Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Watch: $TTWO - TakeTwo Interactive

Old 12-04-2009, 03:23 PM   Nav to Top  #1
Saintjames
UberTrader

Favorites: TSE:COS | TSE:CPG | TSE:LRE
Saintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud of
Did I help?
Eye $TTWO - TakeTwo Interactive

After today's huge 30% slip I wanted to get a feeler for what some of you think about TTWO. Price dump today came after the company slashed its guidance for both the October quarter already ended and for all of fiscal 2010.

Take Two In 29% Plunge On Weak Results; Drags Down Other Game Stocks; Analysts Abandon Ship - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Definitely read this: StreetInsider.com - Highlights From Take-Two Interactive Softwares' (TTWO) Forecast Teleconference

At this price this could be a long, swing or even a scalp, although as I write this I see TTWO is starting to move on heavy volume off today's low. Currently $7.80.

So some notes on TTWO:

Pros
  • The stock just had the crap beat out of it - down 30%. Buy fear / sell greed.
  • RockStar will release Red Dead Redemption in Apr 2010: Rockstar Games Announces Release Date for Red Dead Redemption | Business Wire
  • The Grand Theft Auto series is very popular and the company has new material via episodes (but not a whole new game) coming soon.
  • The Bully and Borderlands series are both very popular.
  • The Basketball 2K line has done extremely well.
  • The Borderlands franchise is said to be doing very well.
Cons
  • A possibly very long hold - Q3 2010.
  • The books are not the best, but they have enough to weather all of next year IMO.
  • The baseball titles have suffered from terrible reviews (because they suck). CEO admits this has been a huge dilemma for TTWO.
  • Crappy games coming out for 2010. The only possible success there seems to be maybe Bioshock 2 or Max Payne 3. They have acknowledged this so I think the news is already baked in.
Still deciding on whether to take a small position here...what do you guys think?

Last edited by Miles; 12-04-2009 at 03:54 PM..
Saintjames is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:48 PM   Nav to Top  #2
teenwolf41
Senior Trader

Favorites: EGO, HPT, C
teenwolf41 has a spectacular aura aboutteenwolf41 has a spectacular aura aboutteenwolf41 has a spectacular aura about

Don't like the industry. ATVI is clearly the best of breed, but I don't see it going anywhere. Modern Warefare is clearly the must have game right now and it doesn't do anything for the stock. That tells me the industry is out of favor and isn't going anywhere. Didn't TTWO get a bid for like $20 and the brilliant CEO said no? Thats all I needed to know
teenwolf41 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:27 AM   Nav to Top  #3
Saintjames
UberTrader

Favorites: TSE:COS | TSE:CPG | TSE:LRE
Saintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud of
Did I help?

Thanks for the comments teen...

FWIW some 'analyst' upgraded TTWO this am:

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...07-705395.html

Take-Two Interactive Software Raised To Buy From Hold By Gabelli & Company
Last update: 12/7/2009 8:11:43 AM
(MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires
December 07, 2009 08:11 ET (13:11 GMT)
Saintjames is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
TTWO