Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Watch: THMR...it's alive...ALIVE!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:27 PM   Nav to Top  #121
Stuck-Market
UberTrader

Favorites: HUN,NLY,DDRX,SOLF,POT,GE,CTIC
Stuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant future
Default This better be a good gamble!

Originally Posted by trants View Post
It has got to be a sickness, and being older I have to be very careful not to contract it lol.

I have been trying to get cheap BIPH, CPRK and CGFIA for days to average down still lower, no volume and it just will not die and fall down lower! None of them.

And Terson,

Have you got your numbers missing a 0? If not, you can average down big right now. It is trading right at a penny. .0105 etc.
Bought some shares at .0103 !!! Since I took a big hit last year on Thornberg , I figured it may be worth the gamble to POSSIBLY recover SOME of the losses.
Great post on the company - just hope it all comes to fruitation.
Cheers
Sid
Stuck-Market is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:42 PM   Nav to Top  #122
trants
Rants

Favorites: MOT WDC ENG
trants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuck-Market View Post
Bought some shares at .0103 !!! Since I took a big hit last year on Thornberg , I figured it may be worth the gamble to POSSIBLY recover SOME of the losses.
Great post on the company - just hope it all comes to fruitation.
Cheers
Sid

Welcome SID,

It is a long shot play on the fact that it only takes $300 Mil left over out of all the Billions they have to make each share worth $1.00

So we are playing the odds that the recovery gives value back tot he assets and so far it is!

Old 06-04-2009, 11:04 PM   Nav to Top  #123
Pashka
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS, XL, LCC
Pashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Pashka

Meeting of the Debtors' creditors is scheduled for June 10, 2009 at 10:00 a.m - Client Home

Will this meeting shed any light on the possible outcomes?
Pashka is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 PM   Nav to Top  #124
ShaggsTheStudd
VIP Trader

Favorites: XL, PSPM, ATVI
ShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to behold

I got some THMRP at around 0.05. Is this stuff any better than the THMRQ?
ShaggsTheStudd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:16 PM   Nav to Top  #125
Stuck-Market
UberTrader

Stuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant futureStuck-Market has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by trants View Post
Welcome SID,

It is a long shot play on the fact that it only takes $300 Mil left over out of all the Billions they have to make each share worth $1.00

So we are playing the odds that the recovery gives value back tot he assets and so far it is!

Hi Trants,
Was reading the BK announcement for THMR that filed last month. Within the announcement the CEO indicated that the company will get out of the business /seize operations after the BK proceedings. Although much is yet to be expected from the Judges decision, etc ... do you still feel that there is a chance the court or others could influence THMR to remain as a going business subsequent to the BK ?
Cheers
Sid
Stuck-Market is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:43 PM   Nav to Top  #126
trants
Rants

trants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb I feel there is a plan not discussed with the courts underlying some of what we see.

Originally Posted by Stuck-Market View Post
Hi Trants,
Was reading the BK announcement for THMR that filed last month. Within the announcement the CEO indicated that the company will get out of the business /seize operations after the BK proceedings. Although much is yet to be expected from the Judges decision, etc ... do you still feel that there is a chance the court or others could influence THMR to remain as a going business subsequent to the BK ?
Cheers
Sid

Sid,

I feel there is a plan not discussed with the courts underlying some of what we see.

I don't know if you herd the radio show with the CEO just 2 weeks before the BK?

He stated that they had private money to become a Chartered Bank! This tells me the decision to change from a REIT to this a new entity has a basis but not a public face.

I have said in the past I would love to know who was buying all the stock being sold.

Either way, I feel that the value of the companies assets is gaining ground each day. As there was only a 300,000,000 difference between the stated assets and the debts under the MTM accounting and we have billion to work with I still feel it is a good bet that they will have assets remaining.

Allot of their MDS's have recently been upgraded by the rating agencies. As is the values in the marketplace of the paper.

We shall see.

I have read and downloaded every pertinent BK document to date and we have not gotten a Shareholder advocate appointed we need to pursue this if possible.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:39 PM   Nav to Top  #127
Stuck-Market
UberTrader

[
Either way, I feel that the value of the companies assets is gaining ground each day. As there was only a 300,000,000 difference between the stated assets and the debts under the MTM accounting and we have billion to work with I still feel it is a good bet that they will have assets remaining.

Allot of their MDS's have recently been upgraded by the rating agencies. As is the values in the marketplace of the paper.

We shall see.

I have read and downloaded every pertinent BK document to date and we have not gotten a Shareholder advocate appointed we need to pursue this if possible.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply Trants,
Very informative and to the point. I too noticed the ratio of their debt to assets and wondered why BK would even be an option in their case. It is so insignificant that makes one wonder what the hidden agenda is here. There was a similar story with K-Mart 7-8 years ago when they filed for BK. K-Mart had and owned much of their real estate. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that better days where ahead for them specially when their share price approached $1/share. When the merger with Sears took place the stock shut up to $120 range. Lets hope with the lucrative assets that THMR has and with the improving position they in now your predictions come true. I do however wish that they do not abandon the current shares in lieu of issuing new ones when their new game plan kicks off !!
Cheers and all the best.
sid
Stuck-Market is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:20 PM   Nav to Top  #128
trants
Rants

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Trants,
Very informative and to the point. I too noticed the ratio of their debt to assets and wondered why BK would even be an option in their case. It is so insignificant that makes one wonder what the hidden agenda is here. There was a similar story with K-Mart 7-8 years ago when they filed for BK. K-Mart had and owned much of their real estate. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that better days where ahead for them specially when their share price approached $1/share. When the merger with Sears took place the stock shut up to $120 range. Lets hope with the lucrative assets that THMR has and with the improving position they in now your predictions come true. I do however wish that they do not abandon the current shares in lieu of issuing new ones when their new game plan kicks off !!
Cheers and all the best.
sid[/QUOTE]

They can only abandon them Sid if they can prove they have "no or a negative value" at the end of the liquidation!

Else they have to let them go forward or replace them with any new issue!

But I see something hiding in this wood pile!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:43 PM   Nav to Top  #129
fherrada
UberTrader

Favorites: CNFO, CTIC, CAST
fherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant futurefherrada has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to fherrada

Great arguments Trants and Stuck-Market, looks very positive so far....
Old 06-15-2009, 10:20 AM   Nav to Top  #130
Kyle
VIP Trader

Favorites: DTSI, FWLT, HSTX
Kyle is a splendid one to beholdKyle is a splendid one to beholdKyle is a splendid one to beholdKyle is a splendid one to beholdKyle is a splendid one to beholdKyle is a splendid one to beholdKyle is a splendid one to behold

THMRQ is one of the ten popular searches on Google Finance now. It looks like news is coming.
Kyle is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote