Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » StockRants Announcements » New Members: Reputation Bonuses

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 03:34 PM   Nav to Top  #11
6tp
VIP Trader

6tp is a splendid one to behold6tp is a splendid one to behold6tp is a splendid one to behold6tp is a splendid one to behold6tp is a splendid one to behold6tp is a splendid one to behold6tp is a splendid one to behold
Default Introduction

Hello,

Feel we will see some pull back from this rally. Looking at SRS for end of day. Long, a good arbitrage opportunity between CBM (LSE) and WTN (TSX) has a spread of 40%+. Hope deal completes within a month or two.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:42 PM   Nav to Top  #12
stocksearcher
Trader

Favorites: heb, xl, bac
stocksearcher is a jewel in the roughstocksearcher is a jewel in the roughstocksearcher is a jewel in the roughstocksearcher is a jewel in the rough

Hi, can anyone tell me how long it'll take for the reputation points to show up in my account? thanks!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:24 PM   Nav to Top  #13
spacepenguin
VIP Trader

Favorites: CTIC, SPNG, INTC
spacepenguin is a splendid one to beholdspacepenguin is a splendid one to beholdspacepenguin is a splendid one to beholdspacepenguin is a splendid one to beholdspacepenguin is a splendid one to beholdspacepenguin is a splendid one to beholdspacepenguin is a splendid one to behold

Hey!

I am pretty new to the stock market. I wanted to learn something different and make my money work for me... and (maybe) pay off some student loans in the future. I have been day trading since late March and have been moderately successful. The summer is coming up and I bought two books to help me understand the markets better:

"The Neatest Little Guide to Stock Market Investing"

"Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications (New York Institute of Finance)"

I hope it pays off. I am young and I see a long, bright future ahead :)
Old 05-08-2009, 04:29 PM   Nav to Top  #14
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to all above, the points are on the way, lots of new members today.
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:06 PM   Nav to Top  #15
schwi105
UberTrader

Favorites: PWRM; ADXS; MHTX
schwi105 has much to be proud ofschwi105 has much to be proud ofschwi105 has much to be proud ofschwi105 has much to be proud ofschwi105 has much to be proud ofschwi105 has much to be proud ofschwi105 has much to be proud ofschwi105 has much to be proud ofschwi105 has much to be proud of
Smile

Hey,

I am a fairly new trader who has unfortunately learned through trial and error, but have made a fair amount of money which is the ultimate goal. I am becoming more adept at technical analysis but would love to learn more. I recently attended a BetterTrades workshop where they teach you several options strategies. They have some good strategies, but the workshop is rather expensive. I am starting to regret wasting the money, but who knows, it may pay off in the future. Are we ready to make some money! I know I am.

Darin
Old 05-09-2009, 01:12 AM   Nav to Top  #16
leiuns
Junior Trader

Favorites: LVS C BAC
leiuns has a spectacular aura aboutleiuns has a spectacular aura aboutleiuns has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone, I'm also a newbie to the stock market and just started to trade a month ago. Hope to make friends here and learn how to trade better.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:59 AM   Nav to Top  #17
gmc1876
Junior Trader

Favorites: pci;dgo;utn
gmc1876 has a spectacular aura aboutgmc1876 has a spectacular aura aboutgmc1876 has a spectacular aura about

All,

Portfolio consists mainly of AIM Oil and Minerals companies. Tough time over the last year, but improving now. Good buying opportunities at the moment.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:11 AM   Nav to Top  #18
samnorris
Junior Trader

Favorites: LON:AFR, NYSE:EXM, NYSE:TNK
samnorris is a jewel in the roughsamnorris is a jewel in the roughsamnorris is a jewel in the rough

Hi miles, Just want to make sure my newbie points don't get lost in the post. Appreciate you guys have had an influx over the last couple of days. I've posted another intro.

gmc - I'm playing in the same market as you so hopefully we can share some ideas.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:39 AM   Nav to Top  #19
porterdog
Junior Trader

Favorites: xl, f, tck
porterdog has a spectacular aura aboutporterdog has a spectacular aura aboutporterdog has a spectacular aura about

Greetings! New guy, first twigged to this after seeing a couple of VicVV's posts on XL. Vic, if ever we should meet in person, I owe you a nice dinner- thanks! Looking forward to more of the same, and mebbe I can offer up some things as well.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:36 PM   Nav to Top  #20
robert
UberTrader

robert has much to be proud ofrobert has much to be proud ofrobert has much to be proud ofrobert has much to be proud ofrobert has much to be proud ofrobert has much to be proud ofrobert has much to be proud ofrobert has much to be proud ofrobert has much to be proud of

Hello. I'm very new to stock trading. I've been dabbling for the last couple of months. I am looking for as many tools and resources to learn the ins and outs of the market. I look forward to being involved with this community!
Closed Thread