Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Rumors & News » SQNM - Huge Drop, Buy Opportunity?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:37 PM   Nav to Top  #1
Scott68
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS CTIC BGM
Scott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond repute
Default SQNM - Huge Drop, Buy Opportunity?

Just looking at this and trying to figure it out.

SQNM dropped 69% in AH trading.

Some are saying this is an error similar to the DNDN situation yesterday.

I played SQNM a long time ago and took profits in the mid 20s.

It has a very good Down's Syndrome diagnosis procedure in the FDA pipeline.

Worth a look!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:43 PM   Nav to Top  #2
Mendy
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS SPG SKF
Mendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond reputeMendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default SQNM

Sequenom Inc. (SQNM:14.91, +0.53, +3.7%) shares dropped 60% to $6.09 in heavy trading following the company's announcement that it will delay the launch of SEQureDX, a noninvasive, prenatal test to screen for Down syndrome. The move comes after the company officials discovered "employee mishandling of R&D test data and results," it said in a statement.

The company has formed a special committee of independent directors to oversee an independent investigation of the employees' activity related to the data and results. The biotech firm believes its Down syndrome program "has suffered a temporary setback but that the SEQureDx technology is scientifically and technically sound."

Sequenom said it's not aware of any potentially inappropriate activity related to other tests it's developing, but it is reviewing data. As a result "Rhesus D, Cystic Fibrosis and Fetal tests are now anticipated to begin launching in the third quarter of this year."

"This market right now is moving on nothing more than emotions. Guess what? It almost always moves on emotions."
Mendy is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:47 PM   Nav to Top  #3
sblok
*BEAR*

Favorites: KFN,FAZ/FAS,TBT,SRS
sblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to behold

im going to check them out, it seems like another overreaction by the market....
thanks for the tip
sblok is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:48 PM   Nav to Top  #4
Scott68
UberTrader

Scott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond reputeScott68 has a reputation beyond repute

The Down's Syndrome diagnosis process they were working on was revolutionary in that it could be achieved through non-invasive testing while the child was still in utero.

It had applications to other forms of testing in utero also, without the risk of birth defects resulting from the standard amniocentisys procedures.

I traded SQNM from 17 to the mid 20's a few months ago when they received positive news about their diagnosis process.

I don't know enough to give a recommendation now, but it's worth looking at.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:22 PM   Nav to Top  #5
Scott68
UberTrader

I'm not pumping these guys, and I don't know enough about the situation to give a more thorough assessment of what happened here, but keep this in mind:

This is NOT a drug.

This is a testing/diagnostic procedure that was based upon analysis of urine/blood.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:38 PM   Nav to Top  #6
Mac
UberTrader

Mac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond repute

WOW...look at that aftermarket volume!!! I've never seen that before...is that a google mistake? Somebody didn't like what they heard at that cc...set off a bunch of institutional stop loss orders ,perhaps.

Not to state the obvious, but non-invasive means that the parents can test for Down Syndrome without even the remotest possibility of hurting/killing the unborn baby. So, if such a procedure existed, I imagine just about every expectant mother/father would opt for the test. ( the likelyhood of a fatality from the invasive Amniocentesis test was nearly equivalent to the chances of having a baby with Down Syndrome, in our recent experience...so we opted not to have the test)

Their cash position is pretty solid, relative to their long term debts by a factor of 11.6 --> nice, so definitely NOT a BK risk anytime soon IMO.

If this is still below $5 at open tomorrow, I'm gonna spin the wheel...that's just insane. But, I'll take a guess and say that it will open tomorrow at $13.20.

Thanks for the tip, Scott!

p.s. remember, it can always go lower, unless it's already at zero.

Last edited by Mac; 04-29-2009 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: grammar
Mac is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 AM   Nav to Top  #7
Mac
UberTrader

Mac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond repute

in (small) at $3.40 right at open, triple down at $2.50.....sell target ~$8

p.s. remember, it can always go lower, unless it's already at zero.
Mac is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:44 AM   Nav to Top  #8
sblok
*BEAR*

Favorites: KFN,FAZ/FAS,TBT,SRS
sblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to beholdsblok is a splendid one to behold

lucky you, i cant access my account, have been on hold for the last 20 min .....
sblok is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:37 AM   Nav to Top  #9
Stealpulse
Au

Favorites: HUN NRF HEB
Stealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond reputeStealpulse has a reputation beyond repute

I picked up a small position @ 3.46, total speculation play, but I think the drop is a harsh over-reaction. I'll jump ship @ 7 or stop out at 2.75.
Stealpulse is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:25 AM   Nav to Top  #10
ychamb
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS, QTWW, WWEI, BIPH
ychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud of

Great spec pick Scott... It only dropped 75% lol (reminds me of old LVS).. Nice entry at 3.50, we should see some PR about the company removing the delay and this bad boy jumping up to 7 and 8 in no time.
ychamb is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
SQNM