Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Buy: HEB - FDA APPROVAL May 25th - 2000% gain possibility

Old 05-08-2009, 12:10 PM   Nav to Top  #1
StocksHaven
Dog House

StocksHaven can only hope to improve
Devil HEB - FDA APPROVAL May 25th - 2000% gain possibility

Due to the explosive demand for BioPharma companies pending Food and Drug Approval on new and innovative drugs, I will begin focusing on companies which are a few weeks away from their reviews. Taking notice of the recent 3000%, and 1000% over night gains respectively of TTNP and VNDA, the risk versus rewards leans well towards the positive end on these choices.

Moreover, for those who are not high on risk tolerance, investing up to the FDA approval date may still be a very smart choice as these companies are poised to rise leading up to the decision.

Risk: You lose up to 40% as seen from DSCO and VION.OB and NFLD if approval is declined.

Now let’s move onto my first choice:

Hemispherx BioPharma, Inc

(Public, AMEX:HEB)

About: Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (Hemispherx) is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the clinical development, manufacture, marketing and distribution of new drug therapies based on natural immune system enhancing technologies for the treatment of viral and immune based chronic disorders. The Company’s products include Ampligen and Alferon N and Injection. Ampligen includes application as a treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and as a vaccine enhancer(adjuvant) for both therapeutic and preventative vaccine development. Alferon N is an indicator for refractory or recurring genital warts. Alferon LDO (Low Dose Oral) is an application under early stage development targeting influenza and viral diseases. Ampligen is an experimental drug undergoing clinical development for the treatment of CFS.

FDA News: Ampligen (Poly I: Poly C12U) NDA (three month PDUFA decision date delay was announced on 2/18/09 as additional data was submitted by HEB within three months of original decision date). Ampligen is an experimental treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome (which has no FDA-approved treatments) and the drug has an Orphan Drug Status with a PDUFA decision date of 5/25/09.

Ampligen is a synthetic specifically configured double-stranded RNA containing regularly occurring regions of mismatching. Ampligen and Oragens experimental nucleic acids are being developed for the potential treatment of globally important viral diseases and disorders of the immune system including HPV, HIV, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Hepatitis and influenza.

My suggestion for you is put a small amount you can afford to lose, i.e. 15%-30% of your portfolio and tomorrow you could be either sitting on 2000% gains, or 40% loss. Either way, it is worth rolling the dice on these gems.

Michael, www.StocksHaven.com

StocksHaven is offline   4 thumbs up / 6 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:14 PM   Nav to Top  #2
MHC
Trader

MHC is a jewel in the roughMHC is a jewel in the roughMHC is a jewel in the rough

Thanks. Bought 8000 shares. I hope it gets approved!
MHC is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:14 PM   Nav to Top  #3
Stealpulse
Au

Favorites: HUN NRF HEB
Stealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond repute

If it would just break-thru the 1.05 , but hey I'm not complaining! XD
Stealpulse is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:15 PM   Nav to Top  #4
JonW
Rocket Man

Favorites: PNA.AX, AFR.L, CTIC, XKEMQ
JonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond repute
Devil Good one StocksHaven

StocksHaven,

Beat me to the post by two minutes!! Haha!!!

Well done for picking it up and posting it & welcome to the forum.

JonW
"Everything happens for a reason. There is no such thing as coincidence. Listen lots and talk a little and you will eventually figure out the reasons for most things. This should tell you all you need to know about when to buy and when to sell. Always remember, though, that money is just money and true wealth lies in contentment."
JonW is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:20 PM   Nav to Top  #5
Navid
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS FAS SKF
Navid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud of

Glad to see you join the forum Stockshaven.

Check this thread: http://www.stockrants.com/forum/stoc...-biophama.html

Let us know what other biotech stocks are nearing their FDA dates and likelihood of success.

Thanks.

GO HEB!!!
Navid is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:51 PM   Nav to Top  #6
JonW
Rocket Man

Favorites: PNA.AX, AFR.L, CTIC, XKEMQ
JonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond repute
Shocked FDA List

Originally Posted by Navid View Post
Glad to see you join the forum Stockshaven.

Check this thread: http://www.stockrants.com/forum/stoc...-biophama.html

Let us know what other biotech stocks are nearing their FDA dates and likelihood of success.

Thanks.

GO HEB!!!
Hey Navid,

Can't take the credit for this 'cos I'm sure someone else posted it but check out this list:-

12 Extreme FDA Trades on New Product Decisions -- Seeking Alpha

Enjoy!
JonW
"Everything happens for a reason. There is no such thing as coincidence. Listen lots and talk a little and you will eventually figure out the reasons for most things. This should tell you all you need to know about when to buy and when to sell. Always remember, though, that money is just money and true wealth lies in contentment."
JonW is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:57 PM   Nav to Top  #7
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute

Superfly has been on this one ..here is the other thread

http://www.stockrants.com/forum/stoc...-biophama.html
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:11 PM   Nav to Top  #8
Transporter
Junior Trader

Favorites: LVS KFN HEB
Transporter is a glorious beacon of lightTransporter is a glorious beacon of lightTransporter is a glorious beacon of lightTransporter is a glorious beacon of lightTransporter is a glorious beacon of light

This speculative play is starting to look very bright. Thanks Superfly for your earlier posts.

Holding strong on CDR and KFN - again, thanks to Superfly, Trants and many others who have posted recently.

Trants - managed to secure some BIPH yesterday, however today it's not trading according to my broker?? Is this the same in US? I've done some background reading on BIPH and agree loading up now will work well for the patient ones..............
Transporter is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:14 PM   Nav to Top  #9
Superfly
UberTrader

Favorites: RIG, HEB, LVS, KFN
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Superfly Send a message via Skype™ to Superfly

Man, if yall would have looked at my post, I was ahead of this one ;) congrats to all who are in
If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person's life in a positive light, and that's what I want to do. That's what it's all about.
Tiger Woods

I'm putting in my market order right now on this b! --> TTNP thread title in Premarket 5/7/09..that one is for the ages!

Yes we Can...Yes we Will!!!
Superfly is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:15 PM   Nav to Top  #10
tman17m
Trader

Favorites: HUN LVS X
tman17m is a jewel in the roughtman17m is a jewel in the roughtman17m is a jewel in the roughtman17m is a jewel in the rough

looks like i missed the boat on this one. up 40% today. ill keep a watch on it and maybe buy in next week.
tman17m is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
HEB