Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Rumors & News » ACTC Good news this AM

Old 07-14-2009, 09:22 PM   Nav to Top  #21
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Favorites: RMDM, IMGG, CBAI, ZVTK, ARTS
riches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via Yahoo to riches2rags2

Dr. Lanza's new book featured on Huffington Post:

Huffington Post is the world's #1 blog site with over 20,000,000 readers and participants!

ACTC New Scientific Worldview 'Biocentrism' Featured in The Huffington Post - #1 Weblog in the World
riches2rags2 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:30 PM   Nav to Top  #22
Kyle
VIP Trader

Favorites: DTSI, FWLT, HSTX
Kyle is a splendid one to beholdKyle is a splendid one to beholdKyle is a splendid one to beholdKyle is a splendid one to beholdKyle is a splendid one to beholdKyle is a splendid one to beholdKyle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by riches2rags2 View Post
Okay xGriMx,

ACTC did file their 10-K, and expect to have the 10-Q ready before the end of July. And they will be filing for re-listing from PK to OTC status. So if you need to liquidate some or all of your shares for cash, there should be a good chance to do so within the next few days or weeks without sustaining a loss. Once again, good luck dude!

ACTC Advanced Cell Technology Files Annual Report on Form 10-K
Share price dropped like 18% the day ACTC filed Form 10-K. I did not get a chance to read it yet. Anything good/bad coming from it?
Kyle is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:18 PM   Nav to Top  #23
riches2rags2
UberTrader

riches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?

'Share price dropped like 18% the day ACTC filed Form 10-K. I did not get a chance to read it yet. Anything good/bad coming from it?'

Hi Kyle,

Yeah the 10K was not very good, but nobody expected it would be. That was based on as you probably know, last years numbers, (2008). That's when they were trying to operate under a less than cooperative Bush Administration. Most people I have spoken with anticipate that the 10Q will contain more optimistic information, and many are hoping for an upgrade to OTC in the near future. And they are also hopeful that federal funds may be made available to ACTC and other companies like them soon, but of course any and all of that remains to be seen.

Quite a few folks on the Yahoo message board have emailed President Obama, to make it known that the ACTC team can harvest stem cells safely from embryos without destroying them which of course presumably gives ACTC a crucial edge over other similar companies.

Well time will tell. Meanwhile, I plan on scooping up 12,000 more shares for my Roth account tomorrow morning if I can get them for under .17.

Good luck!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:22 AM   Nav to Top  #24
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

Here is an interesting link to a newly formed Twitter group following ACTC:

ACTC - Advanced Cell (AdvancedCell) on Twitter

They offer up-to-date developments to keep you in the know.

I just joined that group myself.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:31 AM   Nav to Top  #25
xGriMx
Junior Trader

xGriMx is a jewel in the roughxGriMx is a jewel in the roughxGriMx is a jewel in the roughxGriMx is a jewel in the rough

= (

My office filter wont let me access sites like twitter (probably for the best lol).

Riches, If anything of interest pops up on there, you mind posting it on here?

xGriMx
xGriMx is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:40 AM   Nav to Top  #26
xGriMx
Junior Trader

xGriMx is a jewel in the roughxGriMx is a jewel in the roughxGriMx is a jewel in the roughxGriMx is a jewel in the rough

Skymark Research released a report the other day. It looks like a lot of it was copied and pasted from their 10-K. Anyone who has time, take a look. There is some analysis in it as well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf actc.pdf (687.6 KB, 1 views)

xGriMx
xGriMx is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:43 AM   Nav to Top  #27
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

= (

'My office filter wont let me access sites like twitter (probably for the best lol).

Riches, If anything of interest pops up on there, you mind posting it on here?

xGriMx '

I haven't had time to check it yet today, but will do.

Best of luck today!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:20 AM   Nav to Top  #28
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

Here is an older link that provides a good brief description of the key discoveries of Dr. Lanza's team:

http://www.mercksource.com/pp/us/cns/cns...

It's an older link, so hopefully it will work.

We shall soon see . . .

Nope . . .

Oh well . . . maybe I will simply copy & paste.

This information has been developed and provided by an independent third-party source. Merck & Co., Inc., does not endorse and is not responsible for the accuracy of the content, or for practices or standards of non-Merck sources.

The news article below will expire on this web site 90 days after its publish date.
May 29, 2009
U.S. Company Finds "Safer" Way to Make Stem-like Cells
Maggie Fox

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. researchers said on Thursday they had come up with the safest way yet to make stem-like cells using a patient's ordinary skin cells, this time by using pure human proteins.

The team at Harvard University and Massachusetts-based Advanced Cell Technology Inc said their technique involves soaking cells in human proteins that turn back the clock biologically, making the cells behave like powerful embryonic stem cells.

Dr. Robert Lanza of Advanced Cell sees almost immediate commercial applications.

"After a few more flight tests -- in order to assure everything is working properly -- it should be ready for commercial use," Lanza said by e-mail.

He said the company would seek Food and Drug Administration permission to test the cells in people by next year -- a process unlikely to be quick, especially with a brand-new technology such as this one.

Stem cells are the body's master cells, giving rise to all the tissues, organs and blood. Embryonic stem cells are considered the most powerful kind, as each one is pluripotent, with the potential to morph into any type of tissue.

Doctors hope to someday use them to transform medicine, for instance, by regenerating the cells destroyed in type 1 diabetes or regrowing eye cells to reverse blindness.

But embryonic cells require the use of an embryo or cloning technology, and several countries, including the United States, limit funding for such experiments.

Several teams of scientists have homed in on four genes that can turn back the clock in ordinary cells, making them look and act like embryonic stem cells. These so-called induced pluripotent stem cells, or iPS cells, could in theory be made using a patient's own skin, allowing grow-your-own transplants with no risk of rejection.

DIFFICULT WORK

Getting these genes into the cells is not easy, however.

The first attempts used retroviruses, which integrate their own genetic material into the cells they infect. Others used loops of genetic material called plasmids or other genetically engineered molecules to reformat the cells.

And another team used the proteins made by the four genes and valproic acid to reprogram cells, but Lanza said these methods all have drawbacks.

His team, working with Kwang-Soo Kim of the Harvard Stem Cell Institute and a team at CHA Stem Cell Institute in South Korea used a peptide, a protein fragment, to drag the human proteins into the cells.

"These have been around for a long time," Lanza said. "The AIDS virus uses the peptide to get into the cells it infects," he said.

Using cells from the foreskins of newborn boys -- a common laboratory technique -- they showed they could transform the cells into iPS cells. They regrew them into a variety of mature new cell types, they reported in the journal Cell Stem Cell.

"This method eliminates the risks associated with genetic and chemical manipulation, and provides for the first time a potentially safe source of iPS cells for translation into the clinic," Lanza said.

"This is the ultimate stem cell solution -- you just add some proteins to a few skin cells and voila! Patient-specific stem cells!"

One question that is not clear is who owns the technology. Lanza said many groups have tried to patent the various steps in the process and it is not yet clear whose patents will prevail.

**By the way, I don't know what's up with that Twitter group guy. I haven't received a single update from him as of yet.**

Last edited by riches2rags2; 07-22-2009 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: add text
Old 09-04-2009, 07:06 PM   Nav to Top  #29
Jaymo
Super Moderator

Favorites: Wouldn't you like to know
Jaymo is just really niceJaymo is just really niceJaymo is just really niceJaymo is just really nice
Did I help?

Hey guys..no updates on ACTC for over a month so I thought I throw this little tidbit out there.

There's going to be a shareholders Q&A at 9 AM September 8th (Tuesday). Markets are closed Monday due to labor day...looks like volume spiked end of day, as people jumped in before the long weekend. I haven't done enough research on ACTC to try to predict the outcome of this shareholder's Q&A (and it's effect on pps) but you know the usual drill with bio hype. Keep an eye on this for Tuesday.
Jaymo is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote