Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Strong Buy: $SU - Suncor Energy

Old 04-01-2010, 11:04 AM   Nav to Top  #21
Saintjames
UberTrader

Favorites: TSE:COS | TSE:CPG | TSE:LRE
Saintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud of
Did I help?

34.04 +1.50 (4.61%)

Oil and Energy up today. Goooo SU.
Saintjames is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 AM   Nav to Top  #22
psgama
VIP Trader

Favorites: UUU, LULU, XRE
psgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to behold

Absolutely great Pick!! Hope Monday/Tuesday can continue the upward momentum. $32 April call options were a great play on this stock so far. I'm looking to see share price move another .75 to $1 before the 17th
Old 04-05-2010, 03:02 AM   Nav to Top  #23
Saintjames
UberTrader

Saintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud of
Did I help?

Thanks gama. Calls were a great idea on this stock too so well done sir.

I'll be looking to take some off the table today but this is still a long play for me
Old 04-05-2010, 10:39 AM   Nav to Top  #24
psgama
VIP Trader

psgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to beholdpsgama is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, took enough calls off the table to cover my initial cost.We have some resistance around the 200 day moving average of 35.28. If we break through that today SU is flying :)
Old 04-06-2010, 06:57 PM   Nav to Top  #25
psgama
VIP Trader

Sold 2/5ths of my options position near today's High of$35.68. Pretty Mediocre day for the general TSX. I'm hoping that oil prices will continue to rise tomorrow. Suncor also announced that the damaged upgrader repairs have been completed early and that it is now online today. Hopefully that is reflected in the share price tomorrow. I've got a sell order in for the remainder of my contracts at $4.26 which should be reflected by an approximate $0.80 to $0.90 change in share price.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:04 PM   Nav to Top  #26
Saintjames
UberTrader

Did I help?

Awesome timing on your sell gama...I'm 50% out now as of yesterday's close. Great run

Saw this just posted mentioning the options plays on SU...

http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/ma....aspx?id=99062

Option Players Bet Suncor Energy Inc. Has Fuel Remaining in its Latest Rally
Sarah Wasserman (swasserman@sir-inc.com)
4/7/2010 11:40:16 AM

On Tuesday, Suncor Energy Inc. (SU) announced that it would be shutting down an unspecified number of units at its Edmonton refinery in Alberta, Canada. Following this news, option activity on SU was rampant, with the energy concern seeing double its daily volume. Option players showed a preference for calls, with approximately 19,000 calls and 13,000 puts traded on Monday.

With April expiration less than two weeks away, the April 36 put was popular among traders. Specifically, 2,123 contracts changed hands on open interest of just 20, revealing the bulk of these contracts were newly added. What's more, 79% traded at the bid price, revealing they were likely sold to open. By selling to open the April 36 put, bullish traders are betting that SU will surpass the $36 level in the time remaining until options expiration.

The stock has been a star on the charts lately. In fact, in the past two weeks, SU has soared over 11%, closing at $35.11 on Tuesday.

However, there are signs the stock's ascent could be short-lived. SU has not breached the $36 strike since mid-January. It has also outpaced its 10-day, 20-day, 10-week, and 20-week moving averages, potentially leaving it vulnerable to a pullback. Furthermore, in the past month, short interest fell by 17.6%, and now accounts for just 0.28% of the equity's total available float -- leaving little money on the sidelines to help propel SU higher.

At last check, SU had fallen 2.3%, to explore the $34.30 area.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:38 PM   Nav to Top  #27
psgama
VIP Trader

Put my initial investment back into April calls again today near the low for 2.48 a contract. I'm expecting to touch the $36 level on the share price tomorrow or monday. My exit is $4.00 / contract. With an Expiry of Thursday of next week for the rest of my contracts.

Tags
SU