Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Rumors & News » SolarWind - NYSE:SWI - IPO

Old 05-20-2009, 10:16 AM   Nav to Top  #1
IsDangerous
Life is brutal

Favorites: XL, HUN, GNW
IsDangerous is a glorious beacon of lightIsDangerous is a glorious beacon of lightIsDangerous is a glorious beacon of lightIsDangerous is a glorious beacon of lightIsDangerous is a glorious beacon of lightIsDangerous is a glorious beacon of light
Default SolarWind - NYSE:SWI - IPO

The name SolarWinds may conjure up gentle breezes and sunny days but the products are used by IT types who probably aren't spending a lot of time outdoors. The company makes enterprise software that helps identify network problems and improve efficiency. Its Orion, Cirrus, and Engineer's Toolset products manage performance, configure systems, and monitor and troubleshoot, respectively, for networks ranging in size from 10 to 100,000 machines. Customers have included several US and foreign government agencies and Microsoft, FedEx, and Ford Motor Company, among others covering about half the Fortune 500. The company began in 1999 and filed to go public in early 2008
From Scottrade

DEAL PRICED SolarWinds, Inc. IPO (SWI:NYSE)
Tuesday 05/19/2009 11:56 PM ET - MorningNotes

12,116,279 shares @ $12.50, above the $9.50 - 11.50 range. Managers: JPMorgan, Goldman, Sachs & Co., Morgan Stanley
TERMS AND TIMING SET SolarWinds, Inc. IPO (SWI:NYSE)
Monday 05/04/2009 3:50 PM ET - MorningNotes

12,116,279 shares @ $9.5 - 11.5 Managers: JPMorgan, Goldman, Sachs & Co., Morgan Stanley Offer Date: 05/20/2009
have this on your watch list.
IsDangerous is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:18 AM   Nav to Top  #2
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

I don't seem to have access to this IPO via my crappy Canadian broker. Some more info:

SolarWinds provides powerful, simple and affordable network management software to more than 80,000 customers worldwide – from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. Focused on the real-world needs of network professionals, SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to manage today's complex network environments. SolarWinds' growing online community, thwack, offers users problem-solving and technology-sharing for all of SolarWinds' products.

For the years ended December 31, 2006, 2007 and 2008 and the three months ended March 31, 2009, SolarWinds generated revenue of $38.2 million, $61.7 million, $93.1 million and $24.1 million, respectively. In the same periods, SolarWinds had operating income of $25.4 million, $30.9 million, $42.0 million and $10.0 million and Adjusted EBITDA of $27.1 million, $35.4 million, $48.4 million and $12.1 million, respectively.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:57 AM   Nav to Top  #3
IsDangerous
Life is brutal

Favorites: XL, HUN, GNW
IsDangerous is a glorious beacon of lightIsDangerous is a glorious beacon of lightIsDangerous is a glorious beacon of lightIsDangerous is a glorious beacon of lightIsDangerous is a glorious beacon of lightIsDangerous is a glorious beacon of light

As of right now SWI has a low of $14.04 with high of $15.16.

I saw it on my screen at 12.05 at 9:30 and i was a little cautious to buying, i've never bought an IPO before and i just heard of this stock via CNBC but it seem that i should have bought some shares.
IsDangerous is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:42 PM   Nav to Top  #4
franklinmall
Junior Trader

Favorites: franklinmall
franklinmall is on a distinguished road

TeleNav, Inc. announced on Nov. 2 that its wholly owned subsidiary, TNAV Holdings,Inc., filed a registration statement on Friday, October 30, 2009 with the Securities and Exchange Commission relating to a proposed initial public offering of TeleNav`s common stock. The shares in the offering will be offered by TeleNav and certain selling stockholders. TeleNav Inc. plans to sell up to an estimated $75 million in stock through an initial public offering.
franklinmall is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote