Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Rumors & News » Gem or Broken Glass Lets find out shall we!

Old 05-29-2009, 03:41 AM   Nav to Top  #1
trants
Rants

Favorites: MOT WDC ENG
trants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Gem or Broken Glass Lets find out shall we!

Well, I try to teach some of my research methods. Here it is, time to teach!

Pay attention to the process and reasoning here as this often is how I find the GEMS!

When Others are running out I am looking for reasons to run in! (Not my exclusive Idea!)

I am going to open this up to the wider group. But in doing so I want to first say this;

DO NOT TAKE THIS AS A BUY RECOMMENDATION, NOR IS IT A PROSPECT AT THIS TIME.

Also, it "is not" a scour the rags and chats for info sort of a call. We are not as interested in peoples opinion in the technology. We had two top of the industry Engineers involved, we assume they were not wasting their time! They were also getting $50,000 a year salary, I suspect the board of directors also verified the technology. We want to know if the company is legitimate.

So here is what it is,

This company I am going to point out was subject to a "LAW FIRM" going out and doing a pump and dump on about five different companies stocks.

This companies connection to them may well be "NONE" or they maybe were clients for reasons "OTHER" than this P&D. No one from the company was indicted or charged!

We have continued to get some promising press releases after the arrests In January 2009

Why do we care at all?

If the company was not a party to the scam, they are likely a legitimate operation. So What? Well that means that they may well become a going concern. The stock has been so beaten down by the news of the scam that it is "DIRT CHEAP" if it is viable!

The two principals with this company in the last several years were top rated Engineers within the two industries, waste management and Electrical Generation. I expect they knew their business. I just think the company is clear and will rise from these ashes.

Also as they are operating on an international basis, Stockrants has a unique position to ferret out a "SUPER GEM" do to the fact our members span the world! Get it!

So we need to take the news reports below and each person who can needs to check "in person" whatever they can!

Together we can see if there is a hidden treasure here!

The company:

International Power Group
950 CELEBRATION BOULEVARD, SUITE A CELEBRATION FL 34747 (407) 566-0318
Web Site: International Power Group, Ltd.
Phone: 407-566-0318
Fax: 407-566-0297
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/International-Power-Group-Ltd-952016.html
.................................................. .................................................. ...
Here is some of the fraud news, we will start by reading it. Note the dates of the Pump and Dumps. This may mean the company is clean and wrongfully down!
The grand jury indictment says that between April 2004 and December 2006, the defendants devised and engaged in a scheme to defraud investors known as a "pump and dump" in which they manipulated three publicly traded penny stocks," that is
5 people indicted on securities violations | KJRH.com
Five Defendants Charged with Defrauding Penny Stock Investors | Federal Defense Attorney John Teakell
.................................................. .................................................. ...
Other News To Study!

International Power Group, Ltd. Signs Letter of Intent for US$8 Million to Fund Its AddPower Technology
What can we find on this financing and the company providing it?
http://www.greenjobs.com/public/industrynews/inews02822.htm
True? Not True? Still Existing?
.................................................. .................................................. ......
IPWG Engineers Ecstatic over Successful Add-Power Tests. | Reports, Reviews & Sections > Listings & Notices from AllBusiness.com
Still working, Company still happy?
.................................................. .................................................. .......
Indiana to get $227M waste-to-energy plant | Cleantech Group
International Power Group, Ltd. - Free Online Library
We need to check out this company "Naanovo is a global alternative energy company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. " And this project.
.................................................. .................................................. .............
INTERNATIONAL POWER GROUP, LTD. CEO Woodrow Crouch Resigned - www.implu.com
http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/1871159/
http://www.eworldwire.com/pressreleases/16664
.................................................. ...........................................
http://www.globalmanufacture.net/home/news/tat.cfm
Did this get done?
.................................................. ...........................................
International Power Group Egypt, Ltd. Commissions 10th of Ramadan Landfill Footprint... | Reuters
Did this get done?
Here are some other avenues to look for

International Power Group, Ltd. Announces Resignation Of Mr. Woodrow Crouch As Chief Executive Officer-Form 8-K
(I found a Death Notice in Dec 2008 in this name in Ohio I believe It may not be him, but interesting)

Sturge-Weber Foundation Board Welcomes New Chair, Woodrow Crouch
For Immediate Release

MT. FREEDOM, N.J./EWORLDWIRE/March 20, 2007 --- The Sturge-Weber Foundation (SWF) has announced the appointment of Woodrow W. "Woody" Crouch of Scarsdale, N.Y. as chairman of the SWF Board of Directors.

Crouch is an engineering executive who has designed and built all types of electric generating facilities. He and his wife, Mary, have two children and two grandchildren. Crouch's relationship to the SWF stems from the loss of another grandchild to complications of Sturge-Weber syndrome as an infant.

.................................................. ..................................................

International Power Group, Ltd. And ForeverGreen Enterprises Sign Joint Venture Agreement To Build United States Reuters Key Development - Sep 9, 2008

So lets go to work on this. We will also need to categorize our findings.

Start your threads in reply with findings with the word "PRO" or "CON" based on what we get.

Happy Hunting. Lets find a GEM!

Last edited by trants; 05-29-2009 at 03:45 AM..
trants is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:17 AM   Nav to Top  #2
Kordoyn
UberTrader

Favorites: DOW TCK HEB
Kordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond repute

Initial probing does not look too good for me. They have a bunch of PRs from 2004/2005 indicating contracts of several hundred million in revenues, yet their price is in the sub pennies, and was never over 0.40 cents.

I am doing more digging though, just to give it a fair shot.

They apparently have office space at 605 Third Ave, NY,NY. If anyone lives in NY and doesn't mind taking a walk to see if they are on the registry that would be nice.
I will call the building next week when I get home. 1-212-710-8330 is the number for the building office if anyone cares to give it a shot before then.

I took a look at some of the press releases from 2007 as a starting point.

CONS

No mention that I can find of International Power Group in any documents on the Egypt Ministry of Environment website

Reports Search

http://www.eeaa.gov.eg/English/repor...ooperation.pdf

http://www.eeaa.gov.eg/English/repor...N/projects.pdf

Couldn't find any other company entering a Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation Protocol Agreement with any Ministry in Egypt

No mention of working with IPWG on the Eco Conserve Website, although it does state working with KfW on a landfill feasibility study.

::: EcoConserv :::

2009 Press release states partnership with Magnum Capital Partners.

Magnum Capital Partners

Whois.net

Site created on Dec 2008. Just in time for a Press Release? Their only client seems to be IPWG.

Magnum Capital Industrial Partners | Home
seems to be the 'real' magnum partners, and does not have any information on IPWG.

They don't seem to like SEC filings

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...ipwgform15.htm

PROS

NaREC, the company mentioned in IPWGs FEB 2009 Press release seems to be legit. And seems to be working with something called Add Power. I can't get a Whois on this site from my location though. Perhaps we can get one of our English friends here to confirm.
Welcome to NaREC

WARNING: Whenever I come across any sort of alternative power company I am usually extremely skeptical, and hence try to find discrepancies etc. It would be nice for other people to take a look into this company. The more eyes we have looking the better. My information is in no way definitive, and only represents preliminary research.

Last edited by Kordoyn; 05-30-2009 at 09:37 AM..
Kordoyn is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:21 PM   Nav to Top  #3
trants
Rants

Favorites: MOT WDC ENG
trants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kordoyn View Post

CONS

No mention that I can find of International Power Group in any documents on the Egypt Ministry of Environment website

They don't seem to like SEC filings

International Power Group, Ltd ���������������� �������������By Vania Glazer
Now we are cooking,

We have to dig a bit here. If we can also get someone in Florida (Prentiss?) to go by the Florida address and see what and who is there. (1420 Celebration Blvd. Suite #313, Celebration, FL. 34747)

I Emailed the Chief Engineer for Egypt responsible for the Ramadan Landfill Project.
Eng. Mohammed Kandeel, Senior Environmental Engineer,
mohammadkandeel@ecoconserv.com

I asked for clarification on that involvement.

And yes the Form 15 filing is something to keep in mind. That said, the company announced some months ago it was considering re-registering the company in Nevada as Addpower and release an IPO. Perhaps this is related?

QUOTE " Shortly before the champagne corks were popped to bid farewell to 2008, IPWG's Board of Directors approved a plan to locate its AddPower low-temperature turbine waste-heat-to-energy technology into a wholly-owned Nevada Corporation subsidiary. If and when approved by the shareholders, each of them would receive one share of AddPower, Inc. for every 10 shares of International Power. "

So we need to dig a little deeper. I am not certain IPWG is dead, also we may see it come back as AddPower!

The quest goes on!
Old 05-30-2009, 05:06 PM   Nav to Top  #4
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute

Kordoyn, good work. Trants first mentioned this to me a while back

and I looked it over, and my BS meter went off. However I agree, that if

we all look into it and find out the truth, that it could very well be a

"gem" I'm interested to see what we can turn up as a group.
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
IPWG