Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Rumors & News » ACTC Good news this AM

Old 06-23-2009, 08:43 AM   Nav to Top  #11
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Favorites: RMDM, IMGG, CBAI, ZVTK, ARTS
riches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via Yahoo to riches2rags2

ACTC up big in Europe this morning . . .

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=T2N.F

Hope this link will work okay . . .

GLTA!
riches2rags2 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:56 AM   Nav to Top  #12
riches2rags2
UberTrader

riches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?

A new PR link for ACTC:

swimming freestyle: A stem cell treatment for blindness

GLTA!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 AM   Nav to Top  #13
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

Interesting stem cell news from the UK link:

http://www.fiercebiotech.com/story/uk-sc...
Old 06-24-2009, 08:24 PM   Nav to Top  #14
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

And yet another ACTC PR link:

Advanced Cell Technology - Advanced Cell Technology and Collaborators at The Casey Eye Institute Present Promising Data Supporting Safety and Efficacy of Stem Cell Therapy to Combat Retinal Disease

I would like to thank McMil for bringing this company to my attention.

Thanks dude!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:20 PM   Nav to Top  #15
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

Another interesting article about the growth of stem cell research:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/907ebff2-612...44feabdc0.html
Old 06-26-2009, 08:07 AM   Nav to Top  #16
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

Monies freed up and set aside for stem cell research grants & loans in California:

California Agency Offers Up To $210M In Stem-Cell Funding - Venture Capital Dispatch - WSJ
Old 07-02-2009, 11:28 AM   Nav to Top  #17
xGriMx
Junior Trader

xGriMx is a jewel in the roughxGriMx is a jewel in the roughxGriMx is a jewel in the roughxGriMx is a jewel in the rough

A bit of news from bloomberg which mentions ACTC, but their stock has been dipping. Im down 15% since I bough in, im getting worried.

Heart Stem Cells From Human Embryo ‘Hot Spot’ May Fix Damage - Bloomberg.com

xGriMx
xGriMx is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:52 PM   Nav to Top  #18
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

A very good short general article about stem cell research and future funding:

FACTBOX-Embryonic stem cells, the ultimate master cell | Deals | Regulatory News | Reuters

xGrimx,

I'm sorry that you are down. I hope you don't have too much tied up in this, but I really do believe this is a very good long play. This is one of those stocks where the sky could be the limit somewhere down the road. I am holding some shares in my Roth IRA long term. I have bought and sold some of this for short term gains, but if I just held on to what I originally had, my current cost basis would be .19 instead of .22.

They also have a 10-K coming out soon. If you need the money and there happens to be some good news in the 10-K, you may have a chance to sell some shares for a gain or at least not too big of a haircut. It depends on what your cost basis is. Well best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.

Personally, and when I can afford to, I plan on picking up a few more shares if it dips below .21 again. It seems to have had some decent support in the lower .20s for several days now, but I suppose it could dip lower if we don't get some good news soon. But with a stock like this one, if it dipped below .20 without any horrible news, I would most likely buy more.

And here's a new NY Times link I just found that may spell out some good fortune for the whole stem cell sector:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/07/scienc...

Good luck my friend to the North!

Last edited by riches2rags2; 07-06-2009 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: add new text
Old 07-07-2009, 08:40 AM   Nav to Top  #19
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

Okay xGriMx,

ACTC did file their 10-K, and expect to have the 10-Q ready before the end of July. And they will be filing for re-listing from PK to OTC status. So if you need to liquidate some or all of your shares for cash, there should be a good chance to do so within the next few days or weeks without sustaining a loss. Once again, good luck dude!

ACTC Advanced Cell Technology Files Annual Report on Form 10-K
Old 07-07-2009, 11:14 AM   Nav to Top  #20
xGriMx
Junior Trader

xGriMx is a jewel in the roughxGriMx is a jewel in the roughxGriMx is a jewel in the roughxGriMx is a jewel in the rough

I bought this more for the long run, got in at .2453. I too, see good things for Advanced Cell. I think I'll hold on to it.

If I come across any more news, I'll post it in this thread RAGs.

xGriMx
xGriMx is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote