Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Buy: DCGN

Old 06-29-2009, 11:30 PM   Nav to Top  #1
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Favorites: RMDM, IMGG, CBAI, ZVTK, ARTS
riches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via Yahoo to riches2rags2
Default DCGN

DeCode Genetics is a company based in Iceland. I believe it also has some facilities here in the US. It's a solid company with several hundred employees that is not managed by scoundrels. Like many companies it has it's share of financial difficulties, but should be able to work through them. Today it was re-listed on the NASDAQ.

I wish I had posted this Friday, and I wish I was able to invest myself last Friday morning when the pps was @ .30. I knew damn well this thing was heading north as soon as I saw the PR late Thursday night or early Friday morning that it was to be re-listed on the NASDAQ. I just didn't have any meaningful available funds to dump into this Friday without selling something else that I didn't want to sell just yet.

I called it right. It went up more than 50% on Friday. It was painful to watch because it went up so slowly in the early morning trading. It was frustrating, because I could have easily got in @ .31 or .32. It was like being in a slow motion accident where everything is happening in slow motion yet you are still powerless to avoid the collision.

And it gaped up even stronger today than it did last Friday. it spiked as high as .93 today. I have been watching this one for a while now, but I did finally get into this today. I patiently waited almost all day watching the pull back. It finally dipped down just below .60 and started moving back upward. It seemed to have some decent support in the low .60s, and I got in with a modest 3000 shares @ .64. Now if it should pull back more tomorrow, I can buy a few more shares to average my cost basis down. And barring any disasters, I plan to go long with this one in my Roth IRA.

And I should also mention there was some other news that probably helped it move up today. That was the discovery of a gene linked to the risk of contracting kidney stones. And that same gene may also lead to new treatments to help prevent or reduce bone loss primarily in women. Now I am not sure what the numbers are, but I am fairly confident there may be many who have and will have an inclination to develop kidney stones. And I believe it may be reasonable to assume that the number of women who eventually suffer from bone loss as they age may even be greater than the kidney stone sufferers.

deCODE Discovers a Gene Linked to Risk of Kidney Stones and Osteoporosis

As always, you may want to do your own DD, but from what I have seen so far, this company is for real, and they just may be another good long play for those who are looking for something that is still priced fairly cheap, and has room to grow.

Once again, I'm sorry I didn't post this last Friday morning, because you would have stood to gain much, much more if I did. But in my humble opinion, I think it is still a buy in the low .60s.

As always, GLTA!X
riches2rags2 is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:06 AM   Nav to Top  #2
riches2rags2
UberTrader

riches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?

Oops! I should also not just a few more items.

*Average daily volume for DCGN is usually just over 438,000, while today's volume was over 11,000,000.

*DCGN does not have hundreds of millions or billions of outstanding shares. They have 61,800,000 according to my E*TRADE Snapshot data.

*S&P had DCGN rated as a hold before all this recent news came out.

*And though there has not been a ton of insider trading with this company, there has been at least some insider trading.
riches2rags2 is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:38 PM   Nav to Top  #3
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

Well if you bought in today, you got in lower than I did. I didn't bother to average down today, because it's apparent to me that it may just trade sideways for a while on lower volume until perhaps something new comes out. The volume today was nearly four times higher than it has averaged recently, but almost five times lower than it was yesterday.

Here is a new link I found today to give you just a wee more info on this company:

I Am Biotech: Discover. Share. Discuss.

Well thanks for reading, and as always, GLTA!
riches2rags2 is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:47 PM   Nav to Top  #4
i809
Junior Trader

Favorites: NASDAQ NYSE TSX
i809 is on a distinguished road

You are the man! Got in yesterday @ 0.55, now it's already 0.7+ and going up like crazy.
i809 is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:57 PM   Nav to Top  #5
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

Thanks i809!

And here's the reason why it's going up today:

deCODE-led Megastudy Finds New Genetic Clues to Causes of Schizophrenia

You got in cheaper than I did lol!

Good deal!

Good luck to you dude!
riches2rags2 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:02 PM   Nav to Top  #6
i809
Junior Trader

You think it can go higher today?
i809 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:10 PM   Nav to Top  #7
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

Well it looks like we are having a pullback right now. Probably some people taking some profits. But many people I have talked to feel that this latest bit of news is huge enough to push us over a dollar. They may be a tad optimistic, but we'll see. Time will tell . . .

This is a good company from what I've seen. I have been watching them for a few months now. I only wish we were able to get in last Friday when we could have gotten in @ .30 - .32.
riches2rags2 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:10 PM   Nav to Top  #8
ShaggsTheStudd
VIP Trader

Favorites: XL, PSPM, ATVI
ShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to beholdShaggsTheStudd is a splendid one to behold

This is THE company that lead to the decoding of the human genome.

I owned this stock ever since I heard they were having trouble (listening to NPR). Company is just too awesome to fail, and I wanted to help, so I bought some shares out of kindness.

Something like a month or two ago they finally got a buyer for some of their treatments, opening the doors for a revenue stream (which they have lacked for years).
ShaggsTheStudd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:13 PM   Nav to Top  #9
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

The buy orders appear to be a lot bigger than the sell orders, and there seems to be some good support in the lower .60s right now. Hopefully, that will continue there for a while, build up a good base, and move up from there. That's what I am hoping will happen.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:02 AM   Nav to Top  #10
i809
Junior Trader

Default Going up, no news?

Everything is red on my list except for DCGN. Is there a reason why it's going up?
i809 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
DCGN