Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Rumors & News » HIG and GNW

Old 05-06-2009, 02:20 PM   Nav to Top  #1
Jon
VIP Trader

Favorites: gnw xl lvs
Jon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Jon
Default HIG and GNW

have been taking off the past few days.. hmm insurance companies doing well again.. mad that i missed the boat...
Jon is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:52 PM   Nav to Top  #2
YPhixer
Junior Trader

Favorites: HEB, DPTR, LNC
YPhixer is a jewel in the roughYPhixer is a jewel in the roughYPhixer is a jewel in the rough

and don't forget LNC... up 31% today?!?
YPhixer is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:03 PM   Nav to Top  #3
sblok
*BEAR*

Favorites: KFN,FAZ/FAS,TBT,SRS
sblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to behold

Happy shareholder of HIG from 3.74$/S XD
sblok is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:06 PM   Nav to Top  #4
Jon
VIP Trader

Jon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to allJon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sblok View Post
Happy shareholder of HIG from 3.74$/S XD
lol no shit.. i am looking back and i keep thinking F**K.. why didnt i buy and hold XL, BAC and HIG... all around $3.. x5 x4 today!! i am praying the dow goes back to 6500
Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 PM   Nav to Top  #5
vsawri
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS AZ HUN KV.A
vsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to vsawri Send a message via Yahoo to vsawri

i wrote this in public, if you didn't have balls to hold $3, you won't hold it next time either. gota remeber the last 3$ was the second time it was around 3$. not the first. lol. if we do get that lucky again, i hope you guys don't need a 3rd demonstration of "400% gains" to learn you need to buy on bottom break. lol.

Originally Posted by Jon View Post
lol no shit.. i am looking back and i keep thinking F**K.. why didnt i buy and hold XL, BAC and HIG... all around $3.. x5 x4 today!! i am praying the dow goes back to 6500
vsawri is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:54 PM   Nav to Top  #6
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

I got a nice schwack of GNW at $2.20 after Lattes said the following in my skype window sometime in late March:

"it is VERY rare that I will ever say BUY BUY BUY, but if I do take some type of position"

That got my attention! Gooo GNW.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:19 AM   Nav to Top  #7
VicVan
UberTrader

Favorites: ANTO, GE, XL
VicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond repute

Insurance / reinsuarnce broker here ---------- not on life companies, but anything else, hell I know more than any press release or Google find. Loads going on in the market. People moving all over the place. Market rates are up - great.............. but no client can afford it. You add the fact that many large clients are BANKRUPT thats one insurance contract that fails.
Moral hazard is through the roof, small claims are on the up as people claim for lost watches, restaurant fires, and that trickles up to the big business. Reinsurers will do well as insurance companies are forced to buy it, but insurers may get a wobble. Multiple US companies, such as Essex, are coming off everything. Their profits will be dire.

Broking firms - if you can get one cheap - will pay you well though as vs the dismal year before things are on the up. UK ones even better as we trade USD and we are getting like 30% better returns on the currency alone.
Always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Top investors follow themselves, sheep get slaughtered. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion / prompt for you to make up your own mind. No liability will be accepted. Its not a professional view, its a suggestion. Shares go up and down. Always spread your investments, always set your stops both up and down. If shorting or Futures investing, know what your doing. You cant beat the sharks, but you can swim on their back. Trade lucky.
VicVan is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:34 AM   Nav to Top  #8
Jon
VIP Trader

Originally Posted by vsawri View Post
i wrote this in public, if you didn't have balls to hold $3, you won't hold it next time either. gota remeber the last 3$ was the second time it was around 3$. not the first. lol. if we do get that lucky again, i hope you guys don't need a 3rd demonstration of "400% gains" to learn you need to buy on bottom break. lol.
well i was not there the first time it hit $3, so i can't say i wont have the balls next time.. i think this ride the last 5 months have trained my balls into balls of steel
Old 05-07-2009, 05:30 PM   Nav to Top  #9
vsawri
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS AZ HUN KV.A
vsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond reputevsawri has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to vsawri Send a message via Yahoo to vsawri

haha! i'm glad. lol.
i just need to grow balls of steel to short. lol. then i'd really be making $_$. it'd be like one of those crazy virtual accounts where i'm doing like 1-5M every month. haha. lol. my intuition works pretty well, but I just don't have the balls to play the short side cause its sorta like margin. you can potentially lose it all. i don't even want to play with the thought of losing my money + more. haha. the only thing i'm 100% sure about is that sonner or later the market is 10000+ and everything that's survives is up atleast 100 to 10,000%. lol.

the really cool part i like about considation in markets is that the surviviors got great potential to go even further than where they were @ before.

good luck man. everyone needs balls of steel towards the upside. lol. (margin & shorting are the only things everyone should be cautious of)

Originally Posted by Jon View Post
well i was not there the first time it hit $3, so i can't say i wont have the balls next time.. i think this ride the last 5 months have trained my balls into balls of steel
vsawri is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote