Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » StockRants Announcements » Feature: Stock Charts in Posts

Old 08-27-2009, 12:24 AM   Nav to Top  #1
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles
Lightbulb Feature: Stock Charts in Posts

You may have noticed this week that some posts contain sexy annotated stock charts. Just like the inline stock quotes we have made this really simple to use, and they're actually pretty handy when tipping stocks. By adding charts and commenting on them in your posts you will also likely earn Reputation faster.

Embed Stock Charts into your Posts
You will see a new button in the Advanced Post editor

This will enable you to easily enclose a ticker in [chart] tags. Highlight the ticker symbol (ie: INTC) and click the chart button. That's it! Ticker symbols enclosed in [chart] tags will automagically display the stock charts as soon as you submit your thread/post.

Also note that you can annotate your charts as you can see below with the colored shapes. Click Annotate in the chart for that.

Example:

Remember
  • You need the latest version of Adobe Flash (9 or 10) in order for the charts to work.
  • Most ticker symbols I tried were supported including other exchanges. So most tickers should just work. London exchange was *.L, like AFR.L.
  • Please limit your charts to 1-3 per post maximum to reduce overhead. In most cases 1 will be enough.
Bugs and Stuff to Fix
  • Having an issue getting some Canadian stocks to show up, ie: RY.TO. Most Canadian stocks show up okay though.
As always report any bugs you find here and I will do my best to take care of it. Oh and props to GazD and pdtpatrick for help testing this today. w00t.

Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.

Last edited by Miles; 03-02-2013 at 10:45 PM..
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:27 AM   Nav to Top  #2
andre3k1
Senior Trader

andre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the rough

awesome! I've been using wikiinvest and manually embedding the charts so this is helpful. quick suggestion though, they have a feature where the chart will autoresize to fit screen width. this might be a good idea to look into?

keep adding the great features!
andre3k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:08 AM   Nav to Top  #3
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

Hey thanks Andre. I initially did have it set to fit width 100% but we found during testing that it lagged out the thread quite a bit with more than 1 chart.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:09 AM   Nav to Top  #4
WendyZ
Junior Trader

Favorites: LVS, WYNN, EEE
WendyZ is on a distinguished road

very nice! will def try to make use of these from now on.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:28 PM   Nav to Top  #5
andre3k1
Senior Trader

andre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Hey thanks Andre. I initially did have it set to fit width 100% but we found during testing that it lagged out the thread quite a bit with more than 1 chart.
well that makes sense! In that case, thumbs up for properly testing the new feature before its debut.
andre3k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:37 AM   Nav to Top  #6
Saintjames
UberTrader

Favorites: TSE:COS | TSE:CPG | TSE:LRE
Saintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud of
Did I help?

Looking good!
Saintjames is offline   Reply With Quote