Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Rumors & News » At&t and other wireless carriers

Old 04-22-2009, 04:11 PM   Nav to Top  #1
david
Junior Trader

Favorites: KFN, BP, CPRK
david is a glorious beacon of lightdavid is a glorious beacon of lightdavid is a glorious beacon of lightdavid is a glorious beacon of lightdavid is a glorious beacon of light
Default At&t and other wireless carriers

I just read an article about at&t wireless mobile data growth rate slowing down. It quoted a couple of reasons for this including the poor economy. It stated that many companies are no longer paying for data usage by its employees. Do you think this will effect At&t stock price? Also such a trend is probably seen among all wireless carriers, so it may effect them all. I am not sure if this would be significant enough to make a real difference or not but i am curious. May be of more concern to long term.

AT&T mobile data growth still strong but leveling out | Telephony Online
david is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:20 PM   Nav to Top  #2
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

The article also stated that the growth rate was affected because they had grown so much that it would be nearly impossible to continue at the same rate. AT&T in my opinion is one
of the best "blue chips" out there. They have a nice steady dividend and I believe that they
will see $40 a share within a years time. While I dont own any right now, I would have no
problem recommending them to my mother. The thing I see that may affect them in the
future is the cost involved in transitioning to the 4G network and whatever comes after that.
chuckd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote