Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » StockRants Announcements » Feature: Inline Stock Quotes

Old 05-10-2009, 08:09 AM   Nav to Top  #11
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

Okay our Popop stock quotes now work for ALL international markets including of course the UK. Updated the first post with this:
  • FIXED: UK / Asian / Markets graphs are not working as far as I can tell, but the rest of the data comes in (price, volume etc). This is Yahoo Finances' fault but YES I know we have many traders from the UK so this should be fixed soon.
    NOTE: These now work, EX: AFR.L
  • FIXED: Popups now change where they pop to avoid breaking the viewport of the browser with scrollbars.
Also changed Volume to read a bit easier: 1 million rather than 1000000.

I noticed people are having trouble using these, so I will repeat this that you must use the Yahoo Finance ticker for these to work. Google Finance formatted tickers will NOT work. Quickly search Yahoo Finance if you do not know the ticker.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:00 PM   Nav to Top  #12
inspirational
UberTrader

Favorites: AQP.L FML.L GGG.L
inspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to inspirational

I suppose you know already but the graphs don't show up in Google Chrome, but as it's in beta then that's not really your problem.

Just in case anyone wonders why they can't see the graphs properly and they're using Chrome.
inspirational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:41 PM   Nav to Top  #13
JonW
Rocket Man

Favorites: PNA.AX, AFR.L, CTIC, XKEMQ
JonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Yeah basically you will be able to use any North American stock or any world index and get a full chart etc. Most of the other exchanges have a different way to link to the chart image, so we are still working on that, but the rest of the data comes through. Anyways I wanted to get you guys using this but I will post an update once we have the issue with the charts not showing for foreign exchanges asap.
Miles,

Seriously brilliant work - can't wait for the rest of the world stocks to link too!!

Thanks,
JonW
"Everything happens for a reason. There is no such thing as coincidence. Listen lots and talk a little and you will eventually figure out the reasons for most things. This should tell you all you need to know about when to buy and when to sell. Always remember, though, that money is just money and true wealth lies in contentment."
JonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:46 PM   Nav to Top  #14
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?

See 2 posts up, they all work now. Popups should work for all international stocks and indexes. Here is one from HK: 2357.HK

You guys should start using these in your stock tips related posts and elsewhere you mention tickers for maximum effect. Please read the first post in this thread for info on how to do so.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:55 PM   Nav to Top  #15
JonW
Rocket Man

JonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond repute

Miles,

Check my latest post on OZL OZ Minerals under VIP stock picks - ASX:OZL popping up but no info - am I doing something wrong?

JonW
"Everything happens for a reason. There is no such thing as coincidence. Listen lots and talk a little and you will eventually figure out the reasons for most things. This should tell you all you need to know about when to buy and when to sell. Always remember, though, that money is just money and true wealth lies in contentment."
Old 05-10-2009, 05:19 PM   Nav to Top  #16
AdamJ
UberTrader

Favorites: OPC WTN GCE IAE QEC ITX
AdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JonW View Post
Miles,

Check my latest post on OZL OZ Minerals under VIP stock picks - ASX:OZL popping up but no info - am I doing something wrong?

JonW
You need to post it with the AX added on like this: OZL.AX
AdamJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:27 PM   Nav to Top  #17
JonW
Rocket Man

Cheers Adam, guess that's the Yahoo format Miles already told us about!!

Computer lightweight, that's me!!

Thanks for your help,
JonW
Old 05-10-2009, 07:40 PM   Nav to Top  #18
Kiran
Junior Trader

Favorites: PCX BTU KWK
Kiran has a spectacular aura aboutKiran has a spectacular aura aboutKiran has a spectacular aura about

Awesome job, this website really is totally pro!
Kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:07 PM   Nav to Top  #19
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Did I help?

Originally Posted by inspirational View Post
I suppose you know already but the graphs don't show up in Google Chrome, but as it's in beta then that's not really your problem.

Just in case anyone wonders why they can't see the graphs properly and they're using Chrome.
I am in Chrome now and they are working. They should work in all browsers even IE6.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:39 AM   Nav to Top  #20
inspirational
UberTrader

Favorites: AQP.L FML.L GGG.L
inspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to inspirational

Good work!
inspirational is offline   Reply With Quote