Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Buy: $CTIC - Cell Therapeutics, Inc.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:39 AM   Nav to Top  #11
Germs
VIP Trader

Favorites: LVS, CTIC, CBAI
Germs is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to behold
Default Ndou

JonW,
I invited ndou to our forum. He accepted the invitation. He signed in with the code name "The Magnificent". However, I do not think he has posted anything yet. If you'd like, you can tell him that you are also a member in StockRants, so tha he can start posting overhere in the same way he does in google public forum.
Germs
Germs is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:44 PM   Nav to Top  #12
chumptochamp
UberTrader

Favorites: cbl,api, bry
chumptochamp has a reputation beyond reputechumptochamp has a reputation beyond reputechumptochamp has a reputation beyond reputechumptochamp has a reputation beyond reputechumptochamp has a reputation beyond reputechumptochamp has a reputation beyond reputechumptochamp has a reputation beyond reputechumptochamp has a reputation beyond reputechumptochamp has a reputation beyond reputechumptochamp has a reputation beyond reputechumptochamp has a reputation beyond repute

Okay this is the 3rd time I have tried to post this hear goes.

I'll try to make it brief.
Ctic is interesting right now for a few reasons
1. Shored up debt(sold interest in procuct $16 million, eliminated Italian lab $18 million, sold $15 million in stock to one buyer, eliminated bodies on west coast, and put $150 million in share up for sale) Covered their butts for now
2. Pixantrone is successful in phase 3 studies, as effective as doxorubicin and daunorubicin, but less cardiac sequale, we love this
3. Simple to follow because they are marketing themselves almost every day! Go Ctic ra ra ra

As a physician I see huge value in this product, but as a researcher I have trepidation when dealing with the FDA. The only and I mean ONLY news that will make or break this stock is the FDA approval with it without itbig bad bear comes in.

Any idea on valuation of this stock if it is a winner? I have crunched some numbers and would like to know if anybody else feels the same. Currently the 2 drugs mentioned above are used to treat aggressive non hodgkins lymphoma, which is what our belove pixantrone treats. World wide there are 1.6 million new cases of lymphoma. Lets say pixantrone can get 10% of that. We know that the cost of treatment with the above 2 drugs is about $18,000 and 10,000 per patient. This would give pixantrone about a value between $1.6 billion and $2.8 billion per year. If it has a 15 year patent life it could mean about 30 billion in sales over the course of its lifetime.

30 billion divided by 350 million shares gives a share price of 85 dollars a share. Obviously this is not going to be the case, as there has to be sales, and production costs, and Ctic will need big pharma help for this. Soooo....either buy out, sale of drug(cant see that) or partnership. Sale of the company would not exceed 5 or 6 billion so a sare price of 12 to 15 dollars seems to be the top end. Right now from $.60 that would be a 20 x value in 1 year,not bad.

Any thoughts on valuation. I am still swing trading this stock off and on, can make quite nicely on the volatility. However as the end of the year comes, have to make a decision to stay and hope the FDA pass it or to bail in case of no pass.
chumptochamp is offline   3 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:52 AM   Nav to Top  #13
PanKleks
VIP Trader

Favorites: AV, BARC, XL
PanKleks is a name known to allPanKleks is a name known to allPanKleks is a name known to allPanKleks is a name known to allPanKleks is a name known to allPanKleks is a name known to all

Looks like there is some strong continued interest in CTIC this morning in the premarket.

Anyone have any idea where this could run up to before it runs out of steam? What is the timeline for dealing with the FDA approval process at the moment?
PanKleks is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 AM   Nav to Top  #14
JonW
Rocket Man

Favorites: PNA.AX, AFR.L, CTIC, XKEMQ
JonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond repute
Devil CTIC

Another pop today!

Up 50% in 30 minutes!

JonW

"Everything happens for a reason. There is no such thing as coincidence. Listen lots and talk a little and you will eventually figure out the reasons for most things. This should tell you all you need to know about when to buy and when to sell. Always remember, though, that money is just money and true wealth lies in contentment."
JonW is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:32 AM   Nav to Top  #15
fherrada
UberTrader

Favorites: CNFO, CTIC, CAST
fherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to fherrada

Yup looks like it is stabilizing around 0.95....I don't think it is gonna go higher than that..I just took some profit and sold %40 at that price and will get back in when it dips some.....Good day for this stock!!!
Well, i was wayyyyyyyy wrong, what the heck!!!

Last edited by fherrada; 05-06-2009 at 12:09 PM..
fherrada is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:13 PM   Nav to Top  #16
Germs
VIP Trader

Favorites: LVS, CTIC, CBAI
Germs is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to behold
Devil $$$ CTIC $$$

CTIC is going to the moon today. I always has confidence in this stock that is why Y recommended to Mendy and others in LVS forum. Now broke the dollar mark!!!
$1.22 as I writte this post.
Germs is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:14 PM   Nav to Top  #17
fherrada
UberTrader

Favorites: CNFO, CTIC, CAST
fherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to fherrada

MAN I SALUTE THIS PICK!!!!!
I am lifthing one for you!!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:17 PM   Nav to Top  #18
VicVan
UberTrader

Favorites: ANTO, GE, XL
VicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond repute

f*** me its finally moving big
So used to seeing this up, then down, then hype hype hype - its shooting the moon now.
Always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Top investors follow themselves, sheep get slaughtered. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion / prompt for you to make up your own mind. No liability will be accepted. Its not a professional view, its a suggestion. Shares go up and down. Always spread your investments, always set your stops both up and down. If shorting or Futures investing, know what your doing. You cant beat the sharks, but you can swim on their back. Trade lucky.
VicVan is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:20 PM   Nav to Top  #19
VicVan
UberTrader

VicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond repute

*Germs - what date and price did you tip back then. I credit this to you on the hall of fame as everyone bounced in and out of it, but DO remember I got this from you a while back
Let me know as need to update that big time as loads missing

JonW - get anyone who you can see posts with intelligence to join. We can kick the idiots out
Always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Top investors follow themselves, sheep get slaughtered. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion / prompt for you to make up your own mind. No liability will be accepted. Its not a professional view, its a suggestion. Shares go up and down. Always spread your investments, always set your stops both up and down. If shorting or Futures investing, know what your doing. You cant beat the sharks, but you can swim on their back. Trade lucky.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:30 PM   Nav to Top  #20
VicVan
UberTrader

Know you seen this but for people reading here that dont know the stock. We have 7th May conference tomorrow also - could this pop it more or keep in on the level? wondering if I should average up or just hold

"On Thursday, May 7, 2009, at 8:30 a.m. Eastern/2:30 p.m. Central European/5:30 a.m. Pacific, members of Cell Therapeutics, Inc.'s (CTI) (NASDAQ: CTIC) management team will host a conference call to discuss the Company's 2009 first quarter achievements and financial results.

Conference Call Numbers
Thursday, May 7
8:30 a.m. Eastern/2:30 p.m. Central European/5:30 a.m. Pacific Time
1-888-561-1799 (US Participants)
1-480-629-9867 (International)

Call-back numbers for post-listening available at 11:30 a.m. Eastern:
1-800-406-7325 (US Participants)
1 303 590 3030 (International)
Passcode: 4066143#"

Tags
CTIC, Pixantrone