Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » StockRants Announcements » Feature: Get Paid to Post!

Old 08-24-2009, 07:12 AM   Nav to Top  #1
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles
Smile Feature: Get Paid to Post!

Easy Paypal Donations to StockRants Contributors

Alright I hinted at this earlier in the year and I finally got it coded/tested today. Sorry for the wait guys. The goal was to create some type of financial incentive for users to make quality posts here. We do of course have a Reputation system running and I wanted to extend a bit further on that idea as well.

How it Works

Staff members, VIP Traders and Uber Traders will now show an icon on ALL of their posts as pictured below. This will allow any user (even unregistered ones) to easily make a small cash donation or 'buy you a beer'. If you are unsure how the Reputation system here works to achieve VIP/Uber status, relax, it's also free: see this thread for details.

Of course this will only work if you have entered a Paypal address in your User CP. Users without a Paypal address in their profile will not show the donation link, and thus be unaffected by this change.

Adding your Paypal Address

Users wishing to participate should go to your User CP and click Edit Options (link). Scroll all the way to the bottom until you see the section pictured below, add your Paypal address and save. That's it you're done.

Once you have achieved 500 Reputation points, you will begin showing the donation link. Existing Vip/Uber Traders may add their Paypal addresses now, and the donation button will appear on all of your posts immediately.

Note: Sorry in advance for those of you who do not like/use Paypal. This was the best option available.

So I hope that some of you very diligent traders will eventually get bought a few beers by other happy SR members. As we all know by now, you can never have too much beer. Good luck
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.

Last edited by Miles; 09-04-2009 at 05:05 AM..
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:48 AM   Nav to Top  #2
WendyZ
Junior Trader

Favorites: LVS, WYNN, EEE
WendyZ is on a distinguished road

wow awesome new feature miles! it was enough to get me to register...

so just signed up here today to this amazing stock forum...hoping to make some money with you guys

-wendy
WendyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:07 AM   Nav to Top  #3
pdtpatrick
Super Moderator

Favorites: RIMM, TTM, ANR
pdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to pdtpatrick Send a message via Yahoo to pdtpatrick Send a message via Skype™ to pdtpatrick

Splendid - A man that is always thinking. Loving it :)
pdtpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:06 PM   Nav to Top  #4
oNi
VIP Trader

Favorites: MGM CAR JAZZ
oNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to behold
Did I help?

Great add on feature Miles, great idea!
oNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:49 PM   Nav to Top  #5
GazD
Super Moderator

GazD has much to be proud ofGazD has much to be proud ofGazD has much to be proud ofGazD has much to be proud ofGazD has much to be proud ofGazD has much to be proud ofGazD has much to be proud ofGazD has much to be proud of
Did I help?

If you'd like to use your Secure merchant account ID instead of your email address.

Make sure you select

Click Save Changes.

Unprotect your code and copy the value from the business field.

input type="hidden" name="business" value="COPY_THIS_CODE"

Now use this code in your User CP and you are all set.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:05 PM   Nav to Top  #6
victoria
VIP Trader

Favorites: xl aks ge
victoria is a splendid one to beholdvictoria is a splendid one to beholdvictoria is a splendid one to beholdvictoria is a splendid one to beholdvictoria is a splendid one to beholdvictoria is a splendid one to beholdvictoria is a splendid one to behold
Did I help?

Cool feature! I have my Paypal button set-up! Yes, I may do more intense research if it is appreciated in this way-nice. Currently just do what I need to do to satisfy my comfort level. I do like when others add research to their posts, and will probably donate myself.

Thanks for the innovative idea!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:17 AM   Nav to Top  #7
andre3k1
Senior Trader

andre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the rough

WOW! Way to stay one step ahead!

I can really foresee this site taking off big time. I already made a promise to advertise all around the Kellogg School of Management building when I get back to campus and hopefully I can sign on a couple of MBAs!

This site truly is a knowledge cooperative. I think the paypal donation link is a great idea and only adds incentive for lurkers to register! yeaa motherf****er
andre3k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:48 AM   Nav to Top  #8
zippy
Senior Trader

Favorites: AAPL, AMD, NVDA
zippy has a spectacular aura aboutzippy has a spectacular aura aboutzippy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by andre3k1 View Post
I can really foresee this site taking off big time. I already made a promise to advertise all around the Kellogg School of Management building when I get back to campus and hopefully I can sign on a couple of MBAs!
I agree...stockrants is the best new stock market forum I have found this year...the absence of spam and pumps is a welcome change.

awesome new feature miles...keep up the good work !
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:39 PM   Nav to Top  #9
Siforus
VIP Trader

Favorites: EMAN, POPN, NEXM, TVIPF
Siforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to all
Did I help?

That's cool!
But why do the rich guys always get to make the money Wahhh
Siforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:41 AM   Nav to Top  #10
andre3k1
Senior Trader

andre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the roughandre3k1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Siforus View Post
That's cool!
But why do the rich guys always get to make the money Wahhh
Because you need money to make money
andre3k1 is offline   Reply With Quote