Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Buy: APPLE, Steve Jobs Resigns

Old 08-24-2011, 10:17 PM   Nav to Top  #1
Vinnystocktips
Trader

Favorites: WLT, TLEO, MO
Vinnystocktips will become famous soon enoughVinnystocktips will become famous soon enough
Money APPLE, Steve Jobs Resigns

Steve Jobs resigns just a few hours ago, sending in a letter to the board saying "I cannot perform up to my expectation of duties as CEO of Apple, I hereby resign as Apple CEO, but would like to remain on as Chairman of the Board." This even seemed to catch CNBC off guard during the breaking news, but they seemed to scramble pretty well to cover it.

The stock price instantly acted negatively in the after hour market trading down 20 points. Buyers stabalized the price at that $350 level it has been bouncing off of the last couple turbulant weeks. It will be interesting to see how much that Steve Jobs premium is on the stock price. That has been debated now for half a decade and we will finally find out!

Regardless of how much the stock decreases, this news is monumental as no person outside of maybe a Henry Ford, has been more instrumental in the success of a company. Steve Jobs took over as CEO when the company was almost extinct, turning it into the biggest tech company in the world.

Steve Jobs Resigns
Everyone is talking about how Tim Cook has been running the company for the last 7 months regardless. In all honesty, I don't care who is running the company for the next 12-18 months. The stock is extremely cheap for that duration. At that time, leadership will impact the future sales and profits. Apple is about to launch a new version of the Iphone and Ipad. This will give a big product refresh to their sales when they still have the dominant position. Google is aligning itself to be a real competitor, but not next week, it will take some time. And until that happen (which I think it will) Apple will continue to go up. If the stock comes any where close to $300 in next couple days, I say load up on the long side or buy calls. This news that Steve Jobs resigns could become a great entry point for investors.

http://www.vinnystocktips.com/2011/0...ains-chairman/

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Vinny
Vinnystocktips is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:48 AM   Nav to Top  #2
jennywonda35
Junior Trader

Favorites: SBUX ASX MCD
jennywonda35 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Vinnystocktips View Post
Steve Jobs resigns just a few hours ago, sending in a letter to the board saying "I cannot perform up to my expectation of duties as CEO of Apple, I hereby resign as Apple CEO, but would like to remain on as Chairman of the Board." This even seemed to catch CNBC off guard during the breaking news, but they seemed to scramble pretty well to cover it.

The stock price instantly acted negatively in the after hour market trading down 20 points. Buyers stabalized the price at that $350 level it has been bouncing off of the last couple turbulant weeks. It will be interesting to see how much that Steve Jobs premium is on the stock price. That has been debated now for half a decade and we will finally find out!

Regardless of how much the stock decreases, this news is monumental as no person outside of maybe a Henry Ford, has been more instrumental in the success of a company. Steve Jobs took over as CEO when the company was almost extinct, turning it into the biggest tech company in the world.

Steve Jobs Resigns
Everyone is talking about how Tim Cook has been running the company for the last 7 months regardless. In all honesty, I don't care who is running the company for the next 12-18 months. The stock is extremely cheap for that duration. At that time, leadership will impact the future sales and profits. Apple is about to launch a new version of the Iphone and Ipad. This will give a big product refresh to their sales when they still have the dominant position. Google is aligning itself to be a real competitor, but not next week, it will take some time. And until that happen (which I think it will) Apple will continue to go up. If the stock comes any where close to $300 in next couple days, I say load up on the long side or buy calls. This news that Steve Jobs resigns could become a great entry point for investors.

http://www.vinnystocktips.com/2011/0...ains-chairman/

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Vinny
Apple's stock price might be down but its competitors namely Samsung is up 3% and LG up 4% after the news release.
jennywonda35 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
AAPL, F, GOOG