Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » StockRants Announcements » Live IRC Stocks Chat

Old 05-13-2009, 04:44 AM   Nav to Top  #1
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles
Arrow Live IRC Stocks Chat

Note: If you already have an IRC client installed see below for the server details or simply click this link: irc://irc.stockrants.com/stockrants.

Also: If you are too lazy too install an IRC client we have a nicely integrated web client here on our live stock chat page.

We now have a dedicated IRC (Internet Relay Chat) server featuring real time stock quotes and other goodies. IRC is an incredibly robust and secure real time chat medium which includes private messages, file transfers, and pretty much anything else you could imagine. It's very easy and free to use, so you should be up and chatting with real investors in no time.

How do I Login?

Okay logging into IRC is very simple. All you need is an IRC client program to interface with our server. The IRC client is very lightweight and they are mostly free and contain no lame adware.

PC Users: mIRC.
Mac: Colloquay or X-Chat.
iPhone: Colloquay (Apps Store)

Once you download and install a client you will just need to connect to our server. The screenshots below are for mIRC but most clients will be very similar to this.

After it is installed, run mIRC. You will get a popup saying
it is an unregistered version. Just click anywhere on the box to remove it.

When you run mIRC you should see the screen below:

Click Add and a box will popup allowing you to add our server details:

Description: StockRants IRC
IRC Server: irc.stockrants.com
Port: 6667
Group: Stocks
Note: there is no need to enter any info in the password box.

After you have done that click on the Add button.

You should now be back at the same screen as image 1 above but now in the
IRC servers it will say Stocks, irc.stockrants.com. Click 'Connect to IRC Server'.

Once connected you can type the following into the console window to join our channel:

Code:
/join #stockrants
That's pretty much it!

I will be testing this out today with the staff, please stop in and say hello!
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.

Last edited by Miles; 12-03-2010 at 07:31 AM..
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:02 AM   Nav to Top  #2
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?

Stock quotes are now working. Type: @gstock GOOG

Stock news is working. Type: @news GOOG
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.

Last edited by Miles; 09-19-2010 at 03:30 AM..
Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 AM   Nav to Top  #3
VicVan
UberTrader

Favorites: ANTO, GE, XL
VicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond repute

wow nice mate
Always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Top investors follow themselves, sheep get slaughtered. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion / prompt for you to make up your own mind. No liability will be accepted. Its not a professional view, its a suggestion. Shares go up and down. Always spread your investments, always set your stops both up and down. If shorting or Futures investing, know what your doing. You cant beat the sharks, but you can swim on their back. Trade lucky.
VicVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:45 PM   Nav to Top  #4
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Did I help?

Moved this thread so VIPs can see it.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:12 PM   Nav to Top  #5
AKrider
VIP Trader

Favorites: SD, BCF, BIPH
AKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant future

Looks awsome, wont be able to use untill may 30th as I am using someone elses computer. Cant wait to try it out though!

Fortune favors the brave.
AKrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM   Nav to Top  #6
Jon
VIP Trader

Favorites: gnw xl lvs
Jon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Jon

i can't install any programs on my work computer.. anything around this?
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:23 PM   Nav to Top  #7
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Did I help?

Edited the first post.

If you are too lazy too install an IRC client you could check out Mibbit.com - Easy and fast Webchat and use the server details below to connect.

Server: irc.stockrants.com
Channel: #stockrants
Old 05-15-2009, 09:10 PM   Nav to Top  #8
SK_
UberTrader

SK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! nice reply Miles !!

I look forward to using this in the future. Thanks again for all your hard work - I can only imagine who much it would cost to pay someone w/your skills to create a site like this on contract!!!
SK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:28 AM   Nav to Top  #9
Daytrader
Junior Trader

Favorites: SPX TAN SHRE
Daytrader is on a distinguished road

yeh nice ideal to have a irc channel, i been useing mirc for like 10 years now mainly for gaming, maybe we could offer some rep points for people that join the channel ;)
Daytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:52 PM   Nav to Top  #10
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Did I help?

Just a heads up that we launched the stock chat page today. Thanks to Gazd, ychamb, pat and others for their help in there. If you had problems connecting to our live chat before you should give the new page a look.

Last edited by Miles; 12-03-2010 at 07:32 AM..