Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Penny Stock Picks » Watch: Advanced Life Sciences Hldngs (ADLS)

Old 05-11-2009, 03:53 PM   Nav to Top  #1
Ingwe
VIP Trader

Favorites: LVS, MGM, AAPL, CTIC
Ingwe is a name known to allIngwe is a name known to allIngwe is a name known to allIngwe is a name known to allIngwe is a name known to allIngwe is a name known to all
Default Advanced Life Sciences Hldngs (ADLS)

Had my eye on this one over the last few days. They've just switched exchanges so their Google listing is no longer updating but Etrade has their price at $0.70 this morning PST.

Looks like a promising company. They have a pending NDA for cethromycin "as a once-daily antibiotic for the treatment of adults with mild to moderate community acquired pneumonia (CAP). The Anti-Infective Drugs Advisory Committee of the FDA is tentatively scheduled to meet on 6/2/09 to discuss the NDA for cethromycin."

Does anyone with more knowledge of the pharma sector know A) what sort of effect a positive decision on the NDA would have on the stock price, and B) how long it usually takes between NDA and an eventual application for approval? In other words, how long-term a play would this be?
Ingwe is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:22 AM   Nav to Top  #2
bondo26
Trader

Favorites: CTIC, SPNG
bondo26 is just really nicebondo26 is just really nicebondo26 is just really nicebondo26 is just really nicebondo26 is just really nice

Of course approval will boost the stock price, but with all drug approvals it is a spec play. Don't back the truck up. I would recommend buy some as the price continues to go up closer to FDA approval date sell to get back what you originally invested and ride the free shares through approval/disapproval process. Don't forget to set a stop loss.
bondo26 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:27 AM   Nav to Top  #3
bondo26
Trader

Favorites: CTIC, SPNG
bondo26 is just really nicebondo26 is just really nicebondo26 is just really nicebondo26 is just really nicebondo26 is just really nice

I believe the PDUFA is 31 July 09, just around the corner. I haven't bought in yet but will probably give it a punt as my england friends call it
bondo26 is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
ADLS