Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Buy: HEB: Hemispherx BioPharma

Old 06-12-2009, 06:02 PM   Nav to Top  #4201
Kordoyn
UberTrader

Favorites: DOW TCK HEB
Kordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rawly View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think that emoticon satisfies the necessary requirements, while it is ROFL, there is no anatomical loss of the AO for the LMAO.

And that's it for the Friday Night Follies here, have a good weekend all, and we'll see what the week of June 15th has for HEB.
Sorry.

Here.

Kordoyn is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:19 PM   Nav to Top  #4202
McMil
UberTrader

Favorites: ACTC, FAS, FAZ, RIMM, V, MA,
McMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChasingCures View Post
I seemed have stumbled over why the FDA is dragging their feet...should of thought of it earlier...our good old RNA nucleic acids "replicate" through out the body...in other words Ampligen could be a carrier or the software of the "bad cells" we have in each of us...once this begins it may be impossible to stop or turn back...this may be the clue of the delay...the uncharted waters of new science....
Hi Doc,

Yep, that was supposed to have been one of the issues that was presented some years back as to why the FDA didn't approve AMP back in the 90's and early to mid 2000's? I believe.

There was also an article that I had read some time ago, that I wish that I had held onto that you might be interested in, wherein about the same time there was a journalist who had taken a strong short position in HEB and needed to tank the stock. So along with other variations of the negative media attention to misguide the public he sited several "arbitrary" and misleading study results about the ineffecacy of AMP along with the "monster" theory that AMP would create monsters from otherwise normal people...

Not withstanding, at about that time, there was, strongly considered by the FDA, the concern that interfering with the organism at the RNA/DNA level is not going to produce any satisfactory result and was presented as a concern to HEB in a release and/or at a convention by which this journalist just happened to come by and it became part of his manipulation of the stock.

Subsequently he was sued by Dr. C, but HEB lost the suit years later.

And, as they say Doc, the rest is Hemispherx history of just hang on and wait...
Old 06-12-2009, 06:24 PM   Nav to Top  #4203
McMil
UberTrader

Favorites: ACTC, FAS, FAZ, RIMM, V, MA,
McMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kordoyn View Post
Sorry.

Here.

"...Khan, like a bad marksmen you just seem to keep missing the target...Spock, shields up, full proton torpedoes; FIRE!!!..."

James T Kirk "The Wrath of Khan"

...at least I think that's the right quote...hehehehe
Old 06-12-2009, 07:14 PM   Nav to Top  #4204
Spinner
Untitled

Favorites: BA, SSW, HEB
Spinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond repute

James T Kirk "The Wrath of Khan"
You'll be pleased to know you're responsible for me spending the last fifteen minutes on YouTube watching Wrath of Khan clips. That movie was so much better than this year's effort.

So when's this HEB interview going to be up on biomedreports then, hmm? I'm happily whiling away the time watching BDSI soar in after-hours.

Cheers, Spinner

DIsclaimer: Spinner is not a genius trader, terrible results speak for themselves. However, in the spirit of complete disclosure, he is holding the following stocks long for dividends (SSW, BA), trading the following stocks for growth (OCNF, HEB, BDSI, CTIC, NRI, ICAD), and holding the following loony tunes penny shares for the million dollar payday (BIPH, XDSL).
Spinner is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:42 PM   Nav to Top  #4205
Tessa
VIP Trader

Favorites: EMAN, HEB, GFGU
Tessa is a name known to allTessa is a name known to allTessa is a name known to allTessa is a name known to allTessa is a name known to allTessa is a name known to all
Did I help?
Send a message via ICQ to Tessa Send a message via MSN to Tessa

Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
You'll be pleased to know you're responsible for me spending the last fifteen minutes on YouTube watching Wrath of Khan clips. That movie was so much better than this year's effort.

So when's this HEB interview going to be up on biomedreports then, hmm? I'm happily whiling away the time watching BDSI soar in after-hours.

Cheers, Spinner
It will be available at 8pmEST

A mathematician is like a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that does not exist ~ Darwin
Tessa is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 PM   Nav to Top  #4206
GypsyDRB
UberTrader

Favorites: HEB, NEPH, BAC
GypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
It will be available at 8pmEST
Thanks Tessa...bah, no AM goodyness.
GypsyDRB is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 PM   Nav to Top  #4207
bobshishka
UberTrader

Favorites: BAC, CTIC, LVS, HEB
bobshishka has a brilliant futurebobshishka has a brilliant futurebobshishka has a brilliant futurebobshishka has a brilliant futurebobshishka has a brilliant futurebobshishka has a brilliant futurebobshishka has a brilliant futurebobshishka has a brilliant futurebobshishka has a brilliant futurebobshishka has a brilliant futurebobshishka has a brilliant future

Here is the release:

Exclusive Interview: Dr. William A. Carter, of Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (AMEX:HEB)

WEBWIRE – Friday, June 12, 2009

Contact Information
M.E. Garza
Editor
BiomedReports.Com
garza@biomedreports.com

Pasadena, CA - 06/12/09 - BioMedReports.Com, the news portal covering the biomedical sector that delivers financial and investment intelligence to a community of highly informed investors has conducted an exclusive interview with Dr. William A. Carter, CEO of Hemispherx Biopharma (Amex:HEB).

The exclusive audio interview, was conducted on Friday afternoon (06/12/09) and will be available at BioMedReports.Com at 8pm EST on Friday, June 12, 2009.

Dr. Carter, the co-inventor of Ampligen®, joined the Company in 1978, and has served as HEB’s Company’s Chief Scientific Officer since May 1989, the Chairman of the Company’s Board of Directors since January 1992, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer since July 1993, the Company’s President since April, 1995, and a director since 1987. From 1987 to 1988, Dr. Carter served as the Company’s Chairman. Dr. Carter was a leading innovator in the development of human interferon for a variety of treatment indications including various viral diseases and cancer. In this context, he received the first FDA approval to initiate clinical trials on a beta interferon product manufactured in the U.S. under his supervision.

Investors are invited to listen to the interview about the company, including questions about the pending FDA decision. The latest business developments and news involving Ampligen and Alferon in the influenze space as well as HEB’s intentions for new investments and expansion.

Visit BioMedReports.Com for more details.

Biotech investors interested in seeing the complete database of clinical trials and upcoming FDA decisions can access that information here:

Access Our Exclusive FDA Calendar! - BioMedReports.com

Disclosure: No positions.

####
bobshishka is offline   8 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:13 PM   Nav to Top  #4208
w00tw00t
Senior Trader

w00tw00t is a splendid one to beholdw00tw00t is a splendid one to beholdw00tw00t is a splendid one to beholdw00tw00t is a splendid one to beholdw00tw00t is a splendid one to beholdw00tw00t is a splendid one to beholdw00tw00t is a splendid one to behold

I don't know if this has been posted already but the directors of HEB have acquired 238636 shares @ 0.55 on 9/6/2009. The price is much higher I suppose if you take all the cost related to this purchase and registration into account.

SEC FORM 4
SEC FORM 4
SEC FORM 4
SEC FORM 4
w00tw00t is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:18 PM   Nav to Top  #4209
ChasingCures
Junior Trader

ChasingCures is a jewel in the roughChasingCures is a jewel in the roughChasingCures is a jewel in the rough

MM, thanks for sharing the history about the mad science short seller, I was aware of the LS and Dr. C's argument. I am just opening a new door for people to peek in as it relates to the numerous delays as there has been so much new science since the 1990's...the FDA is old school and small molecules are something brand new for them to approve. Sounds good! The trouble about RNA is that it "replicates" itself not so much in a bad or monster way but also in ways that can improve patient healing and protection against outside invaders. I believe the RNA needs to be feed instructions for which highway to travel...this may be the reason why many CFS suffers that abstain usually revert back to their symptoms. So where do we go from here?

I am challenging HEB to start educating investors like me...not by lip service interviews...but by what any BIOPHARMA would do best by publishing data and theories, yes publish, publish, publish. No more of those silly PR's about Flu, we need good uplifting PR on what is now on the plate and under review> FDA-CFS. Period. Investor confidence needs to be earned and should not be taken for granted.

Just some thoughts to end a pretty volatile week for me...many of my BIO stocks tanked this week..where my Chivas. Cheers!
ChasingCures is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:03 PM   Nav to Top  #4210
tdanco
Trader

Favorites: uuu nri heb
tdanco is just really nicetdanco is just really nicetdanco is just really nicetdanco is just really nicetdanco is just really nice

Lol, network timeout at biomedreports.com..
tdanco is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
BDSI, DNDN, DVAX, HEB, Hemispherx BioPhama