Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Rumors & News » SHORT- AMZN

Old 05-14-2009, 09:53 PM   Nav to Top  #1
Fundamentals
VIP Trader

Favorites: NRF, XL, LVS
Fundamentals is a splendid one to beholdFundamentals is a splendid one to beholdFundamentals is a splendid one to beholdFundamentals is a splendid one to beholdFundamentals is a splendid one to beholdFundamentals is a splendid one to beholdFundamentals is a splendid one to behold
Default SHORT- AMZN

Boys, my cousin works in shipping, more importantly at Alliance Airport in Dallas big time manager. Said Amazon down 35% this month. Nieman marcus, moved all their DC's to 4 day work weeks. Retail is going to get pounded. This tells me a few things, credit cards and job losses are having their effect. Second. Dow is going to tank.
Fundamentals is offline   1 thumbs up / 1 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:25 PM   Nav to Top  #2
LokeyRS
UberTrader

Favorites: RAME, ACI, OSK
LokeyRS has a reputation beyond reputeLokeyRS has a reputation beyond reputeLokeyRS has a reputation beyond reputeLokeyRS has a reputation beyond reputeLokeyRS has a reputation beyond reputeLokeyRS has a reputation beyond reputeLokeyRS has a reputation beyond reputeLokeyRS has a reputation beyond reputeLokeyRS has a reputation beyond reputeLokeyRS has a reputation beyond reputeLokeyRS has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to LokeyRS Send a message via Skype™ to LokeyRS

Fundementals, I can back that up. I'm a former store manager for Men's Wearhouse. During the summer months, our retail numbers always decline. This year, however, alot of my former associates, including numerous store managers, district and regional managers, have all told me the volume is really starting to die off.

All this with a buy one get one deal going on, promotional discounting and other deals.

Retail in our area is starting to die off again.

I simply lay the facts on the table; both the good and the bad. I use these very facts to make my investment decisions. I expect you to do the same. I'm not perfect; I will make mistakes. You will too. Take solace in this: I don't recommend anything my own money isn't in or hasn't been in.

"I provide a product of necessity, one that keeps countries safe, and tyrants shivering at the shield of justice and the eagle of freedom. So, you call me evil. Unfortunately for you, I'm a necessary evil."-Ryan S. Lokey, UMD Arms Protest Response 2008
LokeyRS is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:21 AM   Nav to Top  #3
AndyB
Pro Charting Wannabe

Favorites: $SPX GGG.L ARSLF
AndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond repute

Amazon's PE is near 60. If you buy amazon stock you are paying 60 years earnings for it. Its seriously overvalued. Agreed on the short call, just be careful, markets are irrational!

I'm using a stoploss at my break-even on SFEG. Production is delayed.
AndyB is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:43 AM   Nav to Top  #4
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute

Actually AndyB, My platform shows the PE closer to 47 not 60

As far as shorting AMZN, I think that you should have opened a

short position a few weeks ago when the share price was around

18% higher than it is now. I currently do not have a position either

way, but I LOVE using their site and I have found their pricing and

service to be the best. If they fall much further I will start buying

them long.
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:04 AM   Nav to Top  #5
Warrenstocks
Senior Trader

Favorites: AAPL AMZN FB
Warrenstocks is on a distinguished road

The telecom services sector will be renamed as communications services and supercharged with the addition of $FB, $NFLX and $GOOGL - three of the four FAANGs, along with $AMZN - as well as other companies that have driven the stock market to record highs in recent years. #FAANG:https://bit.ly/2sGG1eh
Warrenstocks is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
AMZN