Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Penny Stock Picks » Nephros (OTC:NEPH): NEW ONE!!! 6/12/09

Old 05-26-2009, 05:48 PM   Nav to Top  #1
nahoma8
VIP Trader

Favorites: BIEl, SPNG,BEHL,NEPH,NRIFF
nahoma8 is a splendid one to beholdnahoma8 is a splendid one to beholdnahoma8 is a splendid one to beholdnahoma8 is a splendid one to beholdnahoma8 is a splendid one to beholdnahoma8 is a splendid one to beholdnahoma8 is a splendid one to beholdnahoma8 is a splendid one to behold
Default Nephros (OTC:NEPH): NEW ONE!!! 6/12/09

Extreme FDA Trades on Pending Medical Device Decisions - BioMedReports.com

1.) Nephros (OTC:NEPH): Price - $0.14, Market Cap - $5M, Revenue (ttm) - $1.7M, Net Loss - ($5.4M)

The Nephros hemodiafiltration (HDF) system is designed to improve the quality of life for End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients while addressing the critical financial and clinical needs of the care provider. The Nephros HDF system removes a range of harmful substances more effectively, and with greater capacity, than existing ESRD treatment methods, according to the Company.

The Nephros Dual Stage Ultra-filter (DSU) is the basis for Nephros's line of water filtration products. The patented dual stage cold sterilization ultrafilter has the capability to filter out bacteria and, due to its exceptional filtration levels, filter out many viruses, parasites and biotoxins. Sale of the DSU has begun at several major U.S. medical centers for infection control and has been selected for further development by the U.S. Marine Corps for purification of drinking water by soldiers in the field.

On 11/14/08, Nephros submitted a 510(k) application to the FDA for approval of its HDF products for ESRD in the U.S. market. The application details the Company's OLpur MD220 diafilter and OLpur H2H Hemodiafiltration module. Following its review of the application, the FDA has requested additional information. Nephros replied to the FDA inquiries on 3/13/09. Per FDA guidelines, the FDA has 90 days to review the additional information provided by the Company for an expected decision by Friday 6/12/09 or Monday 6/15/09.

On 10/7/08, Nephros filed a 510(k) application for approval to market DSU filters to dialysis clinics for in-line purification of dialysate water. Following its review of the application, the FDA requested additional information, and Nephros provided a formal response to the agency on 2/24/09. Per FDA guidelines, the FDA has 90 days to review the additional information provided; so a decision from the agency could come as early as Tuesday 5/26/09.

2.) Bovie Medical (AMEX:BVX): Price - $7.40, Market Cap - $126M, Revenue (ttm) - $28.6M, Net Income - $2M

On 3/3/09, BVX announced the filing of a 510(k) pre-market notification application (PMA) for regulatory clearance of its ICON GS electrosurgical generator and handpiece (J-Plasma system). The technology utilizes a gas ionization process producing a stable thin focused beam of ionized gas that can be controlled in a wide range of temperatures and intensities for greater surgical precision which is minimally invasive.

On 5/19/09, BVX announced a 510(k) submission to the FDA seeking pre-market clearance for a laparoscopic SEER device for solid organ resection. The laparoscopic SEER is a line extension of the Saline Enhance Electrosurgical Resection (SEER) device that Bovie launched earlier this year and will address the growing market of minimally invasive liver resection. The laparoscopic SEER allows the surgeon to dissect and achieve hemostasis with a single device resulting in less instrument utilization and fewer instrument changes in a minimally invasive approach.

BVX is also working toward 510(k) filings for its BOSS orthopedic tissue resection device and Polarian vessel sealing technology. Since 510(k) medical device applications do not have firm FDA decision dates, my estimate for responses on the Company's two pending applications would be late 2009 to early 2010.

3.) Nanosphere (NASDAQ:NSPH): Price - $3.65, Market Cap - $81M, Revenue (ttm) - $1M, Net Loss (ttm) - ($36.5M)

In early May, NSPH received FDA clearance for its influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) test which leaves three 510(k) applications still pending at the FDA with estimated decisions during 2H09, including diagnostic assays for cystic fibrosis and hemochromatosis (a disorder in which excessive amounts of iron are absorbed and accumulate in the body in tissues and organs such as the heart and liver), along with a second generation version of its Verigene System that incorporates automated sample processing.

Last edited by chuckd; 05-28-2009 at 01:28 AM.. Reason: ADDED TAG
nahoma8 is offline   7 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:48 AM   Nav to Top  #2
mahmissa
UberTrader

Favorites: BAC, HEB, LVS
mahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond repute

This jumped 100% yesterday.

May you live all the days of your life- Jonathon Swift

Last edited by mahmissa; 05-27-2009 at 08:01 AM..
mahmissa is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:59 AM   Nav to Top  #3
mahmissa
UberTrader

Favorites: BAC, HEB, LVS
mahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond repute

Closed at .32 yesterday but the high of the day was .45 Wonder what the upside is IF aproved. 52 week high is 1.6 on Google.

May you live all the days of your life- Jonathon Swift

Last edited by mahmissa; 05-27-2009 at 08:01 AM..
mahmissa is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:21 AM   Nav to Top  #4
jim.aasen
Trader

jim.aasen is a jewel in the roughjim.aasen is a jewel in the roughjim.aasen is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mahmissa View Post
Closed at .32 yesterday but the high of the day was .45 Wonder what the upside is IF aproved. 52 week high is 1.6 on Google.
Tough to say and I was wondering the same thing myself. Info is a little hard to come by on this, but I took a small position (1k) in it today at .26. Seems like a decision could come between now and sometime in early June. It's sort of a complimentary play to my HEB stake. Now if only both ships could come in...
jim.aasen is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:06 AM   Nav to Top  #5
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Favorites: RMDM, IMGG, CBAI, ZVTK, ARTS
riches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via Yahoo to riches2rags2

Good morning Jim!

I made two buys yesterday. I waited until I THOUGHT all the profit taking dust had settled. My first buy was at .30. Then oh my gosh another wave of profit taking took place! I saw it go all the way down past .25. So I filled another order for .26 to average down. Now I will probably just sit and wait until June to see what happens. And that reminds me. I need to set some news alerts for this one now to hopefully stay on top of the potential developments.

Good luck, and have a great day!
riches2rags2 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:48 AM   Nav to Top  #6
jim.aasen
Trader

jim.aasen is a jewel in the roughjim.aasen is a jewel in the roughjim.aasen is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by riches2rags2 View Post
Good morning Jim!

I made two buys yesterday. I waited until I THOUGHT all the profit taking dust had settled. My first buy was at .30. Then oh my gosh another wave of profit taking took place! I saw it go all the way down past .25. So I filled another order for .26 to average down. Now I will probably just sit and wait until June to see what happens. And that reminds me. I need to set some news alerts for this one now to hopefully stay on top of the potential developments.

Good luck, and have a great day!
Thanks...looks like today is going along okay with the ask up to .37. I've been looking around to get a consensus on this stock, but like I stated earlier, not much is out there on it. If you find something relevant, shoot me a PM so I can check it out, and I'll do the same as well as post here in the thread.

Jim
Old 05-28-2009, 01:17 PM   Nav to Top  #7
GypsyDRB
UberTrader

Favorites: HEB, NEPH, BAC
GypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond reputeGypsyDRB has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in this for 10k shares @ .35 due to biomedreports article.
GypsyDRB is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:41 PM   Nav to Top  #8
riches2rags2
UberTrader

Favorites: RMDM, IMGG, CBAI, ZVTK, ARTS
riches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond reputeriches2rags2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via Yahoo to riches2rags2

Hey guys the support seems to be building for this one at higher levels. The high was .40 so far today, it was holding pretty firm @ .37 for a while, and is currently @ .38 on yet another up trend. Good luck guys!
riches2rags2 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:51 PM   Nav to Top  #9
jim.aasen
Trader

Originally Posted by riches2rags2 View Post
Hey guys the support seems to be building for this one at higher levels. The high was .40 so far today, it was holding pretty firm @ .37 for a while, and is currently @ .38 on yet another up trend. Good luck guys!
I tend to agree with that...decision could come at any time, so I'm sure that some of this movement is a result of that. Either way, approval will give us a nice pop. Hope to hear something by this afternoon or tomorrow.

Jim
Old 05-28-2009, 02:44 PM   Nav to Top  #10
shabiha
Junior Trader

shabiha is on a distinguished road

when is the new coming on this
shabiha is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
NEPH