trading now works solely with TD Ameritrade. Trade free for 60 days + Get up to $600 with TD Ameritrade.

I find the TTM squeeze indicator essential for day trading. If you aren't already using QT (an excellent free charting app for Windows) you might want to check out my QuoteTracker Setup Guide, as I want to focus how to set this up as a custom indicator in Medved's QuoteTracker.

What is the TTM Squeeze Indicator

The TTM Squeeze is a commercial indicator from John Carter's tradethemarkets.com and retails for nearly $500. Near as I can tell it was gathered from free sources on the internet, rebranded and charged money for. So in this article I am going to show you how to add it into QuoteTracker for free. A great video on how it works can be found here or read the following...

Via momentum-trader.com:

When Bollinger Bands and the Keltner Channel are narrow, it indicates a period of rest or consolidation. Usually, the Keltner Channel lies within the Bollinger Bands, but when the Bollinger Bands are within the Keltner Channel, it indicates a period of extreme consolidation. When the Bollinger Bands breakout of the Keltner Channel, it usually signals a powerful move is about to take place. The direction of the move depends on the direction of the Momentum Oscillator. If the Momentum Oscillator is above zero, then the breakout is a long signal. If the Oscillator is below zero, then it’s a short signal. It’s that easy.

Setup TTM Squeeze in QuoteTracker

1. Goto Charts > Chart Paintbar Editor.

2. Click on Add New and name your new Paintbar, TTM Squeeze. Add the following lines of code in two separate rules:
  • if (Bollinger Bands(20,2).Upper-Keltner Bands(20,1.5).Upper)<=0 set color to Red
  • if (Bollinger Bands(20,2).Upper-Keltner Bands(20,1.5).Upper)>0 set color to Green

3. Be sure to click Save the Paintbar then go ahead and close the editor.

4. Okay now that the paintbar is created go ahead and right-click on any ticker from your list and choose Select Indicators.

5. Add Paintbar - Bottom to the Lower Available Indicators pane. Click on Edit and in the window that pops up:

From the dropdown choose: TTM Squeeze.
Change the Show On parameter to Shape Band - Zero Line.
Choose Foregnd, Thick = 6.
Set Shape to circle.

When finished, click ok.

6. Again in the Lower Available Indicators pane choose Momentum Oscillator. Click Edit on this and change the settings to 12,34. Now make sure to link the Paintbar (TTM Squeeze) and Momentum Oscillator (12,34) by clicking in between the two dots to the left of these indicators. A line should appear indicating they are linked.

7. If you like you can hide Bollinger Bands and Keltner Bands from the top pane by clicking Edit and choosing Hide Indicator for each of them.

8. Click ok, and your chart should now look something like the following.

That should be it. Let me know if you have any success/failures setting this up and using it. If I can help, I will. Would also love to hear what you guys think of this breakout indicator, as well as get some other custom QuoteTracker material here for others to use.

Hat tip to Boogster.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.

Last edited by Miles; 02-10-2013 at 03:00 PM..
Miles is offline   4 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:49 PM   Nav to Top  #2
Saintjames
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS | VMW | GM
Saintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud of
Did I help?

Just wanted to say I tested this out and it worked very well here!
Saintjames is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:36 PM   Nav to Top  #3
fherrada
UberTrader

Favorites: CNFO, CTIC, CAST
fherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to fherrada

Thanks Miles, I love it and will sure use it from now on!

Last edited by Miles; 06-04-2009 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: typo
fherrada is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:41 AM   Nav to Top  #4
pisssed
VIP Trader

Favorites: BAC HEB F SIRI
pisssed is a splendid one to beholdpisssed is a splendid one to beholdpisssed is a splendid one to beholdpisssed is a splendid one to beholdpisssed is a splendid one to beholdpisssed is a splendid one to beholdpisssed is a splendid one to behold

Miles thats a sweet find! I will def do some test runs.
pisssed is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:41 AM   Nav to Top  #5
Trader123
Junior Trader

Trader123 is on a distinguished road
Default Does anyone know how to do this in TradeStation

Does anyone know how to do this in TradeStation???
Trader123 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:44 AM   Nav to Top  #6
Trader123
Junior Trader

Trader123 is on a distinguished road

Also, in the Squeeze, there are dots on the histogram line which show when it starts. Does your's do that?? Does not seem to appear on the screen shots here?

If not, does anyone know how to do that?? Again, I am interested in a Tradestation solution...
Trader123 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:40 PM   Nav to Top  #7
Longshot
Trader

Favorites: ICO, CMED, USG
Longshot has a spectacular aura aboutLongshot has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Trader123 View Post
Also, in the Squeeze, there are dots on the histogram line which show when it starts. Does your's do that?? Does not seem to appear on the screen shots here?

If not, does anyone know how to do that?? Again, I am interested in a Tradestation solution...
I think you're referring to the Parabolic, but I don't know how that would fit in here..
Longshot is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:46 AM   Nav to Top  #8
mikey666
Junior Trader

Favorites: dto, faz, uso
mikey666 is on a distinguished road

I am interested in purchasing Custom Indicators for the Quotetracker.com platform

If anything available, please send me an e-mail with description and cost. Thanks!
mikey666 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
QuoteTracker, TTM Squeeze