Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Strong Buy: KFN The Fund Managed By KKR Going To The Upside.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:00 PM   Nav to Top  #1
trants
Rants

Favorites: MOT WDC ENG
trants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation KFN The Fund Managed By KKR Going To The Upside.

KFN is managed by KKR, the literal founders of Junk Bonds and financing commercial business in hard economics. They are the maestros.

So we are betting on the fact that, (They have put together the largest Corporate Deals EVER)

1. MTM beat their books down, a lot of their loss was artificial
2. If anyone can capitalize in this market , they can!
3. They had a Sentiment beat down with Financial, so they will get recovery for the same reason.
4. Their investments are collateralized, so they should fair well in the long run even with some clients failures. They plan on it.

I Also expect a very good report from KFN when they do report. They just got new $715 Mil. financing, and who has done that lately. That tells me they are looking much stronger in the books.

If you read the 2008 annual you know the losses last year were both MTM and a huge write down in advance of POSSIBLE losses. I personally confirmed that with an email contact with the CFO.

I expect some of that write down can be regained after improvements in the markets. I also see them with earnings improving as well.

They have their annual meeting May 7th They really want to be able to give a good report.

What New Signs Of Health Have We Had?

Well they added some more "Ivy League Boys" to the band!

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...Id=news_view&n...

They got some slightly improved financing benefit ,

http://sev.prnewswire.com/banking-fi...090331/SF91788...

They have "gone fishing for talent" while there is a bunch on the loose from the layoffs. Should get the pick of the litter!

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...Id=news_view&n...

They have Regained Compliance"” with NYSE

And MOST importantly, “I SAID THEY WOULD!”

LOL

.................................................. .................................................. ........
Now I did make some predictions on where this would go. I stated it would get to $1.30 by the 15th April. Well as many of you know, when the run got hot I raised it to $1.50 by the 15th, and I then I missed. lol

But I did hit when it got to $1.50 by the 17th, two days later. I begged for pity as I am old and therefor ... SLOW he.he.

.................................................. .................................................. .............

I have also called for this to be at the $2.00 mark by May 15th. I still stand by that date.
trants is offline   11 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 PM   Nav to Top  #2
Pashka
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS, XL, LCC
Pashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant futurePashka has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Pashka

You the man trants! So far so good... a few more days like this and we'll be at $2 before May 15th. :)
Pashka is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:10 PM   Nav to Top  #3
cpyby
Junior Trader

Favorites: lvs kfn xl
cpyby has a spectacular aura aboutcpyby has a spectacular aura aboutcpyby has a spectacular aura about

thanks trants. in for 10k share of kfn. hope it get to $2.
cpyby is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:57 PM   Nav to Top  #4
Navid
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS FAS SKF
Navid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud ofNavid has much to be proud of

Earnings release set for Thursday, May 7 after close. Conference call at 5pm on May 7 also.

KKR Financial Holdings LLC Sets First Quarter 2009 Earnings Release Date and Call
Navid is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:48 AM   Nav to Top  #5
ShaggsTheStudd
VIP Trader

Favorites: XL, PSPM, ATVI
ShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to behold

This stock is beaten up pretty badly. So badly you have to wonder if it could go bankrupt. Any opinions on the likelihood? If not likely, seems like you couldn't go wrong holding this thing long (assuming the short term action turns out disappointing).
ShaggsTheStudd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:35 AM   Nav to Top  #6
adamli9
Junior Trader

Favorites: FITB C XL
adamli9 will become famous soon enoughadamli9 will become famous soon enough

Looks like people have good feelings about this; it's up 9%. What's a good entry point between now and the earnings release?
adamli9 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:42 AM   Nav to Top  #7
trants
Rants

trants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb I believe youare not familiar with KKR

Originally Posted by ShaggsTheStudd View Post
This stock is beaten up pretty badly. So badly you have to wonder if it could go bankrupt. Any opinions on the likelihood? If not likely, seems like you couldn't go wrong holding this thing long (assuming the short term action turns out disappointing).

What? No way they go BK.. you need to do more research.. They are only impaired by MTM and have not been able to publish the change the MTM modifications cause until this coming quarterly report.

They just got an 800,000,000 credit facility. Does that ring of BK?

These folks are money makers.. Look into who they are. I believe you are not familiar with KKR
trants is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:06 PM   Nav to Top  #8
Jon
VIP Trader

Favorites: gnw xl lvs
Jon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Jon

Originally Posted by trants View Post
What? No way they go BK.. you need to do more research.. They are only impaired by MTM and have not been able to publish the change the MTM modifications cause until this coming quarterly report.

They just got an 800,000,000 credit facility. Does that ring of BK?

These folks are money makers.. Look into who they are. I believe you are not familiar with KKR
Trants, I have my limit set for $2. as you mentioned before you see them hitting 2.25 but then a significant pull back.. does this sitll hold true? this is not a long term hold correct?
Jon is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:25 PM   Nav to Top  #9
ShaggsTheStudd
VIP Trader

Favorites: XL, PSPM, ATVI
ShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by trants View Post
I believe you are not familiar with KKR
Guilty, thats why I am asking
ShaggsTheStudd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:52 PM   Nav to Top  #10
trants
Rants

Default No one better in this economy or field

Originally Posted by ShaggsTheStudd View Post
Guilty, thats why I am asking

KFN is managed by KKR, the literal founders of Junk Bonds and financing commercial business in hard economics. They are the maestros.
trants is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote