Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Buy: Tech Stocks

Old 07-23-2010, 07:04 PM   Nav to Top  #1
StocksonWallStreet
Senior Trader

Favorites: FWLT, USG, GOOG
StocksonWallStreet will become famous soon enoughStocksonWallStreet will become famous soon enough
Default Tech Stocks

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about how Tech stocks historically outperform during the fall and gave my Top 10 picks. In addition, here are five more stock picks that I believe will also climb higher.

Intel Corporation (INTC) – Earnings were outstanding (2nd Quarter sales jumped 34%) along with optimistic long-term projections. Intel hones a tremendous balance sheet with over $17 billion dollars in cash and less than $3 billion in debt. Their P/E ratio is trading historically low right now (currently at 10; historically trades around 20). Quarter after quarter Intel has destroyed analyst estimates and guided future prospects higher. Intel has monopolized the computer business; regardless of Mac or PC, it uses at Intel Chip. Don’t expect this trend to stop anytime soon, meaning Intel can easily rise to $28-$29.

NVIDIA (NVDA) – NVDA sell microchips – and lots of them. This stock has transformed its business turning a $200 million loss in the first quarter of 2009 into a $138 million profit a year later in Q1 2010. Based on book value, NVDA is cheap. With a PEG of 0.8 and P/E of 12 the firm is discounted significantly compared to it’s peer competitors. Throughout the past year they have significantly trailed the sector, but heading into the fall I think NVDA will soar to $20.

Corning (GLW) – As a manufacturer of specialty glass for many technology companies (most notably the Gorilla Glass used in the iPhone 4), GLW is extremely undervalued. Currently, shares are trading at 8 times next year’s earnings. Historically though they have traded at close to 15. Adding to this, the company projects a grow rate of 12% over the next five years. GLW holds a strong balance sheet with $4 billion in cash while generating millions more. Expect this stock to rise to around $25.

Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) – TMO sells analytical instruments. After a successful first quarter where profits rose 55%, TMO looks to continue the streak. TMO’s P/E ratio of 13 reflects a significant discount compared to industry averages, making a strong case for TMO to rise to $65.

Formula Systems (FORTY) – FORTY is an Israel-based software and IT company. Recently, they have been on a tear with first quarter profits soaring 42%. This past year the stock has soared, but don’t expect this trend to stop anytime soon. With a P/E ratio of 12, this stock has become a clear “BUY.” The 10% dividend it pays out is not bad either.

Read full article at:

Top Five Tech Stocks to Invest In | Stocks on Wall Street
Old 08-09-2010, 08:27 PM   Nav to Top  #2
teenwolf41
Senior Trader

Favorites: EGO, HPT, C
teenwolf41 has a spectacular aura aboutteenwolf41 has a spectacular aura aboutteenwolf41 has a spectacular aura about

I fully expect Intel to get into the internet tsunami game. What a fantastic balance sheet and they just raised the dividend 3 quarters ago. I expect them to make a play for one of the cell phone chip makers. They also destroy the quarter EVERY TIME, pay a dividend I still expect them to grow.

Long INTC.
teenwolf41 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:49 AM   Nav to Top  #3
Roman
Junior Trader

Roman has a spectacular aura aboutRoman has a spectacular aura aboutRoman has a spectacular aura about

Hey guys,
I was wondering, Stockson I know you recommend these stocks the way you write about them, but do you actually own any of them?

"Buy IGNT - If the economy is going to be this bad everyone will need some oxygen"

Last edited by Miles; 08-22-2010 at 08:02 PM..
Roman is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote