Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Buy: RIMM - Research In Motion

Old 10-23-2009, 10:34 AM   Nav to Top  #1
Saintjames
UberTrader

Favorites: TSE:COS | TSE:CPG | TSE:LRE
Saintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud of
Did I help?
Default RIMM - Research In Motion

RIMM is down nearly 25% on this PR at the end of Sept:

Research In Motion Limited Issues Q3 2010 Outlook; Revenue Outlook Below Analysts' Estimates
Thursday, 24 Sep 2009 04:05pm EDT

Research In Motion Limited announced that for the third quarter of 2010, it expects revenue to be in the range of $3.60-$3.85 billion and earnings per share (EPS) to be in the range of $1.00-$1.08 per share diluted. According to Reuters Estimates, analysts on an average were expecting the Company to report EPS of $1.05 on revenue of $3.90 billion for the same period.
-----

Will be looking at starting a position soon as I see RIMM is pulling back today again. Any long RIMMers out there?

Saintjames is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:27 AM   Nav to Top  #2
pdtpatrick
Super Moderator

Favorites: RIMM, TTM, ANR
pdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud ofpdtpatrick has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to pdtpatrick Send a message via Yahoo to pdtpatrick Send a message via Skype™ to pdtpatrick

I like RIMM but Apple is cutting very deep into their market and now Cisco and Dell are also making wireless devices to enter the market. I think uhhh whats that GPS company name, i can't recall now - they just made a cellphone as well, so you have to wonder.

The Storm 2 might be a hit for them this time around (im waiting for my delivery), but there are lots of competition out there for them now so the old RIMM is not the new RIMM anymore.

BTW please post more information on why you like the company, maybe some financials, projections, future projects, current news, earnings etc.

Thanks.
pdtpatrick is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote