Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Buy: UAUA United Airlines Nearing 52 Wk Low

Old 06-24-2009, 10:22 AM   Nav to Top  #1
oNi
VIP Trader

Favorites: MGM CAR JAZZ
oNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to behold
Did I help?
Default UAUA United Airlines Nearing 52 Wk Low

With all the sectors down recently, airlines have been taking a hit and UAUA crept closer to their 52 week lows yesterday on a combination of news and the market dropping, I'm looking for it to rebound once the market starts to do so as well, it closed at 3.20 yesterday and is currently up in premarket for today, this was just at 5+ earlier this month and trading above 10 back in January. I think you can make a quick profit off it if it rebounds once the market does and also if they turn themselves around in the long run. The airline sector is down as a whole and have been hurting with revenue dropping during the recession, so this may be more of a watch right now, but it's definitely a buy if it gets even lower. Just my take, any further input would be appreciated as well.

Summary
UAL Corporation (UAUA) is a holding company whose principal subsidiary is United Air Lines, Inc. (United). Most of UAL's revenue during the year ended December 31, 2008, was from United's airline operations. United transports people and cargo through its Mainline operations, which utilize full-sized jet aircraft exceeding 70 seats in size, and its regional operations, which utilize smaller aircraft not exceeding 70 seats in size that are operated under contract by United Express carriers. United Airlines operates more than 3,300 flights a day on United, United Express and Ted to more than 200 United States domestic and international destinations from its hubs in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, Chicago and Washington, D.C. The Company operates in two business segments: Mainline and United Express.

Last edited by oNi; 06-24-2009 at 10:26 AM..
oNi is offline   4 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:28 AM   Nav to Top  #2
AKrider
VIP Trader

Favorites: SD, BCF, BIPH
AKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant future

Good eye. I was watching this for a few weeks now after someone tipped me off on it. I personally think this is a great one to trade in. Kudos.

Fortune favors the brave.
AKrider is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:08 AM   Nav to Top  #3
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

I 3rd that. I am also holding LCC. AMR is also very low right now.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:41 AM   Nav to Top  #4
AKrider
VIP Trader

Favorites: SD, BCF, BIPH
AKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant future

Has anyone bought into this one yet?

Fortune favors the brave.
AKrider is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:26 AM   Nav to Top  #5
oNi
VIP Trader

Favorites: MGM CAR JAZZ
oNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to beholdoNi is a splendid one to behold
Did I help?

I bought in a small position @ 3.28 yesterday with all the free funds I had remaining.
oNi is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:45 PM   Nav to Top  #6
patch
Trader

Favorites: FIG, FDX, XRX
patch has a spectacular aura aboutpatch has a spectacular aura aboutpatch has a spectacular aura about

I had a buy order in at $3 yesterday. Will keep it there in case it drops back down. Can't say I'm really that in love with the prospects of this stock, so just a small order.
patch is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote