Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » StockRants Announcements » Do we want a chat feature?

View Poll Results: Chat Feature?
Yes. 23 95.83%
No. 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2009, 01:36 AM   Nav to Top  #31
SK_
UberTrader

SK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reply to TRANTS: Keep Bears & Bulls in the same pen

Trants -

BEARS vs BULLS:
My vote is for keeping both bear and bull in the same arena. As a relatively new trader, information posted that contradicts or reveals potential weak spots in various discussions is profoundly informative. Prior to placing trades, I frequently access multiple discussion boards for check/balance of my understanding. StockRants now rates above all others because you guys literally teach me how to research, filter BS and I don't have to worry about being so gullible w/pump and dumps.

Separating bearish from bullish comments would only obscure the potential down side of investments. Like, who needs that?

INDIVIDUAL SECTOR AREAS:
Suggestion - please keep threads as flowing w/out categorically separating into sectors. However, is there any chance you could implement a feature that could automatically categorize individual threads into sectors for those who wish to view accordingly? For instance, I often look for oil or pharmaceuticals, but am unable to ascertain via subject line on individual threads. We have a feature to enter w/"prefix" (buy, sell, etc.) Could we also have a sub-text of sector for each stock pick thread?

AND ANOTHER...
This site is becoming more and more diverse - a magnificent thing to behold! However, threads posted for the London or Canadian stock exchange usually don't interest me. When entering a suggestion for a stock pic, can we identify WHICH STOCK EXCHANGE the symbol is traded? This also helps in consideration for extended hour trading.

SK

Last edited by SK_; 05-10-2009 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: Add additonal info
SK_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:37 AM   Nav to Top  #32
NYPharmer1
Trader

Favorites: ABK POT CL
NYPharmer1 will become famous soon enoughNYPharmer1 will become famous soon enough

Hey Trants,

Thanks for the response. Great work you guys are doing on the site - keep it up. I understand your take on individual sectors - My post was geared towards all sectors. I agree in regards to diversity of B-Vs-B mentality in which one can be more 'enlightened' by another's knowledge of a particular stock/sector. Now, you're question posted @ the end in regards to 'fast pick recommendations' and dissemination thereof - to be honest; in chat forums fast picks is the name of the game - in the forums is where one can disseminate the information with all the pros/cons conceivable. Hope that helps.

Also, consider adding a Soros corner, Buffet corner, Meredith Whitney corner & and the Fundamentals of stocks corner.

I wonder if "The Intelligent Investor" is Free - Actually look - i did some research and found the whole text on Google Books - Here's the link consider it a good reference for the site ..

The Intelligent Investor: The ... - Google Book Search

Please excuse me if i overstep any boundaries.

NYPharmer1

GLTA!
NYPharmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:32 AM   Nav to Top  #33
Daytrader
Junior Trader

Favorites: SPX TAN SHRE
Daytrader is on a distinguished road

irc is the best, i just joined chat channel with mirc for pc users, been useing it 10 years or more now, cheers
Daytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:06 AM   Nav to Top  #34
McMil
UberTrader

Favorites: ACTC, FAS, FAZ, RIMM, V, MA,
McMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chat Forum

Oh absolutely...
McMil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:11 AM   Nav to Top  #35
JonW
Rocket Man

Favorites: PNA.AX, AFR.L, CTIC, XKEMQ
JonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond repute
Devil It's a record!!!

Originally Posted by McMil View Post
Oh absolutely...
McMil - TWO WORDS - make a note of that people, it may never happen again!!!!

XD
"Everything happens for a reason. There is no such thing as coincidence. Listen lots and talk a little and you will eventually figure out the reasons for most things. This should tell you all you need to know about when to buy and when to sell. Always remember, though, that money is just money and true wealth lies in contentment."
JonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:22 PM   Nav to Top  #36
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Distracted maybe ??

Originally Posted by JonW View Post
McMil - TWO WORDS - make a note of that people, it may never happen again!!!!

XD
Noted, he must have been interrupted by the dancing girls

at the "retirement home" heheXD
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:00 PM   Nav to Top  #37
SammyP
Junior Trader

Favorites: ZEUS, COOL, BOOM
SammyP is on a distinguished road
Default Yo man im tryna vote dawg

Yoooo my stock brethren whats poppin! I'm just tryna get a peace of mind and figure out why I can't vote yes on this! I'm tryna chat with some broskis and talk about buying tonka trucks with nutsacks in em ! WOoooooohoooo
SammyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:52 PM   Nav to Top  #38
Mendy
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS SPG SKF
Mendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mendy View Post
Miles,

I think its really good for us to have a chat room.
It gives short term traders another area to hang out.
I was thinking though if its possible we should maybe have 2 chat rooms.
One for Scalp trades and one for long trades for the day.

This way when we open up to the public and we have many different style traders
they can choose which chat room is their style.

We can always start off with one room and see how that goes.

I have friends who would participate and give their picks threw out the day.

I also am willing to manage any responsibilities that the chat room might come with.

Let me know what's on your mind....

Have not been active on this forum in years and good to see its still alive. I was part of the original crew. Anyone else out there?

"This market right now is moving on nothing more than emotions. Guess what? It almost always moves on emotions."
Mendy is offline   Reply With Quote