Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Buy: BDSI - FDA approval date June 15th

Old 07-21-2009, 06:48 PM   Nav to Top  #121
w00t4j35u5
Junior Trader

Favorites: mcz agg
w00t4j35u5 is on a distinguished road

Anyone still holding on this? I'm still pretty new to trading and I'm trying to understand tactics. I've been blessed with some good wins, but I'm not sure what to do with BDSI. I'm currently in the red about 10-15% and I don't have huge dollars so commission fees eat me alive to play the sell now buy later game.
w00t4j35u5 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:44 PM   Nav to Top  #122
patch
Trader

Favorites: FIG, FDX, XRX
patch has a spectacular aura aboutpatch has a spectacular aura aboutpatch has a spectacular aura about

I've lessened my position, so managed to get a bit of profit. And my other bio-chem co, HEB, went up pretty big today. So I'm going to stick with the level I have left in BDSI for a while. I'll try to stick it out the rest of the year, as long as it does not make any sudden drops to $4. If it drops below $4, I'll have to seriously think of cutting my loses.

The cash I still have in BDSI is not that much, so it is okay for me to keep it in there for a while. Good luck.
patch is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:49 AM   Nav to Top  #123
Sharpie
VIP Trader

Favorites: AIB HEB BAC
Sharpie is a splendid one to beholdSharpie is a splendid one to beholdSharpie is a splendid one to beholdSharpie is a splendid one to beholdSharpie is a splendid one to beholdSharpie is a splendid one to beholdSharpie is a splendid one to behold

Contrary, I just got into BDSI. I will average down once it reach 60% of my original price. Intend to collect 2,000 share. This is a small float counter that can be played either way.
"We believe the markets are in uncharted territory [...] Frankly we don't know, history provides no clues and anyone who claims to have some insight or strategy cannot do so on the basis of fact and historical evidence." - Laszlo Birinyi (Birinyi Associates)
Sharpie is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:39 AM   Nav to Top  #124
kabilius
VIP Trader

Favorites: KERX, OREX, SUPG
kabilius is a splendid one to beholdkabilius is a splendid one to beholdkabilius is a splendid one to beholdkabilius is a splendid one to beholdkabilius is a splendid one to beholdkabilius is a splendid one to beholdkabilius is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Is anyone looking into BDSI?
BDSI is scheduled to release 2Q2009 earning on August 10th. (they had disappointing earnings for the last couple earning releases, and I don't expect them to beat the street's expectation this quarter either)
However, they just recently received milestone payment from Meda: $26.7M payment, so I think this will make their balance sheet looks alot nicer. The price reasonable, so I think I will get into this one soon...

What do you stock gurus think?
kab
Rule #1 of a stock investor - Say no to greed
kabilius is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:34 PM   Nav to Top  #125
kabilius
VIP Trader

kabilius is a splendid one to beholdkabilius is a splendid one to beholdkabilius is a splendid one to beholdkabilius is a splendid one to beholdkabilius is a splendid one to beholdkabilius is a splendid one to beholdkabilius is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

BDSI will hold a presentation on August 5th, 2009 to discuss the recent approval and the market opportunity for its first product.

BioDelivery Sciences to Present at the BMO Capital Markets 9th Annual Focus on Healthcare Conference

Again, on August 10th, they will be releasing their 2Q earning report; however, I don't know how if I will be holding BDSI by then... there are just too many other stocks I want to buy.. Too many good stocks, too little cash...

Have a great weekend!
kab
Old 08-03-2009, 06:51 PM   Nav to Top  #126
Siforus
VIP Trader

Favorites: EMAN, POPN, NEXM, TVIPF
Siforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to all
Did I help?
Default Thank you for the update!

Still holding on.

Found this news story today/or it found me BioDelivery Sciences Internatio, BDSI - Accept Approval

Don't know if this is just some re-hashed news of the approval.

Go BDSI
Siforus is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:59 PM   Nav to Top  #127
kabilius
VIP Trader

The conference call didn't help, and I sold my shares @ 1.46 today
kabilius is offline   0 thumbs up / 1 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:33 PM   Nav to Top  #128
live2ski
Junior Trader

Favorites: GE, KEME, CPRK
live2ski is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kabilius View Post
The conference call didn't help, and I sold my shares @ 1.46 today
$1.46?? Hey, brother, I would've bought this off of you for $2. Next time let me know when you want to sell stock. I'll pay cash!!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 PM   Nav to Top  #129
Siforus
VIP Trader

Favorites: EMAN, POPN, NEXM, TVIPF
Siforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to allSiforus is a name known to all
Did I help?
Default Trippin me up which ain't hard

1.46 ?
Go BDSI
Siforus is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:02 PM   Nav to Top  #130
kabilius
VIP Trader

Originally Posted by live2ski View Post
$1.46?? Hey, brother, I would've bought this off of you for $2. Next time let me know when you want to sell stock. I'll pay cash!!
Oops, I meant to say $5.46...

Tags
BDSI, BEMA, FDA, HEB, onsolis