Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Stock Picks » Buy: Stock Tip- ATHR

Old 05-28-2009, 01:36 PM   Nav to Top  #1
glossynappy
Junior Trader

Favorites: LVS,AOB,VISN
glossynappy has a spectacular aura aboutglossynappy has a spectacular aura aboutglossynappy has a spectacular aura about
Smile Stock Tip- ATHR

Atheros Communications (ATHR) develops technology used in wireless and wired communications platforms. The uses of their technologies range everywhere from personal computers, to GPS units and cell phones.
Independent of the balance sheet- as a swing trader- I like this stock. Trades between the upper 15- mid 16 range. The technologies that ATHR develops products for are widely in demand and I think that even if this stock should fall out of the established pattern and trend down- I am willing to go long based on fundamentals.
Net Income was down for Q1 and for FY2008- which reflects a weak economy but revenue and profit is up.
Analysts have awarded ATHR a neutral rating or hold rating. (source: Finviz.com)
For some balance- I will acknowledge a few negatives …
Although I have made an exception here because I believe in the fundamentals, I generally like to avoid stocks that trade below their 50 day moving average.
It may seem like an oxymoron to my “buy” recommendation to read this but I generally avoid tech stocks. I am not entirely comfortable with how fast technology is changing/ evolving. Just as an example-I am bullish that I use all of the products that ATHR makes components for GPS, cell phone, PC, but I am amazed that the cell phone I bought just six months ago is not even being manufactured anymore.
Please do your own research before making an investment/trading decision.
glossynappy is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
ATHR