Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Penny Stock Picks » Strong Buy: Biophan, Inc BIPH the 3rd Stock Recommended on 3/12/09 Is it next?

Old 05-29-2009, 11:43 AM   Nav to Top  #141
Home Run
Junior Trader

Favorites: WFC AFR CRH
Home Run will become famous soon enough
Default Pump and dump

Looks like the pump and dump has been confirmed on this one. I reckon 35$ is a little optimistic on this one but reckon it has a chance of a dollar or more. I'll be more than happy with a dollar or more. The fact the company has been around since 1984 makes me wonder why they haven't hit such levels before. Do really like their technology and patents and hope this heart technology is as good as everyone hopes. I'm going to run it past a doctor who works in this area and see what they say and will revert back.
Home Run is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:29 PM   Nav to Top  #142
trants
Rants

Favorites: MOT WDC ENG
trants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Home Run View Post
Looks like the pump and dump has been confirmed on this one. I reckon 35$ is a little optimistic on this one but reckon it has a chance of a dollar or more. I'll be more than happy with a dollar or more. The fact the company has been around since 1984 makes me wonder why they haven't hit such levels before. Do really like their technology and patents and hope this heart technology is as good as everyone hopes. I'm going to run it past a doctor who works in this area and see what they say and will revert back.

Well Homerun,

I will tell you that you are wrong about a Pump and Dump,

Optimistic? Well I will let you toss that one out there, but I ask you to put a fully valued price on each technology they have, "as I did." to back up your view.

I would look real closely at the Licensing agreements they already have in place before you speak. The stuff called DD, you know. (Look at Medtronics use of the patents and the need for Boston Scientific to do the same with the license they bought!)

This is a medical research company. As do all Bio Techs, they have successes and failures along the way to the brass ring.

Why don't you do me a favor, I will give you a concept for new medical device. Then I will turn you loose to design, prove intellectual theory, build the prototype, submit the patents, and all sub patents, develop to a working device, do the animal testing according to FDA standards, and document the results, Modify your patents to meet your findings, then proceed to human trials, "if you get approval from the FDA to do the trials," now along the way, please raise the millions of dollars needed to do it,

Now while you are doing this, please find, and develop about 100 other patents, license one of them to a major medical supplier (Boston Scientific & Guidant Medical ), and sell one to another Major Medical supplier (Medtronic), "just to keep your working capital up" and I will check with you in a few years and see how you are doing!

I don't mean to be critical here, but you may not have a grasp on the time it takes to develop medical devices.

They did all of the MRI safe development first. They are the leaders in the industry for that, they also are contracted to the FDA to write the standards in MRI safe.

Recently they came across the Myovad (In development) and bought the company while under extreme financial stress.

I have owned this stock for at least 5 years, and I know their road they are on here very well. (Hardly a Pump & Dump!)

So go back and check the CAVA FILTER, THE STENTS, THE MRI SAFE technology & Licensing, thermal batteries, Heart pumps, all of the patents and devices.

Apply a value to each "in estimated earnings", then of course "apply the average P/E of 16" for that industry.

When you are all done, please list your findings here! I would be interested!

Now I don't usually go to these terms, but when you refer to one of my recommendations as a Pump & Dump, be sure you have your facts right. To be sure, I will put my winners and losers list and DD up against yours!

One persons Pump & Dump is another's Due Diligence I guess, eh.

Buy the way, the dollar is all I told people to play this for, the rest was citing long term potentials from the technologies!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:52 PM   Nav to Top  #143
Home Run
Junior Trader

Favorites: WFC AFR CRH
Home Run will become famous soon enough
Default Misunderstanding.....

I think there is cross wires here. I referred to what was going on with the share price as a pump and dump not that the company was not a good one. A good company can be a victim of share manipulation just as much as a bad one. Anyway I do not need to be convinced on how capable this company is as their technology is impressive especially for their market cap. which presents extraordinary value and definitely worth a run. I actually own this stock myself (!)
Home Run is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:05 AM   Nav to Top  #144
Madloch
Junior Trader

Favorites: CTIC, TIG, BIPH
Madloch is a jewel in the roughMadloch is a jewel in the roughMadloch is a jewel in the rough

Form 10-K on 29-May-2009:

Summary of BIOPHAN TECHNOLOGIES INC - Yahoo! Finance
Madloch is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:53 AM   Nav to Top  #145
Kordoyn
UberTrader

Favorites: DOW TCK HEB
Kordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond repute

That is one ugly 10-K

Hope they can find some financing soon.
Monday should give a cheap entry price, or averaging down price.
Kordoyn is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:54 AM   Nav to Top  #146
trants
Rants

trants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond repute
Big Smile I did read your post wrong!

Originally Posted by Home Run View Post
I think there is cross wires here. I referred to what was going on with the share price as a pump and dump not that the company was not a good one. A good company can be a victim of share manipulation just as much as a bad one. Anyway I do not need to be convinced on how capable this company is as their technology is impressive especially for their market cap. which presents extraordinary value and definitely worth a run. I actually own this stock myself (!)

Oh,

So Sorry,

I did read your post wrong!

Please forgive may rant! I have a lot of effort invested into this one! and I am a big believer in this companies future success!

As I have mentioned I have been adding continuously to this stock for 5 years now!
Old 05-30-2009, 12:32 PM   Nav to Top  #147
trants
Rants

Default It is a bit ugly Kordoyn

Originally Posted by Kordoyn View Post
That is one ugly 10-K

Hope they can find some financing soon.
Monday should give a cheap entry price, or averaging down price.

It is a bit ugly Kordoyn,

But you have to read the whys and I am not certain if you were able to do so.

The loss of $14 Mil was for dissolving the Myotech LLC and it's partner, "The company's acquired by Biophan."

.................................................. .................................................. .............

" Operating gains and losses

We record gains and losses from transactions that are central to our business strategy but don't otherwise meet the definition of revenue in operating gains and losses. During fiscal 2008, we recognized a net gain of $10,939,333 from the sale of intellectual property to Medtronic, Inc. During fiscal 2009, we recorded an impairment of intellectual property of approximately $14,565,000, however in 2009 this amount was included in the loss from operations of discontinued operations since the impairment of intellectual property was directly related to the dissolution of Myotech LLC, one of Biophan's majority-owned subsidiaries.

Discontinued operations
Discontinued operations represent the results of operations from MR:Comp GmbH ("MR Comp") and Myotech LLC ("Myotech"). The Company's interest in MR Comp was divested and Myotech was dissolved effective June 1, 2008 and October 17, 2008, respectively. "
.................................................. .................................................. ........

This company has been around in this difficult industry for 25 years. They will gain financing needed. They actually were fully funded (By cash on hand) for the total development of the Myovad until they decided to pay off dilutive financing and acquire 100% ownership of Myotech last year. (They owned 80% prior)

I have to feel that they were not going out on this limb without great confidence that they can meet the future needs. In addition Medtronics surceases should be stimulating their major competitors Boston Scientific and (BS's sister company) Guidant to be gearing up for the MRI safe program. That will bring needed revenues to Biophan.

We are now awaiting the "Unexpected Great News" aren't we!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:55 AM   Nav to Top  #148
SeanECE
Ghandi G

Favorites: BIPH CPRK GNTA
SeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SeanECE Send a message via Skype™ to SeanECE

Dear BIPH and Trants.....

I you long time.

It's happening bud. Let's have fun.

Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
SeanECE is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:54 AM   Nav to Top  #149
Dead Bird Dog
UberTrader

Dead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea what's going on with BIPH today? Trading appears to have been halted.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:03 AM   Nav to Top  #150
Spinner
Untitled

Favorites: BA, SSW, HEB
Spinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond reputeSpinner has a reputation beyond repute

My broker is showing volume for BIPH today, just not very much. Last trade @ 0.0175.

?

DIsclaimer: Spinner is not a genius trader, terrible results speak for themselves. However, in the spirit of complete disclosure, he is holding the following stocks long for dividends (SSW, BA), trading the following stocks for growth (OCNF, HEB, BDSI, CTIC, NRI, ICAD), and holding the following loony tunes penny shares for the million dollar payday (BIPH, XDSL).
Spinner is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
Biophan, BIPH, FDA