Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Rumors & News » ACTC Good news this AM

Old 05-13-2009, 09:53 AM   Nav to Top  #1
Cedar136
Junior Trader

Favorites: LVS, GNTA, F
Cedar136 is just really niceCedar136 is just really niceCedar136 is just really niceCedar136 is just really nice
Default ACTC Good news this AM

Advanced Cell Technology Provides Single Blastomere Technology To CHA Bio & Diostech Co., Ltd.

ACT to Receive Upfront Fee for the Right to Develop the Technology in Korea
Advanced Cell Technology Provides Single Blastomere Technology To CHA Bio & Diostech Co., Ltd.

I saw this this morning. Could this good news mean an up movement this morning?

Glad I'm in at .15 HaHa but thats been awhile!
Cedar136 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:03 AM   Nav to Top  #2
Germs
VIP Trader

Favorites: LVS, CTIC, CBAI
Germs is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to beholdGerms is a splendid one to behold

Cedar,
That is good news. ACTC is goig up!!!
Germs is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:08 AM   Nav to Top  #3
Mac
UberTrader

Mac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond repute

Being totally unfamiliar with ACTC, this would strike me to be a 'sell on news' event given the runup in the past couple days...

...I hope I'm wrong.

p.s. remember, it can always go lower, unless it's already at zero.
Mac is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 PM   Nav to Top  #4
Superfly
UberTrader

Favorites: RIG, HEB, LVS, KFN
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Superfly Send a message via Skype™ to Superfly

Only up 8% after today. Keep an eye on it and keep us updated Cedar, you could get a winner!
If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person's life in a positive light, and that's what I want to do. That's what it's all about.
Tiger Woods

I'm putting in my market order right now on this b! --> TTNP thread title in Premarket 5/7/09..that one is for the ages!

Yes we Can...Yes we Will!!!
Superfly is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:15 AM   Nav to Top  #5
McMil
UberTrader

Favorites: ACTC, FAS, FAZ, RIMM, V, MA,
McMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, This has been my long time holds and not one that I go in and out of...I'm not so interested in calling my broker every time it makes a move up or down now that it's a pink...I just let it run, but I'll almost never get rid of it...for those of you that aren't familiar with ACTC these guys do one thing NO other stem cell Co. can do; harvest stem cells from embryos without destroying the host embryo...no one else has this technology and no one else can duplicate it; don't think Phjiezer hasn't tried, lol. In the big picture these guys are like most small pharma's...they are great think tanks, but lousy businessmen...that's why HEB hired a new CFO pending the Ampligen decision...lousy management, great think tank...Anyway, I was away the other day and saw that HUGE spike in ACTC that happened late in the day. Can anyone tell me what that was about? it was at .096 and had a spike to .96...I wish I had seen that and HAD a sell limit for that...I would have made a very nice day indeed...but then it went right down and ran up for a couple of days...a lot of profit taking yesterday and today from .18 back down to close at .14 today...I keep wondering why this hasn't been taken out as a buyout; hostile or otherwise...they were having big $$ problems until they came by the Korean's and a few other labs interested in their proprietary technology and the fact that they have that retinal regeneration money that came in not long ago...with the lift of sc research by Obama and fed aid soon to come I'm much more confidant in this Co. than I have been in the two years that I've held this stock...that's a long time to hold anything, guys...all I want to do is to let it keep inching up and to become much more popular and gain more interest...if I weren't retired already, boys, I'd tell you that this is one that will, in time, let me retire real comfortably; if I don't blow my top because it's moved like frozen jelly within the past two years...lmao. But I don't want to not be in this one...maybe because it's one of my early entries and I'm sentimental, but I think that once it returns to the NAS (hope) it will take off again...so, onto the OTCB and then chill'n with the villains in the big game...hehehe
McMil is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:48 AM   Nav to Top  #6
bondo26
Trader

Favorites: CTIC, SPNG
bondo26 is just really nicebondo26 is just really nicebondo26 is just really nicebondo26 is just really nicebondo26 is just really nice

I wanted to add this news from last friday. I mentioned it on the HEB thread or the BIO thread and wanted to post it here where we can talk exclusively about ACTC.

US company finds "safer" way to make stem-like cells | Reuters
bondo26 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:53 PM   Nav to Top  #7
McMil
UberTrader

Favorites: ACTC, FAS, FAZ, RIMM, V, MA,
McMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond reputeMcMil has a reputation beyond repute

At last my time has come along...lol...

I've been holding ACTC for the longest rather than using it as a vehicle for trading as some have mentioned, but the latest article in this venture has been released today so I thought it was worth starting it's own thread and posting the article...this is another one of those small, micro cap, spec plays like HEB that could have great potential in the medical sciences in the next months to years...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSNBC Publishes Free Online Abridgment of 'Biocentrism'

* Press Release
* Source: Advanced Cell Technology, Inc.
* On Tuesday June 16, 2009, 11:02 pm EDT

Buzz up! 0
* Print

Companies:
o Advanced cell tech

New book by Advanced Cell Technology's Chief Scientist, Robert Lanza yields answers to puzzles of science
Related Quotes
Symbol Price Change
ACTC.PK 0.1730 +0.0050
Chart for ADVANCED CELL TECH
{"s" : "actc.pk","k" : "c10,l10,p20,t10","o" : "","j" : ""}

WORCESTER, Mass., June 16 /PRNewswire/ -- MSNBC.com featured today Dr. Robert Lanza's book (co-authored with leading astronomer Bob Berman) Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness are the Keys to Understanding the True Nature of the Universe on its National Academies award-winning site "Cosmic Log." The article by Science Editor Alan Boyle includes an exclusive online abridgment of the book based on Lanza's essay A New Theory of the Universe which appeared in The American Scholar, a leading intellectual journal which has previously published works by Albert Einstein, Margaret Mead, and Carl Sagan, among others. According to Nielsen Online, MSNBC.com is the number one Current Events and Global News site with more than 40 million unique visitors a month.

Link to article "The Universe in Your Head: Stem cell pioneer Robert Lanza generates controversy on a whole different plane with 'Biocentrism,' a book that lays out his theory of everything."

The universe in your head - Cosmic Log - msnbc.com

"Biomedical researcher Robert Lanza has been on the frontier of cloning and stem cell studies for more than a decade, so he's well-acclimated to controversy," writes Alan Boyle, MSNBC.com's Science Editor. "But his book "Biocentrism" is generating controversy on a different plane by arguing that our consciousness plays a central role in creating the cosmos. 'By treating space and time as physical things, science picks a completely wrong starting point for understanding the world,' Lanza declares. Any claim that space and time aren't cold, hard, physical things has to raise an eyebrow...Other physicists point out that Lanza's view is fully in line with the perspective from quantum mechanics that the observer plays a huge role in how reality is observed. 'So what Lanza says in this book is not new,' Richard Conn Henry, a physics and astronomy professor at Johns Hopkins University, said in a book review. 'Then why does Robert have to say it at all? It is because we, the physicists, do not say it - or if we do say it, we only whisper it, and in private - furiously blushing as we mouth the words. True, yes; politically correct, hell no!' ... Does all this make a difference in daily life, or how you see the world? Take a look at the free sample of 'Biocentrism.'"

Link to exclusive online abridgement 'Biocentrism': How life creates the universe: Authors say cosmology misses the big picture unless it includes biology: ‘Biocentrism’: How life creates the universe - Science- msnbc.com

About Advanced Cell Technology, Inc.

Advanced Cell Technology, Inc. is a biotechnology company applying cellular technology in the field of regenerative medicine. For more information, visit Advanced Cell Technology.

Forward-Looking Statements

Statements in this news release regarding future financial and operating results, future growth in research and development programs, potential applications of our technology, opportunities for the company and any other statements about the future expectations, beliefs, goals, plans, or prospects expressed by management constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any statements that are not statements of historical fact (including statements containing the words "will," "believes," "plans," "anticipates," "expects," "estimates," and similar expressions) should also be considered to be forward-looking statements. There are a number of important factors that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements, including: limited operating history, need for future capital, risks inherent in the development and commercialization of potential products, protection of our intellectual property, and economic conditions generally. Additional information on potential factors that could affect our results and other risks and uncertainties are detailed from time to time in the company's periodic reports, including the report on Form 10-QSB for the quarter ended September 30, 2007. Forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs, opinions, and expectations of the company's management at the time they are made, and the company does not assume any obligation to update its forward-looking statements if those beliefs, opinions, expectations, or other circumstances should change. Forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs, opinions, and expectations of the company's management at the time they are made, and the company does not assume any obligation to update its forward-looking statements if those beliefs, opinions, expectations, or other circumstances should change.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:32 PM   Nav to Top  #8
tape660
Trader

Favorites: hun, xl, aes
tape660 has a spectacular aura abouttape660 has a spectacular aura about

Found this from another form. It's dated yesterday.
Technology Review: A Stem-Cell Therapy for Blindness
tape660 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:53 PM   Nav to Top  #9
tape660
Trader

Favorites: hun, xl, aes
tape660 has a spectacular aura abouttape660 has a spectacular aura about
Smile

Nice movement on a tough day. Up 34.76%. Thanks to all who pointed this one out. 20+ million shares traded. Over 3 times avg. volume. Worried about shorts. Any thoughts?
tape660 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:22 PM   Nav to Top  #10
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Favorites: RMDM, IMGG, CBAI, ZVTK, ARTS
riches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via Yahoo to riches2rags2

Yes, a nice day indeed for ACTC and anybody involved. Now I only wish that I had set up a larger position in this. I picked up 20,000 shares the other day @ about .195. I could have got in @ .14, but I was busy with other stuff. This is in my Roth, so I am somewhat limited as to what I can do. I will try to sell something tomorrow if I can do so without taking too big a haircut to free up some cash. A Roth account is one where you don't want any losses if you can help it. Losses do you no good there. You want to have as many large gains as you can have there. Therefore, patience is required. . . And hope for a pull back . . .

GLTA!
riches2rags2 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote