Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Rumors & News » GM Tender Bond Offer

Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 PM   Nav to Top  #41
sblok
*BEAR*

Favorites: KFN,FAZ/FAS,TBT,SRS
sblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to behold

I sold 70% , the rest is pretty much free....
sblok is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:06 PM   Nav to Top  #42
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Favorites: RMDM, IMGG, CBAI, ZVTK, ARTS
riches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via Yahoo to riches2rags2

Hi Mac,

Yeah, I saw that new 'deal' they came up with. I can't believe the crooks we have running this country. I called my brother in Texas today, and it was the shortest conversation I have ever had with him. That was because I just caught him as he was on his way out. He just said: Hi buddy, gotta go. I got an appointment with an attorney. Call ya later. Bye.

I may be wrong, but that may have had something to do with his GM retail bond holdings, along with the present situation. He's got over 40,000 of them, and he bought some of them for as much as $6. His average is probably somewhere around $4. I was going to congratulate him, because at first glance, I thought we had good news. Now I really feel sorry for him.

You see he was relying on Obama's promises. Obama promised more than once that America would NOT let the US auto industry fail! He made a promise like that before he was elected, and a few more afterward. So my brother assumed that Obama would be a man of his word, while he is not. Sad. Very sad.

General Motors is too big a company to have a nice neat quick and easy bankruptcy. This could turn into a disaster for all concerned - certain bondholders, auto dealers, parts suppliers, union workers past & present, and ongoing ripple effects that might even touch more people than I can imagine.

And the bottom line is, can GM be a viable company into the future after restructuring? Personally, I don't think so. Not if the US government is going to own and run it. And I have been to many blog sites all over the internet regarding this topic. And I have seen a common theme posted many a time. And that theme was something like this: 'I will NOT buy a car from a company owned and operated by the US government and/or a union.' And many, many, many people posted statements similar to that. Or they said something like: 'If the new GM stands for Government Motors, I will buy a Ford, Toyota, Honda, Subaru - anything but a GM product!' And some of these guys were loyal GM customers for more than 40 years!

But Mac, congratulations on your 37% gain. I am glad you got out in one piece. I am still waiting to hear back from my brother. I hope he's alright . . .

King Barry and his criminal partner RATner are as crooked as it gets . . .
riches2rags2 is offline   4 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:23 PM   Nav to Top  #43
Kordoyn
UberTrader

Favorites: DOW TCK HEB
Kordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could have yelled louder during the elections that Obama is akin to a snake oil salesman. But alas, it's easy to herd sheep from atop a podium.

Here's to 'hope and change'.
Kordoyn is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:17 PM   Nav to Top  #44
Dead Bird Dog
UberTrader

Dead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kordoyn View Post
Here's to 'hope and change'.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:18 PM   Nav to Top  #45
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute

I bailed out completely as well, did ok as I bought some as cheap as 1.10
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   3 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
BGM, gm, GM Bond Tender Offer, GM Bonds, GM Bonds-Tender Offer, GM Tender Bond Offer, GM Tender Offer, GMS, GMW, HGM, Restructuring, RGM, XGM