Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Rumors & News » APPLE to buy SIRIUS

Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 PM   Nav to Top  #1
okelliot
Dog House

Favorites: CTIC NOVL GNBT
okelliot is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb APPLE to buy SIRIUS

Sirius Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI) looks set to rocket on Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) takeover rumours.

Last edited by okelliot; 05-08-2009 at 01:42 PM..
okelliot is offline   0 thumbs up / 15 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:24 AM   Nav to Top  #2
MacOSXAddict
Junior Trader

Favorites: LVS IRE NRO
MacOSXAddict is a jewel in the roughMacOSXAddict is a jewel in the roughMacOSXAddict is a jewel in the roughMacOSXAddict is a jewel in the rough

There is no way that Apple is going to buy Sirius. Even the rumor about Apple buying Twitter is total BS. Apple RARELY acquires companies. If they do, it is highly strategic. One prime example of that is Apple buying PA Semiconductor. They are going to use this acquisition to make custom chips for the iPhone. In addition to the PA Semi buyout, they have also been bringing over semiconductor engineers from AMD and IBM to helps in designing these in-house custom chips for the iPhone.
MacOSXAddict is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:22 AM   Nav to Top  #3
vsawri
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS AZ HUN KV.A
vsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to vsawri Send a message via Yahoo to vsawri

for stuff like this, please link sources. this is not a pump and dump site.

Originally Posted by okelliot View Post
Sirius Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI) looks set to rocket on Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) takeover rumours.
vsawri is offline   7 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:28 AM   Nav to Top  #4
Superfly
UberTrader

Favorites: RIG, HEB, LVS, KFN
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Superfly Send a message via Skype™ to Superfly

Dude, that is pretty significant news. I just dont see how it would benefit Apple though, technically speaking, it could be GREAT. Sirius has debt the height of Mount Everest though, it could kill Apple's stability economics wise, make sure that you post links with stuff like that, otherwise its not credible.
If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person's life in a positive light, and that's what I want to do. That's what it's all about.
Tiger Woods

I'm putting in my market order right now on this b! --> TTNP thread title in Premarket 5/7/09..that one is for the ages!

Yes we Can...Yes we Will!!!
Superfly is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:35 AM   Nav to Top  #5
Transporter
Junior Trader

Favorites: LVS KFN HEB
Transporter is a glorious beacon of lightTransporter is a glorious beacon of lightTransporter is a glorious beacon of lightTransporter is a glorious beacon of lightTransporter is a glorious beacon of light

Apple and Sirius XM : Combined Strengths Too Big ToIgnore - SATWAVES - Satwaves

I think this is the article being referred to.
Transporter is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:05 AM   Nav to Top  #6
vsawri
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS AZ HUN KV.A
vsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to vsawri Send a message via Yahoo to vsawri

so um, some random dude wrote about it makes it real? lol. *shrug* that's like me telling you guys apple is going to buy sirius.

i happen to think sirius is retarded and will someday be owned by the world of broadband cellular. sirius is the most retarded thing that retarded people buy. a good number of people in my generation are tech savy, my kids will be even more tech savy because i am. its a matter of time before tech savy people make the markets and realize, sh*t like sirius is for old geezers who want to use knobs to change stations and scroll with analogue buttons and crap.

my 2 cents: apple does not need sirius. apple just needs to join up with cellular broadband entities and monopolize cellular media services. it used to be that single purpose components was what appealed to consumers. but the average consumer is leaning more and more towards multipurpose technologies. wtf do you need a sirus piece of crap unit for if your iphone => mp3 player, connect to your home computer for vnc, listen to music on apple media services (monthly subscription for 9.99$ a month, watch your netflix on your iphone, etc... its not going to be long before that happens i can tell you guys that. its a matter of time before cellular broadbad reaches next level & delivers 3G+ speeds to most locations... that basically spells ownage for crap like sirius. if apple buys sirius they must be seriously senial. sorta like BBY's move to acquire Music Land. pure retarded stupidity...

Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
Apple and Sirius XM : Combined Strengths Too Big To?Ignore - SATWAVES - Satwaves

I think this is the article being referred to.
vsawri is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:09 PM   Nav to Top  #7
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

...and we have our first casualty. We hope people take notice
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:45 PM   Nav to Top  #8
ScottG
UberTrader

Favorites: BAC, LVS, PLD
ScottG has a brilliant futureScottG has a brilliant futureScottG has a brilliant futureScottG has a brilliant futureScottG has a brilliant futureScottG has a brilliant futureScottG has a brilliant futureScottG has a brilliant futureScottG has a brilliant futureScottG has a brilliant futureScottG has a brilliant future
Did I help?

Amen........hopefully the last
The opinions listed here are just that, my opinions. Please always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion to prompt for you to perform more independent research to make up your own mind. I will accept no liability for negative stock direction. This is not a professionals' opinion for your portfolio, but rather my limited view as I see it. Shares go up and down, and usually down right after you buy them. Never invest more money than you are prepared to lose. Happy trading and good luck.
ScottG is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:20 PM   Nav to Top  #9
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute
Default SIRI sucks

" i happen to think sirius is retarded and will someday be owned by the world of broadband cellular. sirius is the most retarded thing that retarded people buy. a good number of people in my generation are tech savy, my kids will be even more tech savy because i am. its a matter of time before tech savy people make the markets and realize, sh*t like sirius is for old geezers who want to use knobs to change stations and scroll with analogue buttons and crap."

I think you should tell us how you REALLY feel Sawri. hehe
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:52 PM   Nav to Top  #10
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

Hmm, I made oodles of cash on SIRI this year and researched a bit so here goes...

The internetz pown3d SIRI. last.fm, iTunes etc. But that's why I don't mind this thread too much and think you guys may have been a tad hasty with your bats. This whole AAPL buying SIRI stuff is sort of interesting still and here is why...

SIRI has huge flaws in their business model including their delivery mechanism (satellite). Their is also other issues with monetization, but that's another article. If Apple ever bought SIRI they would do it with their content providers hat (iTunes).

I know for a fact Apple employees read this forum: Should Howard Stern make the move to iTunes? - Mac Forums

And then there is this wily blogger: Should Howard Stern make the move to iTunes? : Macenstein

There is a bit more info on this if you Google around but AAPL is pushing VERY hard in the business of content rights and delivery. iPhone. iTunes owners know what I'm talking about here.

So yeah it is completely unsubstantiated and even quite unlikely, but it's at least plausible. I got a free ride on SIRI so I can at least hope
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.

Last edited by Miles; 05-10-2009 at 06:56 PM..
Miles is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
Siri