StockRants Stock Forum

StockRants Stock Forum (http://www.stockrants.com/forum/)
-   US Stock Picks (http://www.stockrants.com/forum/forum2/)
-   -   Buy: $CTIC - Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (http://www.stockrants.com/forum/stock-picks/280-ctic-cell-therapeutics-inc.html)

Germs 04-30-2009 04:54 AM

$CTIC - Cell Therapeutics, Inc.

When some of you guys were involved with GNTA long time ago, I recommended CTIC. Some bought, others did not. I still belief CTIC is a buy and hold for long, Once one of its medications gets approved, the price will go to the moon. The estimated one year target price is still $50.00.
CTIC stock quote - Cell Therapeutics, Inc. stock price - NASDAQ.com

Also, there is a gentleman: ndou (ndou...@gmail.com) in google finance, whom I agree 100 %, who brings to the table very good points. Please read his comments.
Google Finance: Cell Therapeutics, Inc.

Also please check his link to yahoo
Google Finance...

Last, I suggest that one of our administrators should contact him and invite him to join StockRants so that everyone of us will benefit from him. The following is what he states he is:

"You must understand that I am not some big firm employee or some
scammer. I am just an investor like the rest of you, who is trying to
get by and withstand the economic hardships, so I turned to stocks
after all failed. Well, I had onething to rely on after I realized
that all these so-called experts are nothing but pathetic, highly
paid, manipulators. That onething is my own brain. Well, I happen to
have a nack for pattern recognition. Yes, I am one of those whom you
may have envied in school for having a natural skill for mathematics,
analytic geometry, calculus, and it happened to have been my minor
next to my Computer Science major. And I am a hell of a programmer and
database sort of expert. So, I decided to put all that to use. At
first, I started going through stocks one by one, analyzing them in an
effort to decide what I should invest in for the short term and what
to invest for the long term. Well, the task seemed easy at first, but
then, I was struck by how tough it was to simply rely on my own manual
analysis. I needed something much bigger, I needed the information
from the ENTIRE stock market, domestic and internation stock
exchanges, as well as many other exchanges in the areas of
commodities, currency, etc... Guess what?! I cannot compute all that
information. We are talking about more than 100,000 companies and
commodities, and data that goes as far back as the 1980s. That is
millions of records, in addition to so much other non-mathematically
oriented data: consumer and public sentiment. How do you account for
all of that in a mathematical model? Well, THAT IS MY SECRET
PORJECT. :D "

Joseph 04-30-2009 11:40 PM

This positive $1.6 million profit for March should hopefully get CTIC finally moving up.
HUGE difference from a $8 million loss from Feb...

Investors - Cell Therapeutics, Inc. - SEC Filings

Might be a good time to get in (if you're not already) while you can. Good luck.

JonW 05-01-2009 07:07 AM

CTIC - all or nothing?

Joseph,

Agree with you on CTIC - a lot of people got bored with it because it didn't move as quick as they hoped after the initial surge and profit taking. I am still holding in this to see the reults of Pixantrone with FDA in last quarter but I believe if that is a good outcome this will soar, if not I lose all my money. I only say this because there may be some newbie investors that don't see the risks associated with these biotechs. Play this one if you can afford to lose most or all of it. CTIC is hanging by a thread on financing if Pixantrone does not make the grade - look at what happened to SQNM yesterday - just on a delay!!!

As for ndou - agree with your comments, he would be a great asset to this forum when he backs up his suggestions with facts - hope someone points him in the right direction to join.

Cheers
JonW

Aaron 05-01-2009 10:02 AM

pennyplay.com posted CTIC yesterday.. i don't like P&D'in but i can't hate the player nor the game. considering riding this wave, cashing out and buying back in next week depending on the gains today...[cash][cash]

VicVan 05-01-2009 06:05 PM

CTIC is volitile - while I totally agree with you I just like to say anyone buying - really read up on the company, the drugs, where they are exactly in the trails and monitor the charts and get a good buy in

Pukka

Joseph 05-01-2009 07:05 PM

I completely agree with you guys... This is a complete spec play for me and I have very little to lose in this one if it does go south. I'm averaged in at .32 and will play my 'free shares' here shortly. I believe there is some tremendous upside to this company if they can pull things together, but it's one of those "if the stars can only align right today" type of deal. If you play CTIC, I firmly believe you should only play it if you use Trants 'free play' strategy. I'm sure there will be some major pull back, don't get in at today's rates if you're considering to jump on board.

Germs 05-03-2009 04:08 PM

Interview: James Bianco, CEO
Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTIC)

Germs 05-05-2009 03:00 AM

Good news

Good news for CTIC. Pixantrone is now available in Europe.

Investors - Cell Therapeutics, Inc. - News Release

Prentiss 05-05-2009 06:55 AM

As CTIC moves closer and closer to possible approval, and as more and more good news gets released about Pixantrone, this will move further and further away from being a pure spec play. DNDN at one point was also a spec play, and I'm sure those who sold off many if not all of their shares are now kicking themselves.

Sometimes you just have to hold your nuts and hope things pan out. In no time at all CTIC could be up to $3/4, at which point everyone will be awaiting the FDA decision.

I understand the "free share" scenario, aka "playing with the house's money", but unless you're buying really big early, you'll never have the amount of shares you'd really want to have to make a difference. Remember greed works both ways, staying in too long and not staying in long enough.

JonW 05-05-2009 07:56 AM

CTIC - ndou's posts on Google

Germs,

Did you or anyone suggest to ndou that he come over and join us here at StockRants? He's posted some intelligent comments over on the CTIC threads on Google Finance this morning.

Happy to approach him if no-one objects but it doesn't look like anyone has?!!

JonW