Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » US Penny Stock Picks » Buy: GETG Green Earth Technologies

Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM   Nav to Top  #1
mahmissa
UberTrader

Favorites: BAC, HEB, LVS
mahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default GETG Green Earth Technologies

Looking to pick up 1000 shares of this as a speculative play. The company designs green automotive, marine, and household products. In early April, they received API approval for their 5W-30 motor oil. They have the only biodegradeable oil to be given this appelation by the API. This is also the oil most cars take. It's supposed to be on the market in June. I appreciate any feedback.

52 week high: 4.59
52 week low: .27
Current: .40

Company website: Green Earth Technologies

Stock Chart: GETG - GREEN EARTH TECHS INC - Google Finance

API approval for 5W-30 motor oil:
Biodegradable motor oil achieves API certification - - Aftermarket Business - Wholesaler, retailer automotive parts

Planet Green 7 Things To Look for in 2009:
7 Things to Look for in 2009 Green Cars : Planet Green

May you live all the days of your life- Jonathon Swift

Last edited by chuckd; 05-26-2009 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: ADDED TAG
mahmissa is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:53 PM   Nav to Top  #2
Aaron
UberTrader

Favorites: GNTA, ABTG, CNFO
Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron

anything "Green" is going to oppositely mimic the state of oil, as seen buy its rise and spike last summer... i found like 10 companies that are in awesome buying condition (with-in 10% of their 52WL's).. its tough though because as long as oil is cheap no one thinks green, they think cheap & instant. while investors are scared to invest because they know as soon as oil gets cheap again there goes their investment... i know there new out on the stimulous package, i'll try to drum some up for yah.

by chance do you eat granola bars
>>there goes the fidelity<<
Aaron is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:55 PM   Nav to Top  #3
Aaron
UberTrader

Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond repute

GREENSTOCKS.COM

* $8.4 billion in public transit, which will save 10.3 million barrels of oil and create or preserve 252,000 jobs, with $1.5 billion set aside for expanding capacity and upgrades to existing transit systems

* $8 billion for new high speed rail projects.

* $6 billion in loan guarantees for renewable energy projects and electricity transmission projects.

* $5 billion for the Weatherization Assistance Program for low income families

* $4.5 billion in green building funding to improve energy efficiency of the federal government (estimate of $2 billion/year in energy savings)

* $3.4 billion in funding for “fossil energy” research (ie clean coal)

* $3.1 billion to help citizens and businesses save energy;

* $3.2 billion in block grants for local government energy efficiency and renewable energy projects

* $2.5 billion for energy efficiency and renewable energy research

* $2 billion for grants to advanced batter manufacturers

* $300 million for federal fuel efficient vehicles

* Extends for three years through 2012 the tax credit for producing electricity from wind and through 2013 for electricity generated by biomass, geothermal, hydropower, landfill gas and ocean currents.

Wind farm developers who previously receiving a production tax credit (which was set to expire this year, now extended to 2012) paid out slowly over time can now choose to take a 30% tax credit the year in which they open for business

* Grants of up to 30 percent of the cost of building a renewable energy facility for the production of solar cells, wind turbine blades and advanced batteries

* $500 million for green jobs over 2 years which will train 70,000 workers in renewable energy and energy efficiency jobs

* $300 million for state matching grants for rebates to consumers buying higher-tier energy-efficient appliances

* service station owners credit for 50 percent of cost (capped at $50,000) for installing pumps that dispense alternative fuels, such as gasoline made of 85 percent ethanol.

* tax credit of at least $2,500 for purchases of plug-in hybrid vehicles with a max credit of $7500

If you have some more details of what’s in the package (or a revision) related to green energy initiatives please put them in the comments section below.

Sources:
Environment America
Reuters
Aaron is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:01 PM   Nav to Top  #4
Aaron
UberTrader

Obama’s new stimulus package creates jobs through green investments

wants to creat 2.5 million "green jobs", estimated $15 billion a year, total between 400-500billion..

so this is going to be across the board.. i like to read/think as green as possible, so i've been eyeing many investments... i think i'm going to put some cash into whoevers making the building material for all these EE houses and buildings.
Aaron is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:45 PM   Nav to Top  #5
mahmissa
UberTrader

mahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond reputemahmissa has a reputation beyond repute

Aaron- are we talking store bought or homemade granola?

Thanks for the info!

I agree, as long as gas is cheap at the pump, no one cares about the environmental hazards.

In the long term, tho, I think Obama is carefully crafting a legacy of having managed the financial crisis and created a greener US as part of that. And beyond the US, Europe is much more proactive about making changes than we are, so I think a lot of green market share will come from them. After all, solar, nuclear, wind power was all established across the pond before we really started looking at ways to develop it on a larger scale for energy here in the US. As a world market, we're moving toward replacing outdated and dangerous products with safer ones.

I guess we'll see. If I'm wrong, I'll buy everyone who posts on this board their very own bag of granola:)

Old 05-26-2009, 09:49 PM   Nav to Top  #6
Kordoyn
UberTrader

Favorites: DOW TCK HEB
Kordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! Granola!

Just want to secure my place in case this granola deal comes to fruition.
Kordoyn is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:25 PM   Nav to Top  #7
AdamJ
UberTrader

Favorites: OPC WTN GCE IAE QEC ITX
AdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant futureAdamJ has a brilliant future

* $300 million for federal fuel efficient vehicles
My pick for this actually encompasses Ford and would say this is a positive for Azure Dynamics AZD.TO
AdamJ is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:43 PM   Nav to Top  #8
pisssed
VIP Trader

Favorites: BAC HEB F SIRI
pisssed is a splendid one to beholdpisssed is a splendid one to beholdpisssed is a splendid one to beholdpisssed is a splendid one to beholdpisssed is a splendid one to beholdpisssed is a splendid one to beholdpisssed is a splendid one to behold

* Grants of up to 30 percent of the cost of building a renewable energy facility for the production of solar cells, wind turbine blades and advanced batteries.

Battery investments/development will be huge say 2-7 years. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=XDSL.OB
mPhase Technologies to Display Smart NanoBattery Model At NanoBusiness Alliance Product... | Reuters

* $500 million for green jobs over 2 years which will train 70,000 workers in renewable energy and energy efficiency jobs

Any publicly traded schools that do this type of stuff?

Or where do the schools buy its supply's from? the high end/dollar stuff

* $300 million for state matching grants for rebates to consumers buying higher-tier energy-efficient appliances

NTE is actually my play on this one, they make chips that go in the appliances.

I have too agree we need to look at the special part makers an not the finish unit seller!!!!

* service station owners credit for 50 percent of cost (capped at $50,000) for installing pumps that dispense alternative fuels, such as gasoline made of 85 percent ethanol.

This is just stupid so whatever... I strongly suggest nobody invest in ethanol

100% agree this is not the answer

* tax credit of at least $2,500 for purchases of plug-in hybrid vehicles with a max credit of $7500

Ford again, looks like they are going to be to market with one of these pretty soon.

Thats what I want something that rises My home power bill, and has a 15-30% less resale value.... IMO

Last edited by pisssed; 05-26-2009 at 11:53 PM..
pisssed is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:31 AM   Nav to Top  #9
mahmissa
UberTrader

Love the idea, Lattes. I'll take a few minutes to post a new thread and once folks submit ideas, I'll repost a complete list of them.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:49 PM   Nav to Top  #10
Billy
Trader

Favorites: heb dndn vnda
Billy is a jewel in the roughBilly is a jewel in the roughBilly is a jewel in the rough

I'm in because I like what I saw. Hopefully some new press releases will get this thing up and running.
Billy is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
GETG