Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Penny Stock Picks » Buy: ARTS: Artfest International, Inc.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:19 AM   Nav to Top  #1
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Favorites: RMDM, IMGG, CBAI, ZVTK, ARTS
riches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via Yahoo to riches2rags2
Default ARTS: Artfest International, Inc.

I know there are those out there who are bitter when the topic of Artfest International comes up. Why? it is most likely due to the fact that they had lost some money investing there a while back. They pulled off a 1 for 50 reverse split back in October of 2009 according to the information posted on Pinksheets.com. That move hurt many of the investors, and a few of them are still posting bitter messages about their plight on various message boards out there including Yahoo.

So some of you may be wondering just why it is that I think it could be considered a 'buy' at this time.

A.) I am really not sure what it's reporting status was this last October, but currently it is a fully SEC reporting OTCBB company.

B.) In spite of rumors of the possible dilution that has recently transpired, the shares outstanding are still on the lower side as far as pinkies are concerned. According to Yahoo Finance and E*TRADE, the number is just over 47,000,000, but there are those who contend that the current number is perhaps as much as twice that amount.

C.) Recent good news:

Artfest International, Inc. (OTC.BB:ARTS) is pleased to announce that the Company increased its revenue for the fourth quarter ending December 31, 2009 by 5,400 percent as compared to the same period in the prior year. Artfest International generated revenue of $1.1 Million for the fourth quarter ending December 31, 2009 as compared to revenue of $20,000 for the fourth quarter ending December 31, 2008. One of the reasons for the increase in revenue is due to the increased in sales of art and sports memorabilia through Charity Sports Distributor, which the Company acquired in July 2009. Artfest International also increased its net income for the fourth quarter ending December 31, 2009 by $406,457 as compared to the same period prior year, reporting net income of $116,300 for the fourth quarter December 31, 2009 as compared to a net loss of $290,157 for the December 31, 2008.

Artfest International generated its revenue mainly utilizing its direct sales approach through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Charity Sports Distributor, Art Channel Gallaries, Inc., and Art Channel, Inc. Charity Sports Distributor has agreements with both professional and college sport teams around the country. Through Legends Hospitality Management, who manages all silent auctions at the Dallas Cowboys home games, the company has been able to offer premium Dallas Cowboys and other celebrities autographed memorabilia at all Cowboy home games. Charity Sports Distributor is in the gift, novelty, collectable and memorabilia business and operates souvenir shops and game day auctions at college sport venues and Pro Sports Stadiums.

Artfest International recently announced that all Artfest International Shareholders of Record as of April 15 will receive 1 share of Artfest Direct valued at $10 per share for every 1000 shares they own of Artfest International (ARTS) on the record date. The Company will be conducting an offering of Artfest Direct shares at $10.00 per share and Artfest Direct will be capitalized with 10 million shares outstanding. The Company’s goal is to raise $10 million for the acquisition of additional fine art and sports memorabilia which will be offered directly to the public. Artfest International will be announcing details for the complete spin off and Public Offering of Artfest Direct in the near future.

“I am excited about the strong financial performance of the Company in the fourth quarter this year as compared to the fourth quarter of last year. The increase in sales will bring increased value to our loyal shareholders,” stated Edward Vakser, CEO of Artfest International, Inc.

About Artfest International, Inc.

Artfest International, Inc. brings together artists, investors, decorators, designers, private collectors and art galleries. Artfest International’s corporate site is www.artfestinternational.com. Artfest’s subsidiaries are Art Channel, Inc. (www.artchannel.tv), and Art Channel Galleries, Inc. (Art Channel Galleries :: Changing The Way The World Buys and Collects Art), offering the most exciting product and rewards program in the history of direct sales marketing.

***AND***

DALLAS, TX--(Marketwire - 03/15/10) - Artfest International, Inc. (OTC.BB:ARTS - News) is pleased to announce that all Artfest International Shareholders of Record as of April 15 will receive 1 share of Artfest Direct valued at $10 per share for every 1000 shares they own of Artfest International (ARTS) on the record date. The Company will be conducting an offering of Artfest Direct shares at $10.00 per share.

Artfest Direct, a wholly owned subsidiary of Artfest International, will be capitalized with 10 million shares outstanding. The Company's goal is to raise $10 million for the acquisition of additional fine art and sports memorabilia which will be offered directly to the public. Artfest International will be announcing details for the complete spin off and Public Offering of Artfest Direct in the near future.

Artfest Direct is targeting the $835 Million virtual sports memorabilia and social gaming market with the launch of its new e-commerce website ArtfestDirect.com 04-01-2010 on March 8, 2010. For the first time, Artfest International's new website will enable consumers to purchase fine sports art as well as sports memorabilia and collectibles directly from their favorite teams, players, and athletes. Sales in the Sports Memorabilia market as a whole declined by approximately 20% last year. However, according to a January 2010 report by the research firm, Inside Network, the U.S. market in 2010 for virtual goods is expected to reach $1.6 Billion, with $835 Million of which will be from social gaming and sports memorabilia.

Artfest International is launching this program through its call center, online, and directly through the Company's partnership agreements with the Major Stadiums, as well as the hundreds of other professional and NCAA division I college sports teams across the country. Earlier this year, Artfest International opened a call center based on the direct marketing performance of companies including Herbalife, Mary Kay, Avon, and Tupperware Inc. Artfest International expects to increase its call center to over 20,000 members based on the expected revenue generated from the Artfestdirect.com program.

"We are happy to reward our loyal shareholders and we are confident that our direct sales model is the future of the Arts and Collectables Industry," stated Edward Vakser, CEO of Artfest International, Inc.

Artfest International, Inc. brings together artists, investors, decorators, designers, private collectors and art galleries. Artfest International's corporate site is www.artfestinternational.com. Artfest's subsidiaries are Art Channel, Inc. (www.artchannel.tv), and Art Channel Galleries, Inc. (Art Channel Galleries :: Changing The Way The World Buys and Collects Art), offering the most exciting product and rewards program in the history of direct sales marketing.

Safe Harbor Statement -- This release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 27E of the Securities Act of 1934. Statements contained in this release that are not historical facts may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned that forward-looking statements are inherently uncertain. Actual performance and results may differ materially from that projected or suggested herein due to certain risks and uncertainties including, without limitation, ability to obtain financing and regulatory and shareholder approvals for anticipated actions. Such statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain factors, risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results, events and performance to differ materially from those referred to or implied by such statements. In addition, actual or future results may differ materially from those anticipated depending on a variety of factors, including continued maintenance of favorable license arrangements, success of market research identifying new product opportunities, successful introduction of new products, continued product innovation, sales and earnings growth, ability to attract and retain key personnel, and general economic conditions affecting consumer spending. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. ARTS does not intend to update any of the forward-looking statements after the date of this release to conform these statements to actual results or to changes in its expectations, except as may be required by law.

D:) According to the charts, ARTS looks like some good things could happen in the short term at least. The simple moving averages have leveled off and have been trending slightly upward for the past eleven trading sessions - a reversal of a lengthy down trend, and the Bollinger Bands have been narrowing ever since the beginning of that reversal. The past three trading sessions have produced three consecutive small green candles. And the momentum has been sharply climbing for the past three days as well. The RSI, Relative Strength Index, has been climbing and ended yesterday at 53.74 - well below what is considered to be overbought territory. Some traders may consider it to be a clear signal to buy once it crosses the 60 line. The MFI or Money Flow Index dropped some on Friday to 34.21 - well below being overbought, and actually closer to indicate oversold status.

***Of course you should always, always ALWAYS do your own DD, but in my humble opinion, you might want to at the very least, put this one on one of your watch lists.

***ZVTK has been a hotter stock recently, but from a technical standpoint, THIS one SHOULD perform even better in the short term at least, imho.

And as always, GLTA!
riches2rags2 is offline   3 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:38 AM   Nav to Top  #2
porkloin
VIP Trader

porkloin is a name known to allporkloin is a name known to allporkloin is a name known to allporkloin is a name known to allporkloin is a name known to allporkloin is a name known to all

i agree...the short term feel on ARTS is that it will trend higher. if your playing this one since the reverse split and pps massacre ~~> dont be afraid to take profits on spikes and reload when the price plummets.

this one is a money maker.
porkloin is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:18 AM   Nav to Top  #3
riches2rags2
UberTrader

riches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?

I haven't been in it very long - just about a week or so. My position consists of a total of five modest buys. My first was at .0057, and then I averaged down with the dips - some at .0047 and some at .0049 which was about the lowest it dipped on Friday. So now my average cost basis is .005. I think we should see some positive pps movement at some point this coming week.
riches2rags2 is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:21 PM   Nav to Top  #4
porkloin
VIP Trader

porkloin is a name known to allporkloin is a name known to allporkloin is a name known to allporkloin is a name known to allporkloin is a name known to allporkloin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by riches2rags2 View Post
..So now my average cost basis is .005.
thats where im levered in too ~

I think we should see some positive pps movement at some point this coming week.
i am hoping for this week...but my goal is to see movement within the next two weeks {once the special divvy date gets nearer .. i think we will see a nice spike ( maybe even high enough to take some great profits)}.

lemme ask you riches2rags2 .. this special divvy seems too good to be true to me. it seems as though we are not getting ALL the info ~~ or ~~ the price of the shares we receive will be worth nothing 15 minutes after we get them due to intense selling pressures. what does your gut tell ya on this one ?

porkloin
porkloin is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 AM   Nav to Top  #5
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

According to the charts, yesterday's action produced a small black candle with higher than average daily volume. That amounts to basically sideways pps movement, but it happened under the conditions of with ever increasing momentum. The momentum increased from 137 to 153 yesterday.

The MFI, or Money Flow Index ended the day up to 38.14 which is still far below the overbought range. And the RSI, or Relative Strength Index ended up at 53.75 which is an indication of strength without being once again, overbought.

So what we have seen recently, imho, has been some degree of accumulation and consolidation at the present levels - just under and just over the .005 mark. And with some good news soon, there is most likely, no where to go but up from here.

As always, GLTA!
riches2rags2 is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:34 PM   Nav to Top  #6
porkloin
VIP Trader

when this divvy gets priced out...where do you think it goes from ten bucks a share ?

at .005 cents a share. you buy a 10 million share block for 50K {excluding fees and such}. the divvy is paid out and you receive 10 thousand shares {1 : 1000 payout}. 10 thousand shares times a 10 dollar price tag is 100K.

you spend 50K and receive back +100K ?? something is not quite right here. do you think that ARTS is a better pps play and dont worry about this "special" dividend ? OR do you think the special divvy is a phenomenal opportunity that is being signifigantly downplayed ?

i am thinking that ARTS is a money maker if you play it right ~
Old 04-04-2010, 04:10 PM   Nav to Top  #7
porkloin
VIP Trader

alright...we are entering the week that i think ARTS will have a pps bump. get ready to turn some profits baby !
Old 04-06-2010, 08:49 AM   Nav to Top  #8
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

***NEWS OUT***

Artfest International, Inc. Signs Distribution Agreement With Second Largest Cable Operator in the Country

DALLAS, TX -- (Marketwire)
04/06/10
Artfest International, Inc. (OTCBB: ARTS) is pleased to announce that Time Warner Cable will be the distribution outlet of Artfest International's "Artfest Direct" program to 550,000 Time Warner Cable customers. Artfest has an "On-Demand" distribution agreement with Time Warner, Inc., the second largest cable operator in the country, which will give Artfest International its base for the development of the Art Channel "On-Demand" program. Starting next month, Artfest will be showcasing its Art and Sports memorabilia, on its Time Warner Art Channel program slot. As part of the distribution agreement with Time Warner, Artfest is able to sell advertising/commercial space that is available on its Art Channel TV slot.

Time Warner Cable owns and manages cable systems connected to approximately 26 million homes in 33 states. The Company has 14.7 million customers for its video, high-speed data and residential telephone services. This includes 13.3 million basic video subscribers and more than 7 million customers who purchase at least two of the Company's primary services. Time Warner Cable operates some of the most technologically advanced and best-clustered cable systems in the country, with nearly 85 percent of the Company's customers located in five geographic regions: New York, Texas, Ohio, the Carolinas and southern California. It is the largest cable provider in the nation's two largest cities, Los Angeles and New York, and the second largest cable operator in the country.

"We are excited to launch our Art Channel on the second largest cable operator in the country," stated Edward Vakser, CEO of Artfest International, Inc. "After the successful launch of our Art Channel in Texas, we plan to expand our Art Channel nationwide by the end of 2010. We are pleased to have formed this relationship as we continue to increase our sales revenues and shareholder value."

Artfest International recently filed its notification of late filling for the Company's 10-K with the SEC for period ending December 31, 2009. The notification was due to the growth the Company has experienced over the past year which included the acquisitions of Charity Sports Distributor as well as various events held at Artfest International's 52,000 square foot facility in Dallas, Texas, and direct sales activity through its Art Channel, Inc. and Art Channel Galleries, Inc. subsidiaries. The Company expects its 10-K to be filed within the next 10 days.

Artfest International, Inc. brings together artists, investors, decorators, designers, private collectors and art galleries. Artfest International's corporate site is www.artfestinternational.com. Artfest's subsidiaries are Art Channel, Inc. (Art Channel TV), and Art Channel Galleries, Inc. (Art Channel Galleries :: Changing The Way The World Buys and Collects Art), offering the most exciting product and rewards program in the history of direct sales marketing.

Safe Harbor Statement -- This release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 27E of the Securities Act of 1934. Statements contained in this release that are not historical facts may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned that forward-looking statements are inherently uncertain. Actual performance and results may differ materially from that projected or suggested herein due to certain risks and uncertainties including, without limitation, ability to obtain financing and regulatory and shareholder approvals for anticipated actions. Such statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain factors, risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results, events and performance to differ materially from those referred to or implied by such statements. In addition, actual or future results may differ materially from those anticipated depending on a variety of factors, including continued maintenance of favorable license arrangements, success of market research identifying new product opportunities, successful introduction of new products, continued product innovation, sales and earnings growth, ability to attract and retain key personnel, and general economic conditions affecting consumer spending. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. ARTS does not intend to update any of the forward-looking statements after the date of this release to conform these statements to actual results or to changes in its expectations, except as may be required by law.

Investor Relations

Management Solutions International

1 407-389-5900

Hopefully, this will help move the pps today . . .

And as always, GLTA!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:47 AM   Nav to Top  #9
porkloin
VIP Trader

Hopefully, this will help move the pps today . . .
yesterday nothing happened in ARTS..price closed at .0041

today we have already hit an intraday high of .0055. come on .008 !!

** EDIT not an hour an a half into the day and were sitting at .0064. do you believe? EDIT **

** EDIT .0074 was just filled .. an hour and forty five minutes in !! EDIT **

** EDIT did anyone just see that ?? and order was filled at .0035 ?? that was a little weird EDIT **

** EDIT whew hew !!! just hit .008. do you believe yet ? EDIT **

Last edited by porkloin; 04-06-2010 at 01:44 PM..
porkloin is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:11 PM   Nav to Top  #10
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Did I help?

Wow! Up over 100% so far!
riches2rags2 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
ZVTK.OB