Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Buy: $CTIC - Cell Therapeutics, Inc.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:32 PM   Nav to Top  #461
pdtpatrick
Super Moderator

Favorites: RIMM, TTM, ANR
pdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to pdtpatrick Send a message via Yahoo to pdtpatrick Send a message via Skype™ to pdtpatrick
Default $CTIC

Thought I'd check out CTIC today. After all everyone has been buzzing about them whether its good or bad. Decided to look at the chart and its scary how it keeps testing to see if buyers step in at $1.17 but it instantly gets knocked down to $1.16 (50EMA support line). Currently there are decent buyers at $1.16 waiting but after $1.16 it thins out and the next bid is at $1.10 which is the next support.

Indicators are sorta pointing down but more of a slant -- so if it continues this test and we see buyers change their bids and coming in for the $1.17 killzone, then we might see a run-up and test in the $1.25 - $1.30+ range. However, if this sudden pullback to $1.16 continues and for some reason it sticks - phew, might not be pretty. Personally speaking, im waiting to see if $1.16 breaks below and I will be looking to add at $1.10 or below.

Check out the charts.

The only thing worse than being worse, is staying worse.

Minimize your losses and take your profits.

Sell when you can and not when you have to.
pdtpatrick is offline   3 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:03 PM   Nav to Top  #462
Germs
VIP Trader

Favorites: LVS, CTIC, CBAI
Germs is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to behold

Per Daily Pharma Watch, Bianco made a good move for raising capital prior approval or disapproval.

Daily Pharma Watch GekkoWire
Germs is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:37 AM   Nav to Top  #463
WalterPech
Junior Trader

WalterPech is on a distinguished road
Default no signal

since new year i have no signals. does somebody have the same problem? my system based on bollinger bands.
WalterPech is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:02 PM   Nav to Top  #464
pennywise
Junior Trader

Favorites: PWRM, ICAD, GNVC
pennywise has a spectacular aura aboutpennywise has a spectacular aura about

Walter, which bollinger bands software do you use? I usually go to the http://www.bollingeronbollingerbands.com/website for U.S stocks.
But the website doesn't support the Canadian stocks. Any help will be appreciated.
pennywise is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:42 AM   Nav to Top  #465
WalterPech
Junior Trader

WalterPech is on a distinguished road
Default fx

hello, i use just normal fx-trade forex. the software on the broker. my bollinger bands are there.
WalterPech is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:25 PM   Nav to Top  #466
spot
Junior Trader

spot has a spectacular aura aboutspot has a spectacular aura aboutspot has a spectacular aura about
Default CTIC price estimates

Cell Therapeutics Share Price Estimates Based on Different FDA Outcomes
January 19th, 2010

Alright Cell Therapeutics investors, today I am going to run through a couple of hypothetical Share Price estimates for Cell Therapeutics based on the outcome of the FDA�s Advisory Panel Meeting on February 10, 2010. Prior to that date there will be a couple of key events that could also drastically move the share price. The first being the release of the FDA�s briefing documents, these documents will outline questions the FDA wants to ask the company at the advisory hearing.

Depending on how the press reacts to the documents then the share price could move up or down. I would like to note that when the briefing documents are released the major news organizations (Usually Reuters) will usually write stories that focus on the most negative aspects of the FDA�s review, Reuters is especially predictable in doing this. I know many of you will want some examples of this, so I have provided a one below.

The following example is from a Reuters hatchet job of Acorda Therapeutics� Fampridine:

Recently, Acorda therapeutics got the FDA�s advisory board vote for approval by a 12-1 vote for its MS related walking drug Fampridine. Right after the FDA released their brieifing documents, several reporters from several news agencies misreported that the FDA advisory board was possibly not going to vote for approval of the drug. But the consensus with Wall Street analysts and physicians was that the drug was going to get approved.

It has always been my belief that most of the reporters that write articles about drug approvals have absolutely no clue what they are talking about when it comes to the approval process or what the briefing documents true purposes are. Here is one of those articles written by the �Faceless Reuters reporter�, the titled �Acorda Shares Fall Over FDA Concern� (article here). Just read the first few lines of that article and you�ll see what I am talking about.

Here is the problem with the reporter�s article, 5 days later there was no skepticism from the FDA in the vote, it was an overwhelming 12-1. But no reporter from Reuters retracted their articles, even though it was proven afterwards that they had lied. I emailed the writer several times, but she refused to reply, the same day that she wrote the negative article I called her out on the piece, telling her that the consensus was actually for approval and she was completely off base. What most of these reporters do is write the most eye popping headline they can think of to get readers, not to deliver true news. Anyway, patient investors were rewarded with a huge 50% share increase in Acorda shares after the 12-1 vote.

Now on to the Share Price estimate:

As I have said time and time again, I am 50/50 for the approval on Pixantrone. I am not sure how the FDA�s ODAC is going to decide on this one. I have outlined my reasoning in an article here. Unlike, most reporters I give a factual basis and reasoning behind my beliefs as to which way the panel will vote. id on�t just write garbage headline catching pieces.

As for the Share Price, we have three hypothetical out comes here. I will list them below with a share price estimate next to them.

1. The vote by the FDA�s ODAC is strongly in favor of approval: In this scenario I believe the share price will rocket up to $5.00 initially and then gently pull back to a $3.00 to $4.00 trading range over the next several months. At which point the company will be able to raise some additional equity and fund further drug development. I know $3.00 sounds low, but in reality the company has many shares outstanding.

There are several comparator companies out there that have a lot less shares outstanding and similar products with share prices that are only just a hair above the $3-4 price (I am referring to Spectrum Pharma, which trades at $5.17, they also have two approved cancer products, ironically one of them used to be owned by Cell Therapeutics). Maybe Cell is the next Dendreon, but I think they need to drastically reduce the amount of shares they have out either by a reverse split or by buybacks to get to that share price range.

2. If the vote by the panel is for another clinical trial or for more patient data: This can happen, at a recent meeting the FDA asked Genzyme to run a Phase III clinical trial for Clolar in AML patients. In fact, the panel actually voted on whether the company should or should not run another clinical trial and also voted not to approve the drug until that trial is completed. If this happens to Cell Therapeutics then a Complete Response Letter would be most likely sent to the company on the PDUFA date. In this scenario, I would see the shares falling to the $.50-.60 trading range. It would not be a death knell for the company, but it would seriously strain the share price and shareholders patience because a follow up trial could take years.

3. If the panel simply votes no and says the drug is not approvable: This rarely happens at a public meeting. In most cases the panel simply votes no and then the company discusses in private with the FDA whether the drug can ever be approved or not. But investors can gauge the panels sentiment by the vote count, for example if it is 13-0 for non-approval and no mention is made from the panel that they would need to see more data in the future for approval, then that might mean the drug is not approvable. If this happens then the FDA will most likely send the company a Complete Response Letter and it would be up to the company to disclose the contents to the shareholders. If this happens, then I see the share price heading down to $.20-.35 range.

Wait, what happens if the vote is a tie or no determined outcome can be gauged because the vote is close?
In this case it is this simple, look at which way Dr. Pazdur voted (he chairs the FDA�s ODAC and will run the entire meeting). If he votes no, then the company will more than likely receive a Complete Response Letter. Dr. Pazdur is the man who single handedly got Dendreon�s drug delayed for years even though the panel voted in favor of approving the drug. In fact, an even wiser strategy would be to listen to this guys� tone and demeanor during the meeting, because I have seen him stop drugs flat out in their tracks. So a good strategy could be to trade on his vote alone.
spot is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
CTIC, Pixantrone